DO we hate Hindus????

Guest mehtab

Guest mehtab

bhaisahib :D

i was just pointing out one reason as to why some uninformed/misled people mistake certain sects as part of Sikhi as an excuse to be anti-Sikh, and that i have removed that confusion from that person's mind. :D

Guru Fateh :D

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vicky veeray so u mean Punjab was a diffrent "STATE" not like amrican state..but geo term state!

its own boundry own gov't, had nuffin to do with Hindostan?before 1947 or before Gooras came to Asia?

it started to make sence now:) thanks

i would suggest that we all find out things. The Truth for our selves..so when time comes,we know which side to be on!

better not choose the false side, cuz eventhough it be out of ignores, as Gods rule, we will have to answer for it in the Dargah of Akal.

what m tryin to say is...lookin back in the histroy. it tells us to fight for JUSTICE and ALWAYS BE ON THE SIDE OF TRUTH...FIGHT FOR TEH TRUTH WHCI KHALSA WAS CRATED FOR..ADN its not jsu right now taht this these things (fights wars, battels or what eva u call em) have come up.

Sri Guru Granth sahib ji tells us bout "Maahaa Bharat"(Getta)

liek i told u rochak veeray ji teh other day

Arjun was stuck...cuz he Love his GREAT GRANDAD, and saw everyone ...was filled with love mooh and fell on the feet of Karishan ji. asked him.."IF GOD IS LOVE, AND HE WANTS US TO LIVE PEACESFULLY, HE IS IN EVERYONE AND ALL THEN WHY SHOULD I FIGHT. i rather go to jungle. If all this is illusion of mayiya, all of this is not mine...the WHY FIGHT FOR A RAJ? WHAT USE IS THAT "RAJ(KINGDOME) WHIC WILL TAKE LIVES OF INNOCENTS, WHICH WILL TAKE LIVES OF THESE "GREAT MAHHA PURUSHAS"??

i can't fight against THE PERSON WHO HAVE TAUGHT ME TO FIGHT?(his guru guru Dhrohna charuya).

ITS A GREAT EPICp.

and most of the Sikhs at this time are stuck in THE SAME DELEMMA AS WAS "ARJUN"

history repeats its self:)!

then Krish ji said a LOT to him as those who have read or seen maha

bharat.

im not a best explainer but i was surprised the questions that Arjun was askin Karish ji were teh SAME QUESTIONS IN MY MIND BOUT KHALSITAN!

all my doubts were cleard by Akal ji's kirpa

my mum ji is yellin at me so i have to go

if u wana knwo whole thingi will tell u when i came back from wokr

if u didnt understand it iw ill write htis howl again to make it bit clear

bhul chuk muuaaf karni

its all waheguru jis kirpa:)

Akal sahai

gurkiya sakhiya is rite,thnx for the name of the speaker jathedar sahib who said that...i think that sho9uld clear all doubts, as we all unanmioiusly agree that akaal takht sahib is unconditional in its standing and hukamn. khalistan is every sikhs desire...according to akaal takht, so dats the bottom line!

and what more, indian sikhs dont' have desires, tha's balogny, u knwo why, cause they are scared, scared scared......

which aint rite.....

more oever, u will always hear the occasional nara of khalistan in a seminar....and daily at harminder sahib, and mehta chowk...

un-doubtly the movement is picking up again....

goin in chardi khalaaaa

bollleeeee soneeeeh haaaaal

sat siri akaaal

one day the whole world will become khalistan, but remember roam wuz'tn built in a day......first take ur rite...then guru ji willl impose his

So... We do have hatered in Indian community back in India..

What is the solution?

Give Punjab residents their Punjab back.. :D )

Let see :

Point 1 Take a brief look at our history of 200 yrs old... and You will see and you probably will accept that Punjab was never a part of india until 1947.

