naam drirh and bibeki

Guest mehtab

waheguru jee ka khalsa! waheguru jee kee fateh!!

i have taken amrit twice in my life...the first time i took amrit was with a jatha that gave naam drirah...i was really young when i took amrit...so i took amrit again and that time is was with a taksali based Gurudwara...and i was not given naam drirah...but was given naam...the gurmanter by the punjh piyaaray...

i have never understood how anyone can be taught a method of simran...and i may be wrong...and most likely am..but i sitll stick by what i feel...simran isn't about a method...sure...u CAN NOT teach someone how to do simran...simran is not a physical thing...simran is an internal feeling...u can not teach someone how to love ur Guru...how to be devoted...how to have faith...all these things have an effect on simran...simran is a state of mind...not a physical method of saying Waheguru.

simran is your personal conversation with God. that is ur personal time with Guru Sahib Jee...yes it should be saas graas...but saas graas means with every breath remember God...however u want to do that..is ur personal feeling...

to say that Guru Sahib Jee will tell me...when i leave this earth..that i've been doing simran wrong my whole life...haha come on...i've been taught a method...and i know so many Gursikhs who haven't been taught methods...who are so much closer to Guru Sahib Jee than i coul dever be...why?? because of the love and devotion they have while doing simran...

i didn't want to get into this whole conversation...but i just wanted to say what i felt..and what many other Gursikhs feel as well...simran...can not be taught...simran isn't just about saying Wahegu

ru...it's a lot more than that...and those thigns cannot taught...

bhul chuck maaf karnaa jee

sandeep kaur

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sandeep Kaur,

You say Simran cannot be taught, but what do you base that opinion off of?

You also say that people that haven't got naam dhriR are often more spiritual than people who have gotten naam dhriR.

That argument can be used to say that since certain people who haven't taken Amrit are more spiritual than certain people who have taken Amrit - Amrit must be useless.

Naam dhriR is given by the punj pyaray, i.e. by Guru Sahib,

Can Guru Sahib not teach Naam Simran?

Is that above Guru Sahib's power and ability?

simran isn't about a method...sure...u CAN NOT teach someone how to do simran...simran is not a physical thing...simran is an internal feeling...u can not teach someone how to love ur Guru

Then why do we even have a Gurmantar? What if I feel good and feel love by chanting RAM RAM or maybe PATHAR PATHAR or something else? Simran's about love right? Then why even have a word? Just feel the love right?

No.

Guru Sahib has given a method for remembering Vahiguru. This method was given by Guru Nanak. The method included both the Gurmantar and the method for using Gurmantar or the "vidhee". You'll find mention in baaNee about gursikhs doing naam "vidh sehit" or with a method. This method has been passed down from Guru Nanak Dev jee's time. You can find a description of the method in Bhai Mani Singh jee's Bhagat Ratnaavalee which describes how Guru Nanak taught the method to new Sikhs, Prem Sumaarag Granth which is an old rehitnama, Sau Sakhee and other places as well.

Although talk of "just love matters" seems very convincing and very happy-happy-joy-joy, it's not Gurmat. Guru Sahib has given Sikhs a certain method of living lives and of meeting Vahiguru. It's our job to follow this method.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

giani mohan singh je khalsa bhindranwale????? The only bhindranwale sants were

sant sundar singh je khalsa bhindranwale

sant gurbachan singh je khalsa bhindranwale

sant kartar singh je khalsa bhindranwale

sant jarnail singh je khalsa bhindranwale

If this is a taksal other than metha, like the taksal still in bhindra which claims to be original, metha is original and i dont know any giani mohan singh bhindranwale.

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

forgive this slave of slaves, maha moorkh for his foolish mistakes

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

giani mohan singh je khalsa bhindranwale????? The only bhindranwale sants were

sant sundar singh je khalsa bhindranwale

sant gurbachan singh je khalsa bhindranwale

sant kartar singh je khalsa bhindranwale

sant jarnail singh je khalsa bhindranwale

If this is a taksal other than metha, like the taksal still in bhindra which claims to be original, metha is original and i dont know any giani mohan singh bhindranwale.

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

forgive this slave of slaves, maha moorkh for his foolish mistakes

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

veerjeee.. i ahve no clue on such things.. I just see everyone as Sikh..

You also say that people that haven't got naam dhriR are often more spiritual than people who have gotten naam dhriR.

waheguru jee ka khalsa! waheguru jee kee fateh!!

veer jee..u've taken my words way out of context...that is not at all what i said...and i also never said that or indirectly said that "waheguru" is not the gurumanter...we all know that it is...and that it has to be recited...

but who is to say that saying "waheguru" this way of that way is right or wrong? someone can say waheguru twice in one breath...or once in one breath...or do the method u guys are speaking of...and yes i agree sikhi is not only about love...there's a rehit one has to follow..."rehit piyaaray mujh koh sikh piyaarah nahay"...i don't at all disagree with that...

yes...naam drirh is in Guru hands...everything is...but...what about those amrit dharee Gursikhs who were not given naam drirh...yes they were given naam...they were given the gurmanter...but...were not taught any methods...if they were to do simran...would it be worthless?? would it be considered any lesser than simran done through that method??

where did my opinion come from?? from people...seeing different Gursikhs..Gursikhs that were given naam drirh and Gursikhs who were not...both are Gursikhs...both do simran...both have reached spirit

ual highs...i dun believe that it was ever from the method used...it was with the state of mind that simran was done with...that state of mind cannot be taught...that was my point...

:nihungsmile: Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I know someonewho goes into very very deep meditation by just meditating on waheguru gurmantar. The state is undescribable.

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Forgive this slave of slaves, maha moorkh for his folish mistakes

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Just to clerify my sant bhindranwale post, soggsj was saying that a person named "sant" mohan singh bhindranwale was a strict sorbloh bibeki. Al I know is that the original taksal started by guru gobind singh je is currntly located in metha chowk. The curnet bhindra taksal is not the original. The reason for this is that sant gurbachan singh jes brother or something wanted the jathedari of taksal, and sant je being a brahm giani knew that. So sant je told sant kartar singh je to go to metha chowk and relocate damdami taksal headquaters there. After sant gurbachan singh je left his mortal body, sant kartar singh was the true jathedar of damdami taksal, but some reletives said that jathedarie was rightfully theres and thats why they still run the bhindran taksal. The official taksal headquarters are in metha chowk, and not the bhindra taksal.

BHUL CHUKK MAFF

Forfive this slave of slaves, maha moorkh for his folish, folish mistakes

:nihungsmile: :e:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!