Help!

gurufateh ji

my parents dnt let me and my sister go to boss camp we reallly, reallly wnt 2 go as we hv heard itz really good and u learn alot and meet ova sikhs. for sum reason dey hv a bad impression of dis camp eventhough dey dw nw nfin bwt it. hw do we shw dem hw gd it is and persuade dem 2 let us go??plzzz helppp!!

bhul chuk maaf

wfkk wjkf

Jee, have faith in guru sahib. HE knows you, and your sister want to go. So do ardaas to HIM, to shower his blessings on you, to allow to attend this camp. :lol:

Do pleanty of naam simran.

Also try showing your parents pictures of boss camp, get them to talk to someone who runs it, and so on. To show them the pro's of the camp!

All the best

bull chaak maaph karnee jee.

Vaheugrujeekakhalsa,Vahegurujeekeefateh

naa veeerji dey in 2 sikhi gt amrit and dt. it bcuz der USE2 b a youth club around here where all dese gyalz and guyz use 2 go and jst chill and mess around and didnt learn nfin bwt sikhi dey tink dis camp is going 2 b da same. bt gursikhs go 2 dis camp i dw knw if u been b4 bt itz reallly gd i heard??

bhi chuk maaf

wgjkk wjkf

Gurfateh ji

Do ardas, but also, ask your parents to ring the numbers on the poster and speak to the sevadars, they may be able to reassure them.

If that doesn't work, then there's sevadar in all the major towns, so they could even meet your pareenst face to face, once your parents met teh Gursikhs, this would be more reasuurance.

So speak to your paremts and contact the sevadar

hope this helps

Gurfateh ji

Gurfateh

Below I have cut and paste some responces that were given on another forum when people were asked about boss sikhi camp.... some of them tell the daily programmes and stuff and wud be gud if u can show these to ur parents... ps u wana hurry cos deadline for the DISCOUNT is on 30th may...lol!!

or!! u can say to them that if they allow u to go to camp u wont watch tv for like a whole month after u come back.... before u what???!! truss me, lot of people find after they go to camp wen they go back tv generates little interest and u can go without it for ages.... its only when the curiosity kicks back in and u watch it wen u didnt need to...damn kalyug....

Author: SUM GIRL

Date: 05-11-06 02:18

the camp is absalloutly amazing.....i went for the first time last year....it was wicked because the campers were so involved in the kirtan, seva, discussions etc....

because it was the first time i went i was really nervous i thpought it was going to be snotty people who wouldnt talk to me and stuff....plus i didnt really no anyone that was goin so just thought id be on my own all the time.....

but it was just brilliant....cus not only w=ere the campewrs brilliant but the sevadaar were well friendly (suprise to me as i thought they were all snotty)....its weird its like the camp brings out a different person in all....

the best thing for me personally was there was so much opportunity to do seva....pandeh di seva was wkd cus it was outside and because it was summer it was fab.....all i can say is vaheguroooooo....

then there were some wkd disscusions and talks...there was this one guy who was so amazin....dont now his name think i saw him in leciester....he was o inspiring....his face was just shining with so much energy it was beautiful....there was so much prem yet josh in his talks you felt like just giving your head to maharaj just there and then.....

the amritveleh were also fab....dunno why ppl think moneh dont go....there were loads there....but the freaky thing was that everyone wanted to come for amritvela.....the first nite you had nearly the whole camp in there....yes all the moneh an that too....couldnt beleve it....the asa di vaar and aartee used to kill it....

i absaloutly lovede the whole thing....my mate started keepin his kesh after the camp...not suprised....there was so much prem and sharda there....u propa feel at home....the site was fab 2....plus everyone such a laugh....even the organisers and thaT....it wasd this guys bday he got done bad.....even by the organisers....showed me how chilled they were....that was well funny....cant wait for this year...

i also been to khalsa camp i did love that too....it was quite cool i defo learnt alot plus the diwaans were wkd....u propa feel on a level there....again i daint no anyone there either....

id say go both....in one you wana sing maharajs bani al day....an the other you wana b in his service allday long....

sorri...i no mADE MISTAKES

Author: K Singh

Date: 05-11-06 12:56

vaheguru

Daas has been fortunate enough to go to Sikhi Camp for the last 2 years, and I cannot wait for this years! Its a trully mind blowing experience....the sangat is awsome. Some of the sevadaars are so inspirational, just by spending a week with them u feel like doing naam simran 24hrs a day... what a beutiful gift maharaj has given to us in the form of sangat....

