Jawaddi Taksal

sahib singh

As far as I know:

The Jwadee Taksal is a school of keertan, and thats specifically Raag keertan; this is since it promotes Keertan in Raag as prescribed by SatGuru Granth Sahib Jee.

There was a live broadcast of the Barsee of Sant Sucha Singh Jee (former head of the Taksal) a while back on one of the threads here..

Also, there was a large smagam back in 1991 called Adutti Gurmat Sangeet Sammelan which had many different Raagees including Bhai Balbeer Singh, Bhai Avtar Singh, Sant Niranjan Singh (who's now known as Bhai Niranjan Singh) and many more, all did one or two shabads in the title Raag.

I recommend everyone to listen to the shabads available for download via http://www.keertan.org/multimedia.php ESPECIALLY the katha by Sant Sucha Singh jee.

Anyway thats as far as I know, hopefully the sangat can add more like who the head of the taksal is now? etc

thank you. Anyone else

153682[/snapback]

Located in Jawaddi Village, Ludhiana near Basant Vihar. They organise Raag Based Kirtan Darbar Called Adutti gurmat smagam every year. Founded by Late B. Sucha Singh. I have visited it many times, when I used to live in Ludhiana, mostly coz of some of my friends who used to learn Kirtan at that place. Some various keertanis like Bhai Nirajan Singh Jawaddi are product of this place. Some controversies popped up, enough to stop me from visiting it.