Do You Think It Is Ok?

http://www.abc.com.au/catapult/askexpert/

scroll down, its a pic of our Guru, do you think its inappropriate?

is it unrecognisable? or should we take a stand?

is the pic on that site indirectly equating our Guru Ji 2 be nothing more than a agony aunt?

do you think, there is no point in taking a stand?

The Picture is symbolic to someone giving Wisdom/Advice hence it beign next to a Questions and Answers dialog box. It is not deragatory.

It is a Person with a Beard and a Pagri, do you automatically think that He is a Guru and that one of the 10 Gurus??? How did you reach to that conclusion? How do you know what our Guru's looked like? And which one of the 10 Guru is that picture of?

That is a picture which only resembles the general appearance of a Master, a Sadhu, a Saint.

The guru of the sikhs is baani. pictures of gurus have led to this kind of confusion amongst sikhs. any picture of a guy with a beard and turban and people are like yeah that's my guru.

maybe the pro-guru picture people should take this up. It looks like guru arjun Dev ji for all the sobha sio fans out there.

also this is nothing, the sikh "gurus" can be found on calendars these days. This is why the gurus said baani is guru not the human bodies. Human bodies are born and die, what is the point of worshipping temporary bodies.

Baani guru guru hai baani wich baani amrit saare.

peace.

Pheena bhenji

how did i come to my conclusion, my cousins have a photo of the 10 Guru's, that pic is of Guru Arjen Dev Ji, a bindi has been added.

wherther u have seen it or not, i dont know.

having said that, i agree none photos of the Guru 2day look like what our Guru looked like..

my question was, does anyone else see the likeness of that pic and the one iv seen, its quite popular.

i agree we shouldn't have pics of Guru's full stop, its leads to idol worship, BUT even ppl who dont have any photos of the Guru's STILL get offended when they see the RSS pics showing our Guru's to be worshipers of Shiva etc

We still got offended when pokerking.com had a pic of Guru Nanak Dev Ji on it, why were we so offended, Guru Ji didnt look like that?

Should we just have ignored these incidents, in the ideal world maybe, but the fact is those images are now seen as representations of our Guru's...whether we like it or not

well if its me on my jacks about the image then i prob am making a mountain outta a mole hill blush.gif

chall koi gal ni

sorry ppl

The guru of the sikhs is baani. pictures of gurus have led to this kind of confusion amongst sikhs. any picture of a guy with a beard and turban and people are like yeah that's my guru.

maybe the pro-guru picture people should take this up. It looks like guru arjun Dev ji for all the sobha sio fans out there.

also this is nothing, the sikh "gurus" can be found on calendars these days. This is why the gurus said baani is guru not the human bodies. Human bodies are born and die, what is the point of worshipping temporary bodies.

Baani guru guru hai baani wich baani amrit saare.

peace.

not on this particular event but just a general comment regarding picture. Yes i agree with you, that all the pictures of guru sahib drawn are imaginary, artist expression however you cannot turn blind eye towards picture regardless if such pictures are fake and not real/picture of guru as long it is saying with caption it's a sikh with turban and beard and picture being disrespected ..you know why? because it's a disrespect to Khalsa Saroop- Kesh, Dhara and Dastar.

Fine you don't beleive in pictures, all that is fine but for the sake of respecting keshas, dastar, and dhara..every sikh should stand up against mockery done by others in form of visual representation of sikhs.

Now coming back to the topic, that site is harmless..l failed to see how is it disrespect to put up a picture beside got questions?.

Pheena bhenji

how did i come to my conclusion, my cousins have a photo of the 10 Guru's, that pic is of Guru Arjen Dev Ji, a bindi has been added.

wherther u have seen it or not, i dont know.

having said that, i agree none photos of the Guru 2day look like what our Guru looked like..

my question was, does anyone else see the likeness of that pic and the one iv seen, its quite popular.

i agree we shouldn't have pics of Guru's full stop, its leads to idol worship, BUT even ppl who dont have any photos of the Guru's STILL get offended when they see the RSS pics showing our Guru's to be worshipers of Shiva etc

We still got offended when pokerking.com had a pic of Guru Nanak Dev Ji on it, why were we so offended, Guru Ji didnt look like that?

Should we just have ignored these incidents, in the ideal world maybe, but the fact is those images are now seen as representations of our Guru's...whether we like it or not

well if its me on my jacks about the image then i prob am making a mountain outta a mole hill blush.gif

chall koi gal ni

sorry ppl

You make sound points, then so the question is if we have no idea what our Gurus looked like then why do we get riled up for faces that are only similar to what we have imgained our Gurus to looks have been like through paintings etc. So then we must make a claim that every portrait of someone with a Chola, Beard, Pagri, half closed eyes to be the picture of one of our Guru's.