Sikh Federation Uk

WGJKKWGJKF

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Just thought i'd let the sangat know of the Sikh federation UK

The first and only Sikh political party in UK

You can get latest events and news that are occuring in the UK if you subscribe to this site.

Check the site out click here

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

How is the Sikh Federation the first and only political party of the Sikhs?

How can they represent me if I haven't voted for them?

If you all think about it, they don't really represent the Sikhs, unless all the Sikhs or a majority of Sikhs have voted for them.

Which organisations or which individuals have voted for the Sikh Federation to represent us?

I mean i'm not against anything the Sikh Federation have done to date, but before claiming that they represent the Sikhs, I think they should consult Sikhs or organisations within the Ubited Kingdom.

I agree....

To be Labor or Conserv. is fine, as it's the public electing the party. With this Sikh Party, they claim to represent the views of Sikhi. I'm sure they are doing a fine job, but I sense there is something wrong here as they are selling Sikhism without neccessarily having the 'vote' of the UK Sikhs. Surely it would make more sense having a number of Sikh parties and voting for a party that is elected to represent Sikhs.

This party has been around for a while, but no-one really knows them or knows who they are.

I think that it is excellent that they are out there doing something rather than just talking about doing it.

I've seen and been to many events organised by Sikh Federation UK and they have all been top class.

Keep up the amazing seva!

It is not a political party - it is an advocacy and lobbying group. Some people say it was born after the banning of the ISYF under the terrorism act. They claim to be campaigning for the unbanning of the ISYF. A political party is something along the lines of Labour or Conservative. The Sikh Federation seeks to be seen as the sole representatives of Sikhs and to claim for all Sikhs. They should say they offer one perspective and not claim to speak for all Sikhs.

Funny thing is, over the past few years I have been to quite a few SF events, not once have I heard them say they represent ALL SIkhs.

And how many Sikhs here HAVE attended the events and seen for themselves if they feel SF represent their views.

Many don't want to be part of the political fold which lobbys for Khalistan or the ban on ISYF to be lifted... how about the issues of the kirpaan, the turban, the French ban, seperate monitoring.... the list is endless.

A lot of tireless efforts go into organising lobbys to push forward Sikh issues... perhaps not a representation of all Sikhs - which they have NEVER claimed to be,but certainly the right channel, the only CLEAR channel for Sikhs in the UK to push forward their issues.

The highly successful lobby days, proof of this.

Oh, dont get me wrong...I think anything that promotes Sikhi (in a good way) has to be beneficial.

I'm just worried that not enough is being done by the SF and I guess us the sangat to enhance our role in UK politics and promote our own culture.

Why is this important?

If you look at what role Islam has in UK politics etc...you will see what I mean.

After 9/11 and 7/7, the views and concerns of the muslim community has always been listened to and you always see Muslim leaders in the UK standing up for violence and speaking out at racially motivated violence towards muslims.

I think we need something similar. Sometimes its disheartening to see so much support within the Muslim community for their UK 'leaders' (and I use that word loosley) but little organised Sikh 'support'.

The idea of the SF is GOOD. But I think they need to publicise themselves more and make more the sangat aware of what they are doing.

And finally, I think we need some king of British Sikh Council who are out-there making our voices heard, just as the Muslim council of GB are doing.

Some may say we don't need to promote out culture...but in this day and age, anything we do to promote Sikhi and make non-Sikhs aware of what we are and what we do is going to be beneficial.

They are just a lobby group but they like to proclaim themselves as being a political party.

The Jews etc all have lobby groups and happily refer to these groups as lobby groups but the Sikh Fed think they are a political party.

Everyone knows that it is just a new front for the banned ISYF.

If it is a front for the banned ISYF then trouble is ahead when they make public pronouncements and investigations are made by the mainstream media and guess what? The leading 'Sikh Political Party' in the UK happens to be allied to a terrorist outfit banned from every country in the world. And that will be a great thing for the Sikh image and cause, wont it?