Y Keep Kesh And Covered?

Guest Q

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

veerji/penji...kes are part of our body...jus like arms and legs and eyes etc....i dont think u wud go and cut ur leg or arm so why cut kes....and god gave u kes to keep...if he wanted u to cut em he wudn't have put em there in the first place....and for the head bein covered...its jus out of respect...in the olden days bibiyaan used to cover their head...if ne bibi had her head uncovered tht meant tht she is a widow....we, all us humans, are soul-brides...and god is our husband and he neva dies...so we r suppose to cover our head all the time....well i guess it wont matter to a person who doesnt really care bout the creator who made him/her and is capable of takin his life away....so its all bout sharda...faith....love

and all the yoga ppl will give all these scientific facts to cover ya head with a dastaar (go to sikhnet.com fo tht)

also, we keep our kes and cover our heads coz our guru ji Guru Gobind Singh Ji told us to...and we being his sikhs need to follow tht

bhul chuk maaf

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

From what i know Sikhs keep their hair because its a gift from God and no matter how many times you cut it, it grows back unless your suffering from some baldness condition like one of my uncles tongue.gif and its about identity so that you as a Sikh would always be recognised in a crowd. :TH:

wjkk wjkf

on top of all the other answers, a lot of scientific research shows tht those who keep their hair and cover it have muchmuch less chances of deseases and stuff. Guru Sahib ji is brilliant, whatever he has done is for a reason, weshould hav som much faith in him, tht we shouldnt even question his wills. good wuestion though.

bhul chuk maaf,

wjkk wjkf

1. The main reason why sikhs keep their hair is because Guru Nanak and all the other Guru sahibaan commanded it.

2.There are many practical reasons for covering your hair, for one it will prevent the joora from coming loose. Other than that, Guru sahibaan have commanded sikhs to wear dastaars (turbans).

Everything a Sikh does is because Guru sahib has commanded it. A sikh's job is to just follow the orders.