Point 2 Look at the size of Punjab before 1947? Pretty Big ehh.. From Afghanistan to Nepal (includes Kashmir). And look the size rite now? Is that Agreeable thing to do? (pls exclude pakistan, cauz it became another country). Can California eat a huge chunk of Oregon.. No right.. cauz There is self-respect and self-law and self-pride of oregon state govt. So dividing Punjab proves disrespect of the state Government and very much move like a dictatorship.. So.. by this residents of punjab (80% sikhs) would definately hate the ppls who did this.. and THOSE ppls who did this was the hindu leaders @ delhi..

So stuff like this goes on and on... Infinite.. there is no end.. U see school text books with anti-sikh materials and u see Punjab Huge river issue and so on... SO naturally that will spring the hatered withing the community of india.. Rite? so somehow i think that type of hate is ALL ok.. cauz it's for the justice.. BUT instead of fighting..

they should put their efforts on other stuff.. ANyway.. im blabbing... Hope i didn't offend anyone..

Rochak.. DOn't listen to anyone.. (ur skool mates..) At end it's all alone you..

Pra...

just a correction:

80% of Sikhs live in Punjab, not 80% of Punjab is Sikh.

61% of Punjab is Sikhs

source: http://www.adherents.com/largecom/com_sikh.html

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

not all hindoos r 2 blame though, most r scared of us singhz/singhneez, they will do wat we say, like 1 round my end. they r like sheeps man. :nihungsmile:

Yeah, wearing a turban, and putting the name "Singh" at the end of your name makes you a lion, right?

rolleyes.gif

bhaisahib :D

i was just pointing out one reason as to why some uninformed/misled people mistake certain sects as part of Sikhi as an excuse to be anti-Sikh, and that i have removed that confusion from that person's mind. :D

Guru Fateh :D

Rochak:

I'm Punjabi Hindu Khatri, fathers side is actually a direct descendant of Guru Angad Dev. I know that some Hindus are quite narrow minded, as are many Sikh people, particularly in the U.S. and Canada in terms of religious tolerance. It seems that everytime i enter a Gurudwara in the U.S., I'm slapped with a banner in front of me that says something to the tune of: Khalistan SIkh homeland.

To me, the so-called freedom struggle resulted in the mass killings of many Punjabi (hindus). Buses would be bombed, people would be shot, etc. Yes, the GOI attacked the Golden Temple. Yes, many people were killed in fake encounters, but these were ac

tions by the state and actions by Sikhs themselves, then why were Khalistanis going around killing Hindu Punjabis that have every right to live in Punjab? Sikhs did not make Punjab what it is today, sikhs cannot monopolize Punjab (nor can Hindus for that matter).

I understand most Sikhs never wanted to kick out Hindu Punjabis from Punjab. But they should know that this is how we feel whenver we see this Khalistani banners hung from GUrudwaras. Had the fight for freedom not be confined to downright terrorist activities and militancy, maybe we wouldn't have the same feeling. But it was, and the victims of it were mostly Hindus.

Unlike your khatri friend, I could care less if you 'converted' to Sikhism. I honestly do not see much difference between the two, because the way my family practices Hinduism is not much different from the way a Sikh would practice their faith. We go to Gurudwara and Arya Samaj and Hindu temples. We believe in respect for all religions.

We don't 'worship' cows, eat with rats, or do the other humiliating things that are shown on television.

And, i do not know what your reasons for conversion are, but I hope it wasn't because you felt ashamed to be Hindu for some reason, because as you probably know, Hinduism is more than a religion, it is a way of life. How you lead that life is entirely up to you.

other posters:

With regards to some of the comments where people seem to think that Sikhs are 'stronger' and so forth, i find that utter nonsense. Certainly, there is something about Punjabis in general that makes us more aggressive/more confrontational than say south Indians or gujuratis. That is our spirit and culture, it is not confined to religion. Perhaps that is why when Punjab was partitioned, over 1 million lost their lives, because we are fighters (at least the Hindu and Sikhs who both fought Islamic oppression during mughal era). To me, if anyone, the cowardly Punjabis are those sitting across the border. It w

as there families that would rather convert than having their heads chopped off, not the Sikhs or Hindus of Punjab. But then again, who knows, maybe its easy for me to sit here and say that they are cowards for converting, in real life if we were posed with that situation, who knows what we may have done..

