Disrespect To Sikhs In 'scary Movie 4'

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa,

Waheguru ji ki Fateh!

my God, why such things.......why laugh on those who are Sikhs.....why do the so called "SIKHS" take the role of an <banned word filter activated> just for money......

why everytime Sikhs/Sardars?

no.1 India/Bollywood: Sardar=Bebakoof.....

and now no.2 all over the world.................................

But what can we do?

We should tell this to other Sikhs and we should not watch this movie called "scary movie"...........

Gur Fateh

159049[/snapback]

Umm... have you never laughed at another race in your life? I know I laugh at black people all the time. And Mexicans. They are hilarious.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

In white movies, those being at the fist end of a humerous punch are white, black, asian, brown... just because for the first time they put a turban-valla guy at that end doesn't suddenly make it a huge insult to Sikhism.

I mean, this is so stupid. Just a while back, there was a post about someone making that video game, unreal tournament--like engine with the nihang singh running around blowing stuff up and shooting AK-47s. I think stuff like that is a bigger threat to our image than this.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

People complain that Bollywood is out to make sikhs look silly. The reason we have a problem with that is because of 1984.

Today some people complain that this movie will make us sikhs look silly. The reason we have a problem with that is because of sept 11.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

In white movies, those being at the fist end of a humerous punch are white, black, asian, brown... just because for the first time they put a turban-valla guy at that end doesn't suddenly make it a huge insult to Sikhism.

I mean, this is so stupid. Just a while back, there was a post about someone making that video game, unreal tournament--like engine with the nihang singh running around blowing stuff up and shooting AK-47s. I think stuff like that is a bigger threat to our image than this.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

159110[/snapback]

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

VeerJi,

no disrespect to you, but we should really look at the consequences of this type of media portrayal.....sure we might say lets chill out....its just comedy.....loosen up a bit mentality.....its ok they make fun of black people.....they make fun of mexicans.....no big deal......

look what has happened to those groups......they have so many stereotypes attached with them because of this type of negative media.........

bollywood films.....majority of the time......do this to Sikhs in their films.....

since when are Sikhs ever given positive media attention......it is a very rare thing.....things like this only had fuel to the fire.........

maybe you don't have people attacking Sikhs verbally/physically as much in Canada.....because of the larger Sikh populations........but I can tell you personally this type of media attention does have negatice consequences and will only perpetuate more misperceptions about people with turbans and beards......

you disagree that is fine......but believe me some innocent Sikh man some where.....is going to be attacked either physically or verbally because of this type of negative media....just food for thought.

please forgive the mistakes of this moorakh.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

The point is no one is going to go out and deck a sikh because they watched it in a single scene (and might I note, the way the thing was portrayed in the trailer, this is going to be a big scene where suddenly people start decking each other... you only saw just that one).

I would agree with you if this were a movie where the sikh was drinking, smoking, clubbing, or something like that. BUT that is not happening here. In fact, the Sikh guy is doing nothing wrong. Yeah, he gets punched **comedically** and that is the level that anyone watching this will take it as.

As to the game comment that I mentioned, I suppose kirpans would be better than bombs. But it still doesn't help our cause that we are trying to be modern peaceful people, does it? Any white guy seeing that would see "a brown guy with a beard and a turban running around killing people = muslim fundamentalists".

Is that the idea we want to portray?

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Sikhs are Warrior-Saints, not just Saints. I think the reason that Bollywood is able to get away with discriminating against Sikhs is because they know Sikhs will do nothing. If we are Sikhs we have to be both Warriors and Saints. If they feared us they wouldn't be making fun of us. The odd thing is that even with a Sikh PM, India still thinks of Sikhs as jokers.

The reason for the need of Sarbloh Warriors video game is because today's youth actually learn from video games as a medium for learning. In the past it has been primarily TV, but video games have become quite popular. Also in today's age, the Sikhi Saroop is not liked by the youth and many have cut their hair for that reason. So by having this video game which makes Sikhi Saroop and Shastaars cool, this will have a positive impact on the Sikh youth, it doesn't matter what the 1 gora that plays the game thinks, its the realization by the youth who play the game that the Sikhi Saroop is cool and essential.

Bul Chuk Maaf Karnee Jee