Da Vinci Code Banned In Punjab

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2006/20060526/punjab1.htm#4

“Da Vinci Code” banned

Tribune News Service

Gurdaspur, May 25

The screening of controversial Hollywood fiction “Da Vinci Code” has been banned in Punjab. The film was to be screened in Punjab from tomorrow .

This decision was taken today by the Minister for Culture and Archives, Mr Pratap Singh Bajwa ,when the representative of Christian community met him here today.

Mr Bajwa said that after the Christian leaders met him ,he discussed the matter with the Punjab Chief Minister ,Capt. Amarinder Singh ,on the phone.

The Chief Minister has allowed him to ban the film in keeping in view the hurt sentiments of the Christians of the state. The film would not be screened in the state till the producers or distributors satisfy the Christian community leadership, he said.

Dr Franco ,who led the delegation to the minister today ,said that the film fuels the myth that Jesus had wife and children.

Its amazing how fast did the Govt. of punjab rushed to ban the movie, whereas people had to force them to do same for much hyped Bole So Nihal.

I have to agree with you bro.. it's very stupid of state govt to ban this film but not bollywood fakeo "Bole So Nihal" film.

The reason is because most of movie-goer of any hindi films are apnay sikhs of punjab. It seems to be that they don't think it's their duty to protect and defend their religious sentiments. They think that stuff like "Bole So Nihal" is being part of their modernization. It's good that some Sikhs did protest against the "Bole So Nihal," but most likely they are Sikhs from rural area who doesn't watch films often, others protest against film to get the fame out of it. If one do protest with pure heart with no personal/group agenda then my friend you will definately get some good results.

On a side note, I have friend who trained to be a minister (a Dr of Theoligy), and he has showed me compelling evidenece that Jesus was indeed married and lived the life of a householder.

There was a BBC documentary on this recently, and it showed how the 3 wise men were infact Buddhists (because Buddhists search for incarnations of their leader)..........and how around 50 ad around Kashmir where a tribe called Israel lives there is a tomb of a man they called Isa, and who's nic name was the Shepherd. Also he is buried East West in the Judaic manner (or is it the other way....I always get the Muslim and Judaic mixed up)................which is different to the way in which the Muslim way of burying.

it all depends on who is lining who's pockets

Wish somebody would line mine - I'm in need buy a few things! :lol:

Wish somebody would sort out the Edit function!!!

The thing that surprises me is that punjab doesnt even have as much christian population as state of kerela, which has not banned the movie. Neither did govt. of india itself banned it. Then why was punjab govt. so keen on doing so? If it was done in the intrests of minorirty community, then it is good, but i highly doubt that. The influence of christian missionries is considerable in border belt of gurdaspur,batala and pathankot.... There was even news of a gurudwara granthi adopting christianity with all his family in retaliation to treatment from sgpc. It is weird how politics influences every naunce of the society.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

By the way there is 2 other states in India banned the film now...

... and i think there is about 200, 000 Christians in Punjab.

Thats proper sad that they banned this film and not jo bole sone haal...

By the way about the above comment, ive heard of taht but is there actually a saakhi or summet saying that?

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• Umm, that's totally irrational, bro. There are plenty of prakash-dara Singhs in Punjab (less than we'd like, but still plenty). No one cares that you are sabat soorat. It isn't 1986. You can walk around in chola, kurta-pajama, or jeans. Whatever. If you want the look @dallysingh101 is referring to, just go into a cheap clothing shop (not a Western-style mall) and buy some shirts for 250 rupees or a track suit for 2000 rupees. You'll get the cheap stuff made in some sweatshop in Bombay.
    • The Mind is Jyot Saroop (Waheguru), but the mind is under the influence of five evils… Through Naam Simran( Rememberance), the mind will begin to detach from evil, and get back to its original form ( MANN TU JYOT SAROOP HEH)… Until the mind breaks free from the five evils, one will go through the cycle of paap and punn….which leads to Karma… Naam Simran destroys past karma, and prevents new karma coming into fruition… I did this, I did that… This non realisation of the Jyot Saroop gives rise to paap and Punn, which in turn gives birth to suffering and misery…
    • I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 

Important Information

Terms of Use