I think simran used to start definetly by about 2am from some very chardikala sikhs... anyone was allowed to go and start simran but this wasnt in the timetbale. maharaj did Parkash at 4am, with simran until 5am, then nitnem, then asa di vaar... this carried on until 7am....

For campers it was compulsory to be in divaan by 7am (but 90% of campers seemed to be there right from parkash!! The pyaar and sharda of up and coming sikhs was amazing - i think more non-amritdhaar's were doing their nitnem at amritvela than amritdhaari's lolzzz) After japu ji sahib keertan, hukamnama, translation..... it was amazing....

Parkash was just something else... nagra going... and that horn (bit of a 's' shape, crazy sound... i dnt know the name of it)..... see some of the pictures, the one in the sunrise/set .....

Last years site was excellent, the activities wern't to what they could have been, but still by the end of the camp no1 wated 2 leave. The keertan and lectures really hit a chord.....

Apparantly this years site is way beta!!! and some once in a life time activities are being arranged..... with maharajs kirpa it should wiked.

So unless u haven't figured out, i wud def reccommend Sikhi Camp... esp wen u get a discount if u send u form by 30th May or sumit..... AND its the 10th anniversary of Sikhi Camp..... may there be many years ahead of this great seva.....

bhul chuk maaaf,

daas

Author: Cant wait!!

Date: 05-11-06 17:05

I agree with the above comments the camp is just brilliant!!!

The best bit has to be the divans without any doubt!! Right from Maharajh's parkash in the morning to Sukhasan at the end! Was so beautiful we guru ji at the front with panj singhs and as singh said the nagara and the horn blasting, with all the sangat walking behind guru ji! ws such an amazing experience every day!

And hey man the amritvele were next level! im sure some people just didnt sleep during that camp! i remember the first night i went into darbar sahib and it was jam packed!!!! must have been literaly everyone there! and it was like that for the whole week! most of us had neva even done amritvela before but experiencing it was brilliant!

keertan was amazing too, loadss of people were doing it, i remember on one night when they had the rehnsbhai i think sumbody told me 40 people had put down their names to do keertan!! there was just so much keertan and bani being done! even during the day wen talks and stuff was going on people were doin extra bani's in the darbar or learning keertan from each other!

yeh activities werent all that last y but it didnt matter cus there was sooo much anand from guru ji and the darbar!!! i swear all these people were crying and sad on the last day cus they were leaving the sangat! there was so much pyar, one girl was saying that the camp was all she looked fwd to all year cus she had no sangat where she lived and her mum neva let her go anywhere else.

the singhs doing guru jis seva were wicked! they propa explained the hukumname every day and had soo much respect for guru ji!

lol another thing i loved was where it was tooo hot that week and it would be roasting hot in the darbar sahib so everyone would take it in turns to use those pieces of cardboard to fan the sangat!!!! omg wat brilliant seva! and everyone wanted to do it! propa made you feel humble to be able to do the sangat seva as they were singing keertan! i hope its reallly hot this year too so we can do that seva again as well!!!

have u guys seen the pictures of guru ji from last year?! how beautiful they are! with all the shastars and beautiful rumaleh and how the sun was setting behind guru ji everyday!

lol yeh i saw that guy get done as well, poor guy he never saw it coming!!! but yeh everyone was really chilled out and happy and smiling! all tehse weirdos sayin people dont smile at these camps are mad! i learnt so much stuff from there, loads of stories etc. but definetly it was all about the experience!! i seen that guy that said he was gona keep his hair after! him and like 3 or 4 other guys from that camp all took amrit!! actually i heard about 8 guys who went there havin taken amrit since! so all the seva being done by this camp, and all teh other keertan programmes and rehansbhais is obviously working!!

man i cant wait till this year again!!! i wish you could just live there all year around!!!

n another thing im happy to see is that people are actually encouragin each other to go to both camps (sikhi camp and khalsa camp) thats the way it should be enit, we jus one big family and the more sangat u can do the better!