What Department Do You Belong To?

Which One??  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Yea, which one ..

• Duaba
    • Majha
    • Malwa
    • Another

Punjabi is best spoken in Majha area. It's widely known that amritsar, gurdaspur area is where punjabi is best spoken cuaz of being near to Pakistan. Pakistan punjabi is Sweet and pure. Though majhe are straight forward ppls (not two faces) tongue.gif

Majhael are best known for Pakeey jabaan, all others aren't known to keep their word to the best whether in east or west. Approx. the whole movement was born and carried in majael area because of sikhi being best in these areas decade(s) ago (Gurdaspur,amritsar,tarntaran etc..)

Just some info :lol:

Guest Narinder Singh

Here we go again, another pointless discussion that will do nothing but divide us, whats next, a poll on what caste we belong to? Sorry if i offended anyone, just my opinion.

p.s. I've never lived in India, so how does this apply to me?

Hahahahahahah!

I put that department word to confuse people. Started this thread because I was ............ bored???

Well, Babbar Akali movement started in Duaba. As for the movement in 1980s, most of Duaba is out, out of Punjab so no one bothered to start it. There were other movements in the early !970s from Duaba. I don't know about sweet or sour but Duaba one is the cool one. Amritsar guys speak funny. They make me laugh. They keep saying eee for no reason. Hahahahaa! Just jokes. No offence intended. Maafi if anyone offended. I will change the post if anyone offended.

Please cash in the votes though!

My old folks talks about how Gurdaspur area was ruled by Singhs waaaaay before the movement starts.. I don't know much about babbars but most of the shahhheddieeyan were done by the common folks of Gurdaspur, amritsar (famously tarn taran which now is new district.. not anymore in amritsar ?).

Back to history.. amritsar, gurdaspur (HQ of Ranjit's eldest son Sher Singh) was considered to be rich land with Brave warriors (maybe not anymore). Maybe i am very wrong but someone told me that when Mahraja Ranjit singh send out the punishment to someone who did wrong stuff.. He would kick them out of amritsar/gurdwaspur area.. No wonder why patiala and others small kings betrayed Ranjit Singh during the Raj no.gif

It's also widely known that Ludhiana, jallandhar and other areas are the one who left the punjab and they are of course well settled in abroad.

Regardless of land, culture, language difference.. we still all are same :nihungsmile:

Btw.. One funny thing.. I was in nagar keertan and there were bunch of old ladies walking and one said loudly "...Merey Dhuey Dukhdey..." I WAS ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif Shocked.. In our area language we call Dhuey to "Buttocks." Later friend of mine told me that they call it for the Back. That was funny tongue.gif

I think im malwa but i dont know exactly what that means???

Is it a region or something???

Is anyone here have relatives in the pind 'mehna,' i think thats how you spell grin.gif , the pind is near Moga town???

I think im malwa but i dont know exactly what that means???

Is it a region or something???

Is anyone here have relatives in the pind 'mehna,' i think thats how you spell grin.gif , the pind is near Moga town???

** i meant does anyone here have any relatives.....

Stupid thing wont let me edit :lol: