Dreadlocks

mushabooom

Sat Sri Akal:

"Nothing makes sense."

Hmmm...maybe a nice, relaxing combing of your hair will soothe your mind...

Seriously, don't overthink it. The primary and most important reason is that Guru Sahib gave the Sikhs a comb. Sikhs are to comb the hair. Rastafarians have their own beliefs that are to be respected, but so the Sikhs.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Kee Fateh

Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave us the kanga and it is there to keep our hair clean and pure. I was told that we are suppose to comb our hair two times a day and that should keep the tangles out of the hair so there should be no worry of yanking the hair out. And even if there is tangles in the hair, it should be combed in such a way that it does not get pulled and so the hair that was not suppose to come out comes out. When combing the hair with the kanga only the dead hair comes out.

"Then the question is why? Why did he tell us to comb our hair rather than not. Animals don't comb themselves. Do they? Cats do I guess, and monkeys too. But why???? Why am I asking these crazy question. Nothing makes sense."

This is a good question, but every animal that has hair combs their hair in one way or another. There are so many animals with hair that we can not name them, only guru ji knows. Combing the hair is just a way of staying clean and a sikh is not suppose to be messy a sikh is suppose to be clean and set an example for others like NIHANG_AK47 said earlier a sikh is suppose to stand out in the croud and let people look up to him/her.

If i have said anything wrong please correct me. I myself am also learning still.

bhul chuk maaf :wub::

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Kee Fateh

I didn't read most of the comments above but if this is already said please forgive me. I heard somewhere in a veechar...can't remember where it was ...but the guy was saying that DO you think by keeping yourself dirty god would like you better....god wants u to be clean mentally and physically....and btw its a myth that rastas all have dirty dreadlocks...rasta is a state of mind ...and a way of life where they believe in Haille selassie 1.....i know loads of rastas personally who have clean locks.....on the other hand i know other rastas who put ochro slime on their hair to give that dirty brown loook..they consider themselves lion of judah and they believe in this quote of the bible which states :

Leviticus 21:5, "They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in the flesh".

JAH (GOD) as it was said earlier...

so does the jah in gan-jah (sukha, weed) mean god????

i think there is probably a conection in there LOL.gifLOL.gif

I didn't read most of the comments above but if this is already said please forgive me. I heard somewhere in a veechar...can't remember where it was ...but the guy was saying that DO you think by keeping yourself dirty god would like you better....god wants u to be clean mentally and physically....and btw its a myth that rastas all have dirty dreadlocks...rasta is a state of mind ...and a way of life where they believe in Haille selassie 1.....i know loads of rastas personally who have clean locks.....on the other hand i know other rastas who put ochro slime on their hair to give that dirty brown loook..they consider themselves lion of judah and they believe in this quote of the bible which states :

Leviticus 21:5, "They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in the flesh".

157556[/snapback]

yup .. gurpreet veerji knows this first hand .. believe his words ! :wub:

firstly do we actually stay natural because it is gods will for us to stay natural? or do we do it to show that we give over to his will by staying with hair uncut? if the former was the case then we shouldnt comb our hair and we should let dreads form naturally. i think it is more to do with the fact that we do it to show we have given over to gods will rather then it is gods will that we stay natural.

either way wat ever happens is gods will else it wud not be. dunno though, debate it if u like. ;p

khalsa fateh

• 2 weeks later...
i went to jamiaca a couple of years ago and they all said i look like a rasta i also met a real rasta that lived in th jungle and he wore a turban just like singh do a round one

159403[/snapback]

there are loads of rasta's where i live!

lol i even get a few saying hello 2 me or as they say.. "WAGWAAN BREDRIN" :wub: :@

do rasta's keep all there hair or jus on their head?

159427[/snapback]

yup they keep all there hair. they are pretty cool actually but they dont wash their hair all the time. only once in a while becoz of there dreads i think... i cant remember.

but they say that hair is sacred or somethin grin.gif s'all good! lol but they smoke alotta weed...hmm i shud introduce them 2 some nihungs! :TH: lol jus kiddin LOL.gif