Sharp Or Blunt?

Guest Singh_jee

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmhm' I guess it really doesnt matter a slong as you think of it as a kirpan and respect it all the same. My little cousin carries a blunt one because ...well, hes a child! I dont think people would go around handing amarthari children sharp objects. . . do you?

Fateh

if the child is not at least given the vidya of a kirpan, let alone how to use then its not much point keeping it. u can jus 'respect' it as an object that will have no use when needed.

amritdhari children should be given vidya of what a kirpan is and carry one with great responsibility.

if the child is not at least given the vidya of a kirpan, let alone how to use then its not much point keeping it. u can jus 'respect' it as an object that will have no use when needed.

amritdhari children should be given vidya of what a kirpan is and carry one with great responsibility.

Erm...

Children should not be given sharp kirpaans. Teach them the vidhiya but i believe kids should keep fairly blunt ones. Its not hard for a 16yr old taller, heavier kid to take it off a 13 yr old smaller kid, for example. And in schools nowdays, u have to be careful. So i think you should be PRACTICAL when it comes to these kinds of issues, rather than all "yeh lets have kids going around with deadly weapons". Shaster vidhiya is an art. When you attend classes for example, you are not handed a kirpaan straight away to train with. Depending on who you learn from, it starts off with sticks (although i believe it should start with hand to hand combat personally).

I know when i was in year 8, i wore my kirpaan to school and this older girl, ignorant although well-intentioned, managed to grab my kirpaan off me slyly and starts waving it around. i was well upset and angry and went shouted at her a lot. But i realised how dangerous it was and still how ignorant the society around us is to the kirpaan still. This girl didnt know what the kirpaan was about, so not necessarily her fault. But she could have hit someone accidentally and that would have caused a backlash against Sikhs and our campaign to raise awareness and build acceptance and tolerance of the kirpaan. You cant give kids such a big responsibility of carrying and being responsible for a deadly weapon. Its unfair of anyone to expect kids to keep sharp kirpaans. Start them with the basics and work up, thats my opinions.

Forgive my mistakes

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

I sharpened mine the second I got it and its razor sharp, The one I wear under my Kurta is blunt because that is the spiritual one and isnt used literally but metaphorically used.

I do think children should have blunt kirpans but not snoop dogg blunt. hehehehe LOL.gif:@LOL.gif

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

i would like to get a sharper one.. just in case! it was made for a functional use, and should be sharp.

Sharpen it with a stone, but you should be careful because from what you were saying a week or two ago, you would abuse it and use it if someone called you a name from a car passing by or something of that nature. wacko.gif