Sikhitothemax.com Updates?

I think you live in some different world, shardoolas give the titles, someone isn't born a sant so and so, I agreee there are blessed souls, but titles are given by chelea, a true sant won't claim this paadbee other wise they aren't a true sant, a contradicition in terms, your right those who do nindhiya of great souls will have to answer, but those who do some ustat (make someone a sant) will also pay,

ousathath ni(n)dhaa dhooo bibarajith thajahu maan abhimaanaa ||

Those who ignore both praise and slander, who reject egotistical pride and conceit,

ousathath ni(n)dhaa karae kiaa koee ||

How can anyone praise or slander anyone else?

the true great souls have the state of below,

ousathath ni(n)dhaa sabadh veechaar ||

I pay no attention to slander and praise; I contemplate the Word of the Shabad.

again the comparison of doctor to a sant is not valid, world parai is nothing in comparsion to spirituality, and through spirituality the sould become pure and does not want for praise, titles, chelea, it only wants one thing, man preet charna kamlarea...

anyways we do agree that their are souls which come from far away and have been blessed, you can call them what you like but these souls aren't recognised by titles or how much chleea they have, it is their jeevan, kamai, gursikhi which shines above everything, the problem lies with us, we want to put them on this paadvee to show that we are chleas of someone who is great.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you live in some different world, shardoolas give the titles, someone isn't born a sant so and so, I agreee there are blessed souls, but titles are given by chelea, a true sant won't claim this paadbee other wise they aren't a true sant, a contradicition in terms, your right those who do nindhiya of great souls will have to answer, but those who do some ustat (make someone a sant) will also pay,

ousathath ni(n)dhaa dhooo bibarajith thajahu maan abhimaanaa ||

Those who ignore both praise and slander, who reject egotistical pride and conceit,

ousathath ni(n)dhaa karae kiaa koee ||

How can anyone praise or slander anyone else?

the true great souls have the state of below,

ousathath ni(n)dhaa sabadh veechaar ||

I pay no attention to slander and praise; I contemplate the Word of the Shabad.

again the comparison of doctor to a sant is not valid, world parai is nothing in comparsion to spirituality, and through spirituality the sould become pure and does not want for praise, titles, chelea, it only wants one thing, man preet charna kamlarea...

anyways we do agree that their are souls which come from far away and have been blessed, you can call them what you like but these souls aren't recognised by titles or how much chleea they have, it is their jeevan, kamai, gursikhi which shines above everything, the problem lies with us, we want to put them on this paadvee to show that we are chleas of someone who is great.

Guest A Singh.

ParnaamShaheedaNu Veer Ji, you seem to be confused as how the word "Sant" cannot mean anything other than "Saint". So here is a translation of a line of Gurbani from the Damdami Taksal Rehat Maryada on www.damdamitaksal.com

bRhmx kYlI Gwqu kM\kw AxcwrI kw Dwnu ]

iPtk iPtkw koVu bdIAw sdw sdw ABmwnu ]

“The following are all major sins:

a) Killing a Brahmgyani,

b) Killing a black cow

c) Killing or selling your daughter,

d) Eating from a person who has no moral discipline. Anyone who commits any of these has committed thousands of sins and this egotistical individual will be reprimanded thousands of times."

(SGGSJ Ang 1413)

Whilst Sikhitothemax has correctly translated it as

"If a Brahmin kills a cow or a female infant, and accepts the offerings of an evil person, he is cursed with the leprosy of curses and criticism; he is forever and ever filled with egotistical pride."

"Literally" the word bRhmx obviously means Brahmin not Brahmgyani. However those who compiled the Damdami Taksal Rehat Maryada, have interpreted it rather differently. However, will the same uproar be made as to the Beadbi of Gurbani and twisting of meanings?

Hey, sorry bhajee i didn't know people were still replying to this thread.....

Umm, well sure jee if you want to say thats beadbi then go for it. Either way, the situation is different because damdamitaksal.com isn't a website with the whole of Guru Granth Sahib ji online (ie. STTM), where Bani is translated for countless people (esp. youth) to read, and therefore probably half as many people would be affected by that "error" or "difference in interpretation" that youre saying is on the taksal website. Also, that isn't the 'genuine' Maryada, as the real Maryada is written in Punjabi, so what you read could also just be a translation "error" or "difference in interpretation" , rather than a deliberate changing of translations of different shabads/countless bani. My concern was with the popularity of STTM as a Bani translation website, that thousands of people visit, and depend on for translations. In my eyes those translations should be closest to how they are literally and our own beliefs about Sikhi (ie. sant or no sant) should not influence the direct translation of Gurus bani

challo jee i say to each his own, if there are any other concerns please just p/m me because i don't know if i'll be checking this thread and i don't check this forum often. also, my only intention was to humbly request the sevadaars to correct the translation which I think they humbly have

bhul chuk maaf

d_oh.gif