Kids @ The Gurdwara

Akaali

Dear sisters/brothers..

My dear sir (furious).

I was deeply offended at you reply but then after reading it again I have to say I am truly ashamed at where we are in at our attitude to being at a gurudwara

We go to the gurus house to pray and be with the holy sansagat and not a place where people take their kids to run around and play games,

May be we should be telling them where we came from and what we suffered. And at one time our heads only fetched 1 rupe and captured alive we were worth 2 rupes and women more for obvious reasons, I do feel totally ashamed ..

The picture in you post say’s it all to me. d_oh.gif

On a point to pass onto the gurudwara committee, we should have a place for small children.

Question to all when you go to someone’s funeral do u let your kids run around?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s not just her, when I was a young girl… I was not allowed to go and run around the gurdawara, I had to sit rite beside my mom…… and my brothers, they’ve just turned ten, and I don’t see them running around, but I do see kids older than them, playing little games. To tell you the truth the real key is discipline, how you grew up, and how your parents deal with you. Like all my siblings are soooooooooo regimented that we know what the purpose of coming to the gurdawara is. And its so sad to see parents not teaching their kids what the point is to come to the gurdawara, and how to show respect, and whats really sad, is that they’re the same people whose kids act like fools, whether their toddlers or kids, they should know how to behave In a gurdawara,

I mean, we have 5 days to run around and scream, but we only go to the gurdawaras once a week (for most of us), and we cant even listen or show our kids how to sit for at least an hour? Is that alot to ask for? :lol:

And, awesome post furious, totally with you! :TH:

It’s not just her, when I was a young girl… I was not allowed to go and run around the gurdawara, I had to sit rite beside my mom……  and my brothers, they’ve just turned ten, and I don’t see them running around, but I do see kids older than them, playing little games. To tell you the truth the real key is discipline, how you grew up, and how your parents deal with you. Like all my siblings are soooooooooo regimented that we know what the purpose of coming to the gurdawara is. And its so sad to see parents not teaching their kids what the point is to come to the gurdawara, and how to show respect, and whats really sad, is that they’re the same people whose kids act like fools, whether their toddlers or kids, they should know how to behave In a gurdawara,

I mean, we have 5 days to run around and scream, but we only go to the gurdawaras once a week (for most of us), and we cant even listen or show our kids how to sit for at least an hour? Is that alot to ask for? :lol:  

And, awesome post furious, totally with you! :TH:

156231[/snapback]

Vaheguru jee ka khalsa, Vaheguru jee kee fateh.

You know, i agree with you to some extent disguised bhenji. Parents should take the time to sit down with their kids and explain to them the reason why we go to gurdwara, and that its not a time to run around and play.

BUT on the other hand, Considering the ages of the children, sometimes the child wont litsen, as some of the children are stubborn. However, at the same time how do we know which parents have told their children to sit inside, yet the child him/herself wont listen and well is being a kid, and doing what a child does best.. i.e, playing/yelling. But, i definetly think sometimes we shoudl be lineant, and if the least, at least most of the time its not done in darbaar hall, and in the langaaar halll.. right? Just my 2 cents.

Bull chaaak maaph karni ji.

Vaheguru jee ka khalsa, Vaheguru jee kee fateh.

BUT on the other hand, Considering the ages of the children, sometimes the child wont litsen, as some of the children are stubborn. However, at the same time how do we know which parents have told their children to sit inside, yet the child him/herself wont listen and well is being a kid, and doing what a child does best.. i.e, playing/yelling. But, i definetly think sometimes we shoudl be lineant, and if the least, at least most of the time its not done in darbaar hall, and in the langaaar halll.. right? Just my 2 cents.

156236[/snapback]

I think at certain ages it is somewaht exceptable, however when we older ages come into the picture, it is not good for them to be doing this. The older children would be settign an example to the younger ones when they sit quiteyl and listen to services.

What is upsetting is that teens around here ae running around, shootimg hoops and playing hide and seek durinf services.

Dear sisters/brothers..

Letting the kids run around having fun, and the older kids doing the same, I wonder when they grow up will they even bother going to the godwara?

I have some cousins that have married English girls and their kids don’t want to sit and listen to a foreign language, so they don’t go there. when they grow up I really don’t think they will go to the godwara,

May be on Sundays for free lunch. grin.gif

Shame on us for not telling the kids of now, who one day will be our future……….

d_oh.gif