Amrit Vela!

Guest Glasgow Singh

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you tell me when is amrit ela for a person who has night shift and is at work... when will amrit vela bee... will he do...

what if someone works afternoon shift... and what will he do... will he do rehraas at 12 ockock at night and then wake up at 3am to do nitnem?????

sant babai have nothing to worry about.. they wake up at 1 and do there nitnem and then they go back on there manja and chill...

i wanna give an example

baba dhandrianwala in one of his divans was asking.... who does keshi ishnaan everyday and does nitnem wakes up at 3 am put ur hands up together... only a few did... then he proceeded and said i guess then most people doo "kutha" ishnaan then... LISTEN TO THIS LANGUAGE.... what kind of so called "sant" in guru granth sahib jis hajoori calls sangat kuthai by saying they do kutha ishnaan........ and the sangat start laughing with dhandrianwala... they are giggling while he is saying they do kutha ishnaan... what kind of language is this????

this guy chills for the whole day.. people have to go to work and make a living while this guy has enough time to wake up and do keshi ishnaan everyday....

FATEH

everytime i do an ardas before going to sleep, i dont think thers ever been a time i havent woken up at amrit vela, thats without using my alarm, the only time it i didnt get up was when iv woken up n then wanted to stay in bed................so Guru gives us the chance, and ability, but we give into the mind

can you tell me when is amrit ela for a person who has night shift and is at work... when will amrit vela bee... will he do...

what if someone works afternoon shift... and what will he do... will he do rehraas at 12 ockock at night and then wake up at 3am to do nitnem?????

sant babai have nothing to worry about.. they wake up at 1 and do there nitnem and then they go back on there manja and chill...

i wanna give an example

baba dhandrianwala in one of his divans was asking.... who does keshi ishnaan everyday and does nitnem wakes up at 3 am put ur hands up together... only a few did... then he proceeded and said i guess then most people doo "kutha" ishnaan then... LISTEN TO THIS LANGUAGE.... what kind of so called "sant" in guru granth sahib jis hajoori calls sangat kuthai by saying they do kutha ishnaan........ and the sangat start laughing with dhandrianwala... they are giggling while he is saying they do kutha ishnaan... what kind of language is this????

this guy chills for the whole day.. people have to go to work and make a living while this guy has enough time to wake up and do keshi ishnaan everyday....

FATEH

veer ji,

if someone doesnt hav faith that they cannot do amrit vela and all the banis etc, then it wont be possible to.

We are the ones who choose to work the hours we do in the jobs that we want. Yes we are told to do kirat but we shudnt sacrifice sikhi...........even so , many sikhs work 10+ hour shifts, some night, some day. If your at work on night shift ask for some time to do your paath, if thats not possible then do it while your working. do your amrit vela after your night shift finishes.... but we shudnt generalise saying sant babai have it easy, being a sant is more than just giving up work, sitting in deras chillin lol ect , you have to have the blessings and grace of Guru ji, and to have earned it, obviously that is for the true sants, im not talkin about pakandi ones who are in for the money, for them its a profession, so when judging them do not fall into the trap of thinkin their behavious is the same as of a real sant......... bhul chuk marf karna

I thought I would share some advice I was given by someone... or heard in some katha... it may sound obvious but.....

we know ardaas is a must... at end of day if Vaheguru wants us to get up at amritvela He will sort it if he don't we won't, but we must always interpret us getting up at amritvela as 'kirpa' and interpret us not getting up at amritvela as 'our choice' .... neway

the advice was that u do ardaas, and u turn on ur alarm to get up for amritvela... and wen u wake up in the morning, DONT THINK!!...just get up.... i know some people must be saying 'we do that duhh' but do we really?.... most of times when we dnt get up for amritvela it is because the alarm goes off, we snooze it and then we stay lying in the bed thinking about getting up and then mulling over the option to sleep for another 2 hours!!!.... so lesson is Don't think.... as soon as u r woken by ur clock stand up and go do ur brush!!!

hopefully in time amritvela will become as necessary as having an ishnaan everyday..(i remember the days wen i was younger thinking 'allow having bath every morning' ... but now u gota do (cos u wana)...so in time u wnt beable to do without amritvela.... but to get to that stage (unless uve been blessed bigtime) we gota put in the hard graft in the begining until we ge to the stage where we really want to get up for amritvela and not just do it to stay within our rehit......

bhul chuk maaf

ps this is just advice im passing on.... im still at the do ardaas and stay lying in bed thinking stage!!

Vahegurooo!!

Fateh

THANK YOU "god's will"!!!!!!......cuz das exactly wat i do.....i wake up and think.....should i go abck to sleep?....das exactly wat i did today,and yesterday......guru sahib did his part....i got up at 4 todday...all awake.....but then i jus kept think in and i though da best wuold be for me to go back to sleep.....btu then now i noticed.....i dun like........omg...thank you......i jus couldnt figure out wat was wrong wid me!there could be more but das one big reason!....thanks! :T: :lol:

Fateh

• 2 weeks later...

Every night when you are getting ready for bed, and reading bani's, think to yourself "Guruji will be waiting for me at Amrit Vela" "how badly do i want his darshan?"

Do a strong Ardas, ask guruji to puppet you to wake up and do amrit vela and he will help you get up, also try listening to katha, vichaar before bed time.

In teh worse case and you just dont get up, makesure you do a Jap Ji Sahib or extra bani's in the daytime. It helped me get stronger in my amrit vela.

i wanna give an example

International Akaali

How do you know about Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Ji's amritvela routine? It's easy for you to sit behind ure computer screen and say all he does is chillout 24/7. In actual fact I KNOW he usually arrives back after the evening divaan at 11pm he then spends about one hour with the sangat. At around 12:30 he does full ishnaan gets into clean clothes and does amrtivela until 6am. He then sleeps until 10am. That's just 4 hours sleep everday! Could u do that? He then "sits around chilling" in actual fact spending time with the sagat for a maximum of two hours. Before it's time to leave for the afternoon divaan. Doesn't seem like the easy life to me. In between this he needs to do research and think about what he's gonna say in the next divaan.

i wanna give an example
LOL.gif

Next time give a different example

Veerji,

Sorry went a bit off topic there.

Like everyone bin saying do ardaas to guruji and i'm sure he'll help you out :TH:

Also what I used to do when couldn't get up is set an alarm and put it on the otherside of the room so you have to get up to turn it off. Then cause your out of bed u feel more like getting up.