Sleeping After Amritwela

Guest m

Vahegurujeekakhalsa

Vahegurujeekeefateh

Sangath jeeo, i know this question has already been asked, and i tried searching for it bit could not find it. So my question is, is it wrong to sleep after amritwela? Like today, i woke up and did my nitnem during amritwela and then went back to sleep and woke up at 11 am. :@ @ .. is that wrong? Im very unsure..

Vahegurujeekakhalsa

Vahegurujeekeefateh

of course not....

i can't think of a logical answer to suggest it would be wrong..... especially if you slept late and didn't sleep enough...

ask your heart if it's wrong...if you FEEL inside that it's wrong, then make that decision and stick by it... in my heart and in my eyes, there's nothing wrong with it...

in fact, based on my own experiences, i absolutely RECCOMEND and ACTIVELY SUGGEST that you do rest after amritvela, if possible. you're not proving anything to anyone by depriving your body of sleep

Yeah, I've been trying to wake up earlier these days, but later I feel sooo fatigued, but I end up sleeping a lot more than I'd want to.

Still, I think it's better if you can condition yourself to sleeping just that amount between bedtime and amrit vela, I just personally don't like going to sleep after waking up. Remember, getting good sleep matters on how well you're conditioned; you just have to keep the same sleep schedule throughout the week, don't sleep in when you have time. There have been lots of articles pertaining to this, including Time magazine in which they talked about a person that worked the night shift at Applebees or something and his sleep cycle went over two days--one night he wouldn't sleep at all.

Oh, and naps during the day are great too. I don't remember all the details, something to do with REM sleep, etc, but basically you get the most out of resting through the first 3 or so of the 5 (?) stages of sleep, so taking a short nap and just skipping the last 2 parts is a good idea. Remember, Google is your friend :@ Just research it, it's easy to find.

WJKK WJKF

well.....ive heard that sumtimes if u go to sleep like rite after you do ardas and stuff then its kinda like ur amritwela time was a waste......its jus wat i heard once pleez no offence or anything....yet if ye do want to go to sleep after u done da panj banian at amritwela then do some simran and maybe watch keertan on tv early in da mornin (well i dunno bout others but it starts at 4 here on my tv...hehe) and like jus do dat for like half and hour and then maybe do ardas to guru ji and go to sleep....i dunno i think its a good idea :@ ...please forgive me ji....bhul chuk muaf karnee sangat jeeo

WJKK WJKF

well how about those who work during the amritvela hours?? what are those people suppose to do??? im working from 8.30pm-8.30am :@ after 8.30am i usually sleep.. i do my baniyaa during my work hours.. i dun have much of a choice.. i come back and sleep and wake up arnd 6pm... do my rehraas and go to work... so now is dis wrong?

i guess it depends in which situation ur.. well correct me if im wrong tho..