It would be a blanket statement to compare a generally passive Gujurati or South Indian Hindu with a Punjabi Hindu. In any case, i should mention that the two are intertwined within many families, including my own. There are very many sikh-hindu families out there, and i'm sure many on this very board have punjabi Hindu relatives, in fact I have heard that same caste marriage used to occur between Hindus and SIkhs even though the SGGS is against casteism.

anyways good luck with your faith and hope ppl don't give you beef over it. its nothing big, at all. Not like u converted to ISLAM.

-Rab Rakha

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

why were Khalistanis going around killing Hindu Punjabis that have every right to live in Punjab?

simple answer: they didnt!

I know that you are emotional on this subject, but it is well documented that the indian government was going through villages killing sikhs hoping they would find one or two khalistanis to interrogate.. then they would parade one or two of the surviving hindus on the media and say the khalistanis came through and killed hindus..

this is disgusting propoganda that makes gursikhs look bad. if you choose to beleive these lies that is your perogative, but the truth is, sikhs were the victims, any sikhs who did kill any innocent persons of any religion are not sikhs, and i know of some that did such things and i say shame on them.. BUT there was no mass killings of hindus by sikhs, it was the other way around. please look beyond the propoganda

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Guest mehtab

bhai sher-e-punjab ji

my reasons for Sikhism :

NOT because i was interested in a Sikh girl

NOT because i was rebellious in nature and wanted to go against my family

NOT because i didn't understand Hinduism

NOT because i was "sick and tired" or "ashamed" of being a Hindu

its simple : i was BLESSED :D

i fully understand your views. my own family follows a kind of Hinduism that has basic features similar to that of Sikhism (i.e ONE GOD, no idol-worship, no casteism, emphasis on naam simran, emphasis on need of a satguru), and i feel thats the reason i was able to recognize the beauty of Sikhi.

Yes all of those who killed Hindus were not militants, and it has come out that it was all a conspiracy to defame Sikhs, but lets not deny that a few of them were indeed. The Sikhs in India have to face what the ones in the west say. My own far off relatives were few of those killed. But i know for a fact that it can never be the wish of any common Sikh to see Hindus (or anyone for that matter) killed.

After 9/11, palestinians were shown to distribute sweets and celebrate, as a result of which every person (Indian/Hindu/Arab/Sikh/Muslim etc) having brown skin became the target of a potential assault. No doubt, it was revenge taken when indra gandhi was assasinated. But what was the need to show the world the celebrations in USA,UK,Canada and making Sikhs look like revenge-seeking people? My khatri friend used the "sweet-distributing" example to justify the genocide. In my opinion, just

because a few are stupid enough to show their stupidity, an entire community should not be attacked for it. Thats exactly what happened. Now i am not saying that if it was otherwise, no Sikh would've been killed, or few would've been killed. It had already been planned by the congress. But what it did was that it brought into the mind of every non-Sikh Indian that Sikhs were revengeful people (which is wrong).

i m sorry for being blunt but lets admit where we (Sikhs) have gone wrong. Sikhi is perfect but all Sikhs are not. Its all dirty politics and fanatical propaganda. This issue can be stretched as far and as long as u want it to. At the end of the day we have to admit that no 2 religions have shared the closeness that Sikhs and Hindus have shared (yes they are two different religions), and continue to do so, although not that much today, thanks to fanatics and politics.

Sikhi is definitely not revenge seeking, BUT sikhi does seek justice and if a sikh must pretect justice at the cost of his own life, then so be it.

I have a question, the definition of hinduism is polytheistic, so how can you beleive in one god and be hindu? this confuses me... please enlighten me :D

Guest mehtab

MKhalsa ji

basic Hinduism (this may sound funny to many) as i know it is in essence monotheistic

the definition is what defines the beliefs introduced later

plus i was talking about what my family follows and thats monotheistic

Guru Rakha