Improve Efficiency In Your Sikh Web Surfing

vaaheguroojeekaakhaaalsaaa

vaaaheguroojeekeefathehhhhh !!!!!!!!

khalsa jee

you can improve your experience with firefox and google to make your web surfing on the internet for sikhi topics more useful.

if you visit http://www.google.ca/ig?hl=en and make it your homepage, you can customize it in many ways.

there is an "Add Content" button that allows you to customize the homepage. If you have Google Gmail Notifier, it can keep you logged into your Google account while you surf the net.

Then, whenever you press the hompage, you can view - all on one page - your new e-mails, new posts on Sikh blogs, news about Sikhs, and new posts on forums.

you can take the URL of any RSS feed from any forum or any website that publishes an RSS, and show the latest posts.

for example you can display DiscoverSikhi's latest forum posts by adding the following link : http://forums.waheguroo.com/rss.php

I don't think SikhSangat has an RSS feed but they should - it would be very good for this purpose ! Admins you can add an RSS feed in the Admin CPanel.

You can also use the following link to show any new posts from any blog index by blogger.com (it will also show MSN and Wordpress blogs) that are written by an author with the word Singh, Kaur or Khalsa in their name:

http://search.blogger.com/blogsearch_feeds...=100&output=rss

You can also use Feedster, Google News, and many other services.

This way, right when you open your Firefox, you can view your gmail, new posts on blogs, news about Sikhi, new posts on forums, and all of your favourite links - all on your homepage. and it will update every time you refresh, so you can always see the newest content.

It makes things much easier, and you get information much faster. :nihungsmile:

If you need any help please PM me. all the best :wub:

please forgive me for any mistakes

vaaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaaa

vaaaheguroojeekeefathehhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!

Just to add to the previous post,

the blogger Singh|Kaur|Khalsa search might not be the best one

You can improve it to remove posts by people with Singh who are not Sikhs if you are looking for specifically Sikhi-oriented posts

for example you can try -binit -nalini -varun inpostauthor:singh|kaur|khalsa

the link for that search's RSS feed is: http://search.blogger.com/blogsearch_feeds...=100&output=rss

please let me know if you used this and how it's going - if you have any tips / tricks to improve it, thanks :wub:

RSS means Really Simple Syndication

It allows people to summarize the information published on their website in a file that has various categories, and that file can be published on anybody else's website to show that website's content.

For example if you have a news website, and it has an RSS feed, I could use the RSS file to show the news from your website on my website.

It allows websites to share information easily and efficiently.

If you are showing those on your Google homepage, I think the only way you can really customize it is to increase the number of entries that show from 1 to 9 but otherwise there is not much you can do

You can move them to different locations on the screen that is for sure

Otherwise what you can do is also try other services like MyYahoo and other RSS-based services to show feeds in a nice easy reading format.