Change In Maryada?!?!?

1 date. Bikarmi calendar is flawed and those who bash the Nanakshahi calendar are uneducated.

Here is a link!

http://www.sikhmarg.com/2005/0710-nanak-shahi-calender.html

By Inderjit Singh Kaanpur!

155095[/snapback]

Yes I guess you and the Canadian who designed it are wiser than our Guru Ji.

It is not those who bash the Nanakshahi who are uneducated but the people who ignore the calander used by our Guru Ji.

Answer the following questions :

Where are Guru Ji recognising the "flaws" and capable of designing a calendar ?

Why does the Nanakshahi calendar still use the BK date for Bandi Chhorh Diwas ?

Today it is the calendar used by our Guru Ji tomorrow we will get some <banned word filter activated> saying instead of Amrit you can take a glass of Red Bull. Some things are not meant for change and the calendar is one of these things.

155109[/snapback]

As for why the date for bandhi shor, ask Vedanti and the gang.

Where are Guru Ji recognising the "flaws" and capable of designing a calendar ?

?????

What did you mean?

It doesn't make sence.

Please write again. I will have no worries to answer your question.

155128[/snapback]

OK I have sorted out that question :

Were our Guru Ji not capable of recognising the "flaws" and capable of designing a calendar ?

You think some Canadian and a SGPC committee knows better than our Guru Ji ?

As for asking Vedanti, you happily accept a calendar him and his gang have authorised but call those who question it uneducated. Why should I ask Vedanti you are pro Nanakshahi calendar so you should know why Bandi Chhorh Diwas has a floating date that is the same as the BK date for Diwali. Looks like this Nanakshahi calendar is the biggest joke calendar. Its backers claim dates are fixed but there are a few dates that are still not fixed.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about this earlier and thought about the following change :

“Generally, no Sikh should marry a second wife if the first wife is alive.”

Only last year we had Jathedar Vedanti having a go and threatening all sorts of action against the Patna Sahib Jathedar for getting married again as his first wife had left him. If the above is in the Rehat Maryada then what was Vedanti making a fuss over and more importantly if Vedanti believed that the Patna Sahib Jathedar had violated the Rehat Maryada then why has he not summoned all the people involved in the above change and punished them.

I don't think that generall was added to allow polygamy, but to allow those in EXTREME circumstances, where i.e. the wife is being raped, abused etc etc be allowed to divorce and henceforth marry someone else more on the path of the Guru. That is why I think this amendment is a good step, and isn't there to allow polygamy.

Although I am in favour of the 'generally' business, since it allows people in EXTREME, EXTREME situations to divorce and re-settle while the husband is still alive, I don't think the SGPC has the right to modify it right and left however and whenever it feels like it. the Maryada shoudl have been modified with the Panth getting together and making amendments rather than some tom, john, harry making these changes, no matter how much sense they make.

Unbelievable as it sounds there are plenty of 'Gurmukhs' our there who are against divorce and remarriage whilst the partner is alive, even in extreme cases of rape, and phsical and mental abuse. This needs to be stopped. Punjabi mentality needs to be dropped.

Bhull Chukk maaf

I don't think that generall was added to allow polygamy, but to allow those in EXTREME circumstances, where i.e. the wife is being raped, abused etc etc be allowed to divorce and henceforth marry someone else more on the path of the Guru. That is why I think this amendment is a good step, and isn't there to allow polygamy.

Although I am in favour of the 'generally' business, since it allows people in EXTREME, EXTREME situations to divorce and re-settle while the husband is still alive, I don't think the SGPC has the right to modify it right and left however and whenever it feels like it. the Maryada shoudl have been modified with the Panth getting together and making amendments rather than some tom, john, harry making these changes, no matter how much sense they make.

Unbelievable as it sounds there are plenty of 'Gurmukhs' our there who are against divorce and remarriage whilst the partner is alive, even in extreme cases of rape, and phsical and mental abuse.  This needs to be stopped. Punjabi mentality needs to be dropped.

Bhull Chukk maaf

156472[/snapback]

If your wife divorces you, she is no longer your wife. THEN it is okay to marry. But from what the altered maryada reads, it seems to allow polygamy. THIS is what I am against. Perhaps it should be changed or amended to mention that polygamy is not allowed?

I think these corrupt ppl are trying to make maryada more and more ambiguous so that they can go around doing their kartoots under the name of maryada.... I feel maryada should be made more elaborate on certain vital issues. Rest SGPC is a gurudwara parbhandhak committe... who gave them the right to tamper with maryada of the panth. Only Sarbat khalsa can do that.

Fateh!

Unbelievable as it sounds there are plenty of 'Gurmukhs' our there who are against divorce and remarriage whilst the partner is alive, even in extreme cases of rape, and phsical and mental abuse.  This needs to be stopped. Punjabi mentality needs to be dropped.

Bhull Chukk maaf

156472[/snapback]

If your wife divorces you, she is no longer your wife. THEN it is okay to marry. But from what the altered maryada reads, it seems to allow polygamy. THIS is what I am against. Perhaps it should be changed or amended to mention that polygamy is not allowed?

156486[/snapback]

There is no divorce. in Sikhi. There is no mention of divorce in the rehitmaryada. That is why you 'generally' cannot remarry while your husband/wife is still alive.

I don't think it is a quesiton of polygamy at all. Agree with palamrinder though about SGPC not having the right to do so, whenever and however it wishes to do so.

What si the point of the Maryada if it's going to be changed every so often?

Ppl will be elss likely to follow it if it is just changed and rewritte again. I agree with Lion(LK)King, these matters and dicisions should not be taken lightly and done casually.

What si the point of the Maryada if it's going to be changed every so often?

Ppl will be elss likely to follow it if it is just changed and rewritte again. I agree with Lion(LK)King, these matters and dicisions should not be taken lightly and done casually.

156557[/snapback]

Its good to have an evolving Maryada. Just think in a few years they may change it so we can wear chocolate Kachere and have carry catapaults instead of the Kirpan.