Khalsa Ji, Become Armed And Ready.

I'm getting a feeling these days that our (Sikhs') safety is going downhill. More hatered seems to be brewing just below the surface. Seems each time some muslim does something wrong, we gotta face a wave of angry looks and violence, even from people who know we're not muslims!

Khalsa ji, we stick out from the crowd. To the haters, a Singh is like a sheep. Easily spotted and easy to take down. That's why Singhs gotta be armed and be Lions and not sheep. Without weapons on us, we are sheep.

Arm yourselves. Keep a good sharpened kirpan on you. Keep a rod under our car seat. Keep a baseball bat in your trunk. Keep some sticks or soemthing within reach in your homes.

Maybe i'm just paranoid, but I'm gettingt his feeling in the pit of my stomach that things are turning bad, slowly but surely.

It's a difficult situation, but if you do use your kirpan for self defence or any kind of weapon out in the public the media will jump on you even though you was the victim in the incident. So to save yourself that hassle on every day to day dealings with racists and ignorant thugs it is best to learn some kind of martial art. I find street fighting is the best form of defence/fighting in an urban environment. You basically use all available things on you that you are legally allowed to carry, and hit pressure and sensetive parts of the attacker, such as the groin, the eyes, the neck, the chest, the knee caps.

Also carry a big umbrella if you can, as it can be used to fend of attacks and be used effectively as a spear. Wear a belt, you would be suprised how much damage a belt buckle can do. If faced with a knife wrap your arm with a coat or jacket to fend of any attack.

I will give you proper info on urban self defence, but these are points everyone should consider.

However if things are getting out of hand..... say we Sikhs as a group begin to get persecuted simply for being a visible minority. And the state governemnt can not protect its citizens. Then we have no choice but to arm and defend ourselfs with modern shasters. No point being sheeps to the slaughter or sitting ducks if we know some kind of major trouble is about to break out.

Wasn't trying to imply anti-muslim violence is okay, that's not a characteristic of the khasla. Khalsa is nirvair.

But I think all the sweet talk and peace talk breaks down the minute some thugs grab you at the intersection or outside of the gas station. Then only your kirpan is going to help, and it better be sharp and you better know how to best use it.

Personal safety is the responsibilty of each person, no matter where you live. "Educating" doesn't always help. There are plenty of haters who know full well who we are and still they detest our presence.

There's a reason Guru Gobind Singh ji compares an unarmed Sikh to a sheep.

With the saint qualities that Sikhi offeres, it's very unlikey for a khalsa to start battering random white people with his baseball bat or randomly start stabbing every white guy that looks suspicious..lol

Anyway, if you don't like the idea of having weapons within reach, then it's your choice. For me, I've decided it's time to start listening a bit more to Dashmesh.

Become armed and ready khalsa ji!

Can't we use mace spray instead? It's cheaper, non-lethal, easier to use...and comes in nifty pocket-size shapes :@

Ive had an old man :) foaming in the mouth wanting to fight me at a red light as he got out of his car and knocked on my window and I asked them what his problem was and he laughed{all evil} and pointed to his head implementing my turban. All I did was stay there calm and while sitting in the car I put another turban on and he didnt know what to do grin.gif while standing out in the middle of the street with 20-30 cars all around and the green light came on so he ran back to his car and drove off.

He wanted me to do somrthing so it looked like I did something first on the news/media to give Sikhs a bad name.

Now that I think of this I want to buy pepper spray just in case this happens while Im out of the car. Ill let them hit me and then Ill mace them wacko.gif . It will be lawfull and shows that I didnt want to take anger out on him but just stop what he was doing. I wouldnt have wanted to fight but he would give me no choice but to stop the problem. Then to the police I wouldnt look agressive at all.

This is just one incident. I would never cut my hair for jack @$$e$ like this, and will wear my turban with more honour :e:

Love Sikhi and dont care for what the public opinion is and youll be a happy Sikh of the Guru.

I bow to the Shabad Guru d_oh.gif

Ah, a fellow fan of 'The Way Of The Intercepting Mace' :@

Yes, I think you've definitely got the right idea, and your clarity of thought and maintainence of discipline under pressure is admirable and down-right exemplary. Good on ya :TH:

P.S. - I love all the pictures...and a kid that cute has got to be illegal :)

Yup Sikh Sahib. I live in Sac, Cali

You cant tell that Im driving on the left side of the car and the right side of the road. :nihungsmile:

lol, you ever see some of those old import cars? they drive ont eh right side (the driver)... O_o

i think wearing those mini kirpans and a blunt kirpan is not very god, kind of loses the purpose of protection and helping others... i cant see people affectivly defending off a thug with a 2 inch kirpan on a necklace :@

You cant tell that Im driving on the left side of the car and the right side of the road. :nihungsmile:

lol, you ever see some of those old import cars? they drive ont eh right side (the driver)... O_o

i think wearing those mini kirpans and a blunt kirpan is not very god, kind of loses the purpose of protection and helping others... i cant see people affectivly defending off a thug with a 2 inch kirpan on a necklace :@

"The first ideal of swordsmanship is achieved when the sword is present in the hand. When this is achieved, even a blade of grass can be a weapon.

The second ideal of swordsmanship is achieved when the sword is absent from the hand, and present in the heart. When this is achieved, the swordsman can strike down foes from a distance, even with bare hands.

The third ideal of swordsmanship is achieved when the sword is absent from both the hand and the heart. When this is achieved, the swordsman is at peace, and works to bring peace to all."

ekonkar0qv.jpg

"The first ideal of swordsmanship is achieved when the sword is present in the hand. When this is achieved, even a blade of grass can be a weapon.

The second ideal of swordsmanship is achieved when the sword is absent from the hand, and present in the heart. When this is achieved, the swordsman can strike down foes from a distance, even with bare hands.

The third ideal of swordsmanship is achieved when the sword is absent from both the hand and the heart. When this is achieved, the swordsman is at peace, and works to bring peace to all."

ekonkar0qv.jpg

yes true... so we should carry other weapons too??? wacko.gif

Vaheguru

Jai Tegang, even though I agree that things are turning for the worse I think you have told us to arm ourselves with the wrong resource. Even though it is VERY important to be ready to fight physically, it is even more important to be able to fight Spiritually.

We are in a climate that is feeding the 5 Chor and our Sikhi, naam abhyaas is lowering whilst our muscles are getting bigger. Many Singhs have warned of difficult times ahead... everyone of them advise us to learn as much Baani Kunth as possible - it is ESSENTIAL we know our nitnem khunt, do naam abhyaas now, whilst we have the time.....

So I can see where you are coming from, but before we get the khanda's and ak47's out, lets first arm ourselves with the Name of the Lord!

Vaheguru