Preparing Food

LostSoul

This is a nitty-gritty question. I don't see any problem with non-amrit. preparing amritd. food or langar food. As long as they wash their hands (this relates to anyone, amritd. or non amritd.) and are clean, havent drunk alcohol or eaten meat during the day then I dont see it being a problem.

In our local gudwara in birmingham, there are hardly any amritd. sevedars there, and when you go out to eat, or if you buy food from the shop, the chances are the person (or machine) preparing the food isnt an amritd. let alone a Sikh.

I think basic common sense should prevail here, as long as the person preparing the food is 'clean', it shouldn't be an issue.

Of course, I bet you someone will rebute my comments and say only amritdharis should preapre food for other amritdharis!!!

yeh is a nitty gritty subject, there was a wedding once at a gurdwara, and the the bibis side decided to bring their own bhandeh/untensil to cook in! Either the gurdwara didnt have pure sarbloh bhandey or both sides of the family were sarbloh bibek. I mean where do u draw the line? How far do u go with preparing langar for the sangat? This gurdwara do prepare langar using steel untensil, but are not sarbloh.