Marriage In Front Of Guru Jee

Guest _GUPT_

Guest _GUPT_

Can a Sikh Girl and White Man get married in Maharaaj Jee's Hazuri?

My view is that they cannot as this is not in accordance with Rehat Maryada. Just wondered what the Sangat's views are please.

He is not a Sikh

Does he even believe in God the last thing you want is an air head walking around the Guru Granth Sahib Ji without knowing what hes doing. rolleyes.gif

If he does believe in God i suggest you tell him what to do and what exactly going around the Guru Granth Sahib Ji actually means but personally i think it gets too complicated especially if say hes a Christian for example and your a Sikh how on earth are you going to chose what religion your children are going to be brought up in are you going to flick a coin. :lol: @

wjkk wjkf

if he is a sikkh, no problemo. if he isnt, u got urself an issue cuz, first of all, sikhs arent suposed to get love marriages. second, a sikh is suposed to marry a sikh. third, ur children are going to be VERY confused and the best thing to do is to marry another sikh, even if he is white.

bhul chuk maaf,

wjkk wjkf

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

The question if the individual isn't a sikh should be why are you getting married in Guru's hazoori? The rehat maryada says specifically that if you are sikh, then you should only marry another sikh. If the other person isn't a sikh, then why are they getting married in front of SGGSjee?

...and just because you are born into a sikh family doesn't make you a sikh either. We all have to remember that. So if you don't follow the rules of sikhism, then don't bother with getting married in front of Guru sahib. Its like an amritdhari sikh getting married using the bible... its stupid to do if you don't agree with what is written inside of it.

Sorry for being harsh, but its the truth.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

it's stupid to do if you don't agree with what is written inside of it.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Fateh ji, i agree....

we once went 2 a weddin where this guy was marryin a white woman, she was not sikh....n it was reeeealy wierd...cuz they had been cohabiting 4 sum time...so what was the point??

n it was ashame because i do not think anything had been explained 2 the girls side abt what wud happen, what wud be sed, the significance of anand karaj, n lavaan ...or even how 2 act in the Gurdwara....most of the women came "half naked" showin aaaaaaaalll their laatha n stuff ohmy.gif

but anyways.......

it's stupid to do if you don't agree with what is written inside of it.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Fateh ji, i agree....

we once went 2 a weddin where this guy was marryin a white woman, she was not sikh....n it was reeeealy wierd...cuz they had been cohabiting 4 sum time...so what was the point??

n it was ashame because i do not think anything had been explained 2 the girls side abt what wud happen, what wud be sed, the significance of anand karaj, n lavaan ...or even how 2 act in the Gurdwara....most of the women came "half naked" showin aaaaaaaalll their laatha n stuff ohmy.gif

but anyways.......

That would have made some dirty giani's day LOL.gif

Anyway my uncle got married to a dutch woman and her family were clueless aswell and guess what i had to take her around the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji even though she was going to be my would be chachi rolleyes.gif

I honestly dont know the point of doing something you dont understand and then the giani was asking whether the girls family were Sikh to my grandad and i think he said sort of, even though their entire side of the family were white and clueless but were interested anyway.

However they are happily married now and have a baby girl :TH:

Guest Guest

"Akhoza" can please have some respect for "Giani" Jees. I understand that some bad persons pretend to be "Gianis" but Gianis themselves are not "bad people". Giaan = knowledge. Giani = knowledge person on Gurbaani. So rather than bad mouth "Gianis" perhaps you should talk about individuals. I think we should show some grace and dignity when talking about Granthis which is the position bestowed to Baba Budha Jee.

In regards to Bhenji who posted. If your friend accepts and recognises God and worships God then tell him about Sikhi. If he likes it, then he can become a Sikh. If he says that he doesnt want to be a Sikh then its best you leave him. As they say "plenty more fish in the sea". Have faith Guru Jee and Waheguru.