Nagar Kirtan And Mela

nanaksar.org

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i reckon all these people could have easily got done for disturbing the peace or under some other public order, then they could have gone back home and done bhangra under the pippal tree

True. How apt it would be if as they were getting arrested the Kulwinder Dhillon tune "Kacherian Che Mela Lag De" (kacheria = court) was playing in the background.

I wonder if they do this type of thing at home in the garden. I bet the manmohan waaris bufoon has had some practice in the garden. Maybe many of them are surpressed at home and have very low self esteem so this event is a way for them to vent their creative energy and stick two fingers up at their parents.

I wonder if they do this type of thing at home in the garden. I bet the manmohan waaris bufoon has had some practice in the garden. Maybe many of them are surpressed at home and have very low self esteem so this event is a way for them to vent their creative energy and stick two fingers up at their parents.

lol bet they dooo...silly men.. the monmohan warris wanab shudda known better he was like 24!!! its the same evry year!! these guys need 2 fix up!! :lol:

:lol:

The Manmohan Waris 'wannabe' turned up in the mela towards the end walking around with his foolish looking clothes with a Khanda on the back. You could tell him and the people with him were the "dodgy" in the park, but that video was ridiculous.

The Nagar Kirtan itself and the Sikhi tent, stalls, stage program etc at the park was very good (Jago Wale Singhan Da Jatha on stage was really good) and well organised.

These fools dancing outside the Johal Supermarket and that pub, which is about a minutes walk from the Guroo Nanak Gurdwara Sahib, Sedley Street, should not be allowed to happen.

I agree with Kurtas Veer that the Council of Gurdwaras should have a meeting with the police before these events take place for them to take strict action against such anti-panthic activity on the birth celebrations of the Khalsa Panth. Not too sure about the other councils, but the Council of Sikh Gurdwaras Wolverhampton will be informed and advised to talk to police on trouble makers like these in future Khalsa Panth Birth celebrations. Drinking alcohol in open public places, dancing then fighting and giving Sikhs a bad image is not a good thing and should be stopped. I don't think it is in place, but maybe the byelaw banning alcohol consumption should be introduced there or the local authorities to designate such certain areas known for anti-social drinking and nuisance attached to them. That will teach these fools a lesson when they get arrested.

d_oh.gifVaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif

dudley road aftermath :lol:

OMG some people have no brains let alone respect. I went last year and there was a guy smoking, drinking and dancing, there were stupid people wearing jackets with the word 'jatt,' printed on the backs, personally i think the Sikh youth of today need to be educated on the great religion they are born into instead of just dancing around like banders. rolleyes.gif

ok i just watched the whole video now and personally it looks like a blend of imported freshies and school drop outs and the camera man seems sharabi.

OMG some people have no brains let alone respect. I went last year and there was a guy smoking, drinking and dancing, there were stupid people wearing jackets with the word 'jatt,' printed on the backs, personally i think the Sikh youth of today need to be educated on the great religion they are born into instead of just dancing around like banders. rolleyes.gif

i hope the gursikhs take action in next years event if stuff like this happens. This is just not right, ppl should go and do that stuff far away from any kirtan or sikhi events.

Some outside ppl might think sikhs are like that... and it's not true! So we must stand on guard, but at the same time not act on our emotions, but instead act as a group to make sure these disgraces are not rpeated.

I would like to know why many of our sikh events have gotten a reputation for turning into wild riots.

i hope the gursikhs take action in next years event if stuff like this happens. This is just not right, ppl should go and do that stuff far away from any kirtan or sikhi events.

Some outside ppl might think sikhs are like that... and it's not true! So we must stand on guard, but at the same time not act on our emotions, but instead act as a group to make sure these disgraces are not rpeated.

I would like to know why many of our sikh events have gotten a reputation for turning into wild riots.

Nothing will be done. In 1999 some youth from Sedgley Street tried to stop the badmash but the drunken yobs did not listen and the police were scared to get involved. Since then it has been a regular occurance after the mela. It has tarnished the name of the Sikhs living in Wolverhampton. It is time the organisers thought seriously about tackling the problem or pulling the plug on the mela.

I wonder if the organisers take Guru Ji to the park after the Nagar Kirtan. Years ago I remember there was concern about beadbi. Despite what people associated with the mela will say, people do walk around the park with cigarettes and cans of beer in their hands.

Rinku Sikh,

Have you conveyed the suggestions to the organisers ? especially about allowing those that follow a human Guru from profiting from catering stalls at the mela. I know in 2004 some namdharis from birmingham had a catering stall at the event.

I wonder if the organisers take Guru Ji to the park after the Nagar Kirtan. Years ago I remember there was concern about beadbi. Despite what people associated with the mela will say, people do walk around the park with cigarettes and cans of beer in their hands.

Rinku Sikh,

Have you conveyed the suggestions to the organisers ? especially about allowing those that follow a human Guru from profiting from catering stalls at the mela. I know in 2004 some namdharis from birmingham had a catering stall at the event.

yup Guru Ji were brought to the park but only for a few minutes whilst they did final Ardaas after nagar kirtan (because nagar kirtan ends in park)

and about "those that follow a human Guru" they were there again this year with not one, but two stalls, to feed the Sikh sangat who was more than happy to give them money.

:TH: Anjaan Ji, thanks for the reply.

If I am not mistaken is there not a Gurdwara two minutes walk from the park on Newhampton Road (edit. just checked using the Gurdwara GPS POI file and there is a Gurdwara very close by). Why not end the Nagar Kirtan there instead of taking Guru Ji to a park where the exact things we get upset about when people want to take Guru Ji to hotels take place. The organisers of this Nagar Kirtan and especially the mela have a lot to answer for. They are fecilitating beadbi. Shame on those involved with the Sikh Council of Gurdwara in Wolverhampton.

I am not surprised those caterers continue to make money at our expense. Next thing you know these Wolverhampton wale will ask some naraqtharis to run the langar tent.