Marriage!

Guest confused

Guest confused

Fateh ji

I'm in the middle of a bit of a dilemma and would like some advice plzz?

I've recently been approached by my uncle about marriage.

The key in question is from a non-gursikh family but his sikhi seems wonderful. In comparison to other singhs my family have asked me about, he seems genuinely passionate in his sikhi. I've not actually met him since I'm not sure what to do. However, I do know his parents, brothers and sisters are not into sikhi and eat meat etc. However, they are all meant to be incredibly nice and loving - he has a good relationship with all of them. It has been hinted that he does not want to remain living with his parents due to the anti-gurmat lifestyle and he lives in the same state as my family and so I would still have the sangat of my family as I wouldn't be too far away. My family has its concerns as my older sisters are all married into great gursikh families and so this is a new scenario for us.

Soooo, do I look at him or his family ? I also keep being told it is a matter of sanjog, which is true but then at the same time, I don't want to marry, regret it and then feel guilty. Tricky huh ? :lol: @

Thanks in advance

Fateh ji

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

This is always a difficult choice. But I feel that you must look at the individual, and not their family. For it is going to be that individual you are marrying, not his family.

So take some time, get to know him, his views on sikhi, his thoughts and beliefs. If they coincide with yours, then strongly consider him.

Best of luck bhenji.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

WJKK WJKF

i agree wid khalsa4ever.......get to know him first....i mean....at least get to see him rolleyes.gif .....though if u really havin a hard time.....do ardas to guru ji begging HIM for help pray.gif .....HE knows wat u goin through so HE can be da only one to truly guide you to right from wrong........and well.....its nice dat u can see da family and u know em well yet its da guy who you must see,interact wid and stuff......cuz like they say.....never judge a book by its cover :TH: ......so jus meet wid him and tok wid him bout sikhi i gess.......its kool how he has a great passion for sikhi......das awesome :T: ......and well......good luck panji!...bhul chuk muaf ji......

WJKK WJKF

Assert yourself. If meeting is somehow embarrassing or difficult to request, then be bold and say that you wish to interview him. Be frank with him about your concerns regarding family. You will likely be much more comfortable about where you want to go.

Keep in mind that families are an adjustment in any marriage. Don’t attribute adjustment challenges entirely to faith differences. Sometime two families are equally honest in their sikhi, yet they are so far apart in other ways. Learning to accept different family approaches of ones spouse is part of maturing and part of marriage.

I admire those who move themselves toward sikhi without family support.

why can't it?... there's no SET rules fa dat when ur married... i's jus somethin dat has been done in indian culture... they gotta look out fa wha's best for not only dem, but their sikhi...

or if they think that livin wit his parents won't be the best fa dem, then even get they own place or sumtin..

why can't it?... there's no SET rules fa dat when ur married... i's jus somethin dat has been done in indian culture... they gotta look out fa wha's best for not only dem, but their sikhi...

or if they think that livin wit his parents won't be the best fa dem, then even get they own place or sumtin..

Fateh

ya some people do get their own place and stuff.....so like.....there are choices....man i dunno....LOL....bhul chuk muaf...

Fateh