Dastaar

Guest :|

what would you do in a situation where your parent gets angry and tries to knock your dastaar off? :lol:

i mean does it change the fact that someone is tryng to attack your dastaar if its one of your parent......(if that is an attack) ???

interesting question..

prob one side would say .. its beadbi towards your hair .. daastaar.. so fight back .. cuz sikhi comes first..

but in this case.. they ARE your parents.. so my views..

defend yourself, but dont hit back even if they lay a couple on you they are STILL your parents and its not like they wana kill you or something.. so you be mature about it .. talk to them .. that do anything but dont touch my guru jis dastaar..

what would you do in a situation where your parent gets angry and tries to knock your dastaar off? :lol:

i mean does it change the fact that someone is tryng to attack your dastaar if its one of your parent......(if that is an attack) ???

Vahegurujeekakhalsa

Vahegurujeekeefateh

Oh my dear bhainjee/veerjee, vahegurooo sat naaam kau.

This is a test from gurujee in my eyes, he is testing your faith and devotion towards him.

Stay strong.

I heard a story once about a bibi aorund the age of 14-16, and one day she come home with a dastaar, and her dad rippped it off her head, and she said very calmy something aroud the lines of this "dad, please hit me in any way, except for touching the priceless items of guru sahib"...

I agree with jaspual veerjee, they are still your parents, so try and treat them with utmost respect.

Do ardaas to gurujee bhainjee/veerjee....

I dont know what to say really bhainjee/veerjee, i just in my opinion would to do ardaas during this test. As for everything we go through in life is a test from guru sahib...

Vahegurooo.... you will be in my prayers dear bhainjeee/veerjee..

Stay Strong!!!

Bull chaak maaph karnee jee.

Vahegurujeekakhalsa

Vahegurujeekeefateh

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

yo i totally agree wid jaspaul veerji and heart and evryone else......its a test from guru ji....so jus stay strong....even if they did such a thing......you still must respect them as they ARE ur parents buddy....jus stay kool and tell em u can beat me if u want but pleez do not touch my beloved guru ji's crown......it is beadbi.....but they jus dun udnerstand i gess....dun worry panji/veerji.....it'll work out!!!!do ardas beggin guru ji for himmat to pass this test HE has given you.....talk to HIM bout these things and tell HIM how upset u r.....cuz HE already knows.... :e: ......dun worry.....guru ji will help cuz i mean.....u want to wear a dastaar and guru ji is so happy wid dat already......so dun give up hope panji/veerji!!! :TH: ...guru sahib tuhade te kirpa karange :e:

bhul chuk muaf ji....

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

WJKK WJKF

Hmmm, this is quite a dillema you have apon you're hands here. In all honesty, I would just run into my room and do Ardas and ask for Gurur Ji to stop this behavior from your parents. But I would DEFINATLY NOT try to hit your parents. Do defend yourself but if you hit them you bring yourself down to a lower level because violence is not how people should deal with things. If they did then we would all be at war. Try speaking to them also. Mmmmkkkaaayy??? :e:

Fateh

NO ONEZ OURS IN THIS WORLD, ONLY SIKHI AND SIKHI SAROOP IS MOST VALUABLE. DEFEND.

Gurfateh ji

this is a real test n to move ahead on this path that Guru Maharaj has blessed u with, u need to have discussion with ur parents and they must understand how valuble sikhi is for u.and like others have mentioned so beautifully do ARDAS. that will surely solve the problem.

i wish u the very best in this test.

P.S do post when u have passed this test!

Guru Rakha

yes .. force in terms of strong explanation approach and reasoning wit ur parents.. :TH:

.. force in terms of verbal abuse,fighting,hitting ur parents .. NO !

simple and its the truth ..

i dun think you can be above dhan guru amar daas sahib ji who even kneeled down and touched the sinners feet who kicked him .. i dun think any of our gurus wouldve fought back/hit or even argued wit their father/mother .. and nowadays we are ready to just abandon them so easily ..

Vahegurujeekakhalsa

Vahegurujeekeefateh

I completely agree with jaspual veerjee.

We have no right to hurt or disobey, gurujee's creation. Because whatever they are doing to you, is under HIS will jeeo. :lol:

Try and sit there and explain to them, why you wear dastaar, what it means to you, etc.

Stay strong, and keep doing ardaas jeeo.

Bull chaak maaph karnee jee.

Vahegurujeekakhalsa

Vahegurujeekeefateh