Animal Farm :)

mushabooom

So. I saw this question about testing on animals in the Gupt section and it got me thinking. Why do we even drink milk? If you know first hand about the dairy industry, then you know how badly they treat animals and then ship them off to slaughter. So it's like we're just using them up until they are turned to meat. So then....is it right to drink milk? Unless we milk em ourselves? ANNDDDDDD... also, my mom is amritdhari, she has a fur coat. Is that wrong? In my eyes its wrong, but she tells me how it's already dead so its fine(which it probably wasn't). I think she is just trying to justify her actions, but even so, would it be right? Wouldn't that just be supporting the meat industry and killing animals in the end?

eating meat is not the same as using animal products

158624[/snapback]

Both is hurting the animal.

Isn't that why we don't eat meat.

158632[/snapback]

meat eating is a totally separate topic.. and has been discussed number of times on this board whether sikhs shud eat meat or not..

if u want to discuss the same thing over again please refer to some of the old discussions and you will get your answers and then decide for yourself..

bhul chuk maaf..

gur Fateh..

158632[/snapback]

Technically, if we dont want to hurt anything, we should be eating air... it's scientifically proven that plants have intelligence to.

i think getting into useless debates on meat is pointless, let ppl decide that!

BTW, leather is bad....

eating meat is not the same as using animal products

158624[/snapback]

158632[/snapback]

meat eating is a totally separate topic.. and has been discussed number of times on this board whether sikhs shud eat meat or not..

if u want to discuss the same thing over again please refer to some of the old discussions and you will get your answers and then decide for yourself..

bhul chuk maaf..

gur Fateh..

158633[/snapback]

Except I'm talking about something totally different. I'm not saying eating meat should be right. But I'm also saying using other animal products isnt right either. Especially when this type of animal abuse is easily avoided.

Eating meat is like taxing ur body. Same goes with any heavy meal(veg or non-veg). Guru ji told us to have light meal beacuse that way ur body doesn't have to do much and u can easily meditate on almighty.

try simple meal like dal roti for few days and u can easily see the difference. Your body will thank you and u will be happy too.