Why Punjabi Singers Should Not Wear Khanda On Chains

kurtas

Is 50 cent supposed to be christian because he looks like he robbed a christian of their cross and is holding it hostage around his neck.

I dont know about you but to me he isnt representing jesus very much.

Why do they wear a bandana and a hat? next they will be wearing glasses with sunglasses over the top of those or a bandana with a hat over and a beenie over that or they will wear two different shoes or wear their shoes on their hands. :@

lol, yeah LOL.gif

yes, i too once had a khanda on a chain, but i pitched oncei leanred that wearing jewelry was not good for sikhs. I gave it to a little kid lol... rolleyes.gif

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well bhaji if you are talking about what we can do.. then I must say: WE CAN DO MANY THINGS

I mean we could try to praise our brothers NOT TO LISTEN to those STUPID music... we COULD POST A LETTER ON THEIR OFFICIAL SITES... or on their forums that they leave a DAAAAG ON SIKHISMs CHITTTTI CHAAADAR.

THESE WOULD BE THE FIRST STEPS... even if nothing would change... but our work is to try. to make a step forward.....

Gur Fateh bhaji.

Well, that's a different topic entirely (telling people to stop listening to the stupid music). And doing so wouldn't really stop them from wearing khandas. And do you thnk that Sikhs are even close to the majority of their fans? Out of the people here who care about them wearing khandas, how many of us even listen to them??

Now, posting on their sites (which could be deleted... but still) is a good idea. And writing to them (which still might not work, but...) is also a good idea. Who here is up for it? (I don't mean that in a mocking way guys, I'm serious; one of us should do it, or in fact more than one of us). I personally don't think I would be a good person to write a well written paragraph (don't make it too long into an essay...), but if nobody is up for it I seriously will; I just want to give the effect of a strong, well written argument to them.

So, I agree with you now, but:

even if nothing would change

Ummmm..... no, if nothing's going to change, then it's pointless; but the thing is something will change, at least one person would notice (unless, like I said, the post is deleted too fast, or if the person receiving the letter doesn't care and nobody else finds out, but that's not likely). If nothing was going to change, then your reasoning is wrong, because it's more of a waste of time than anything then, when we could be doing other things that would cause change. Basically, we should try, but things in which there's no chance at all are pointless to try doing--this, however, is not.

Again, not trying to offend anyone's views... (Just wanna point out how lame that is to have to add at the end of a post to have a good argument/debate, but some people here get pretty mad....)

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Start a post saying anyone who listens or likes 50 cent is an <banned word filter activated> because he doesnt promote nothing good.Unless they arent a Sikh of the Guru or wear a pant leg rolled up like if its cool. Id only do that if I dropped something in the water and had to step out to retreive something from out the bottom of the water

The only fitty cent I had was to get 2 gumballs out of the machine at the store for my nephew.

Well bro I think u missunderstood me... I am not a fan of those rappers.

I just said that Jazzy B wears a Khanda because 50cent wears a cross... nobody of those two is representing their religion.. but... IT IS BEADBI IF ANYONE SINGS FOOLISH SONGS WITH GIRLS AND WEARS A RELIGIOUS SYMBOL... THAT IS NOT GOOD ,THATS WHY I POSTED THE

2 PICS

Gur FATEH

Is 50 cent supposed to be christian because he looks like he robbed a christian of their cross and is holding it hostage around his neck.

I dont know about you but to me he isnt representing jesus very much.

Why do they wear a bandana and a hat? next they will be wearing glasses with sunglasses over the top of those or a bandana with a hat over and a beenie over that or they will wear two different shoes or wear their shoes on their hands. :@

I wasnt refering to you at all I was just making fun of 16 pence

Here he was checking if it was still there. With all the STDs he might have, it might have fallen off

I dont know if he knew it but his hats on slightly crook-ed

Being from NY and wearing an LA hat could get him shot :) so hes pretty brave to do that in public and still go out in public.

post-5391-1151274771.jpg

Gur Fateh...

well i am sure that u know the "religious" song by Jazzy b"Singh sajeo".

There he says: "LAMBHE KEESH TE DAAARIAN,hATH VICH TALWARAN"-- long hair and beards and swords in their hands... hah:well i dont see his long hair or his beard

THE SECOND LINE IS: "har ik sir te sajjian khatian dastaaraaaan"-- on every head orange turbans

hahahaha:well it was the first time i saw jazzy b with a khati dastaar on his head.. mostly on pictures u see his modern hairstyle huh?right or wrong?

then he wears a KHANDA round the neck ?! for what? because he wants to copy the rappers 50cents style(i hate ppl like that)

So dear jazzy b: by only wearing a khati dastar on head and having a khanda round the neck... u dont look like DHAN DHAN SRI GURU GOBIND SINGH JI MAHARAJ JI's SIKH/SON....

and plus+++++++++ I AM 100%ly sure that not he tied the dastaar,because he cant ++++++++

But I appreciate that he atleast tried to make guruji's SIFT or lets say Khalsa's sift..

here r the pic(s)

so as u might know,i am only 15 years old,so if i said anything dfalse.. please tell

GUR FATEH

this is the one whom jazzy b copies

Seems you dont quite understand the song dude, if you listen to it all including the intro to it you will know exactly what it means.

When you quote "LAMBHE KEESH TE DAAARIAN,hATH VICH TALWARAN" and "har ik sir te sajjian khatian dastaaraaaan" hes describing the Singhs and follows with "Dekh Kay Lagda Singh Sajeo Guru Gobind Day Nay" he's not talking about himnslef but instead of the Singhs.

As for copying 50cent, well Jazzy B's been wearing the Khanda chain before 50cent was even famous, so don't see how you came up with your 'copying' theory.

I agree that Akal Thakt sahib should issue directives for using khanda. It has become more of a cultural symbol rather than religious one. I was at a bhangra competition last yr. and half of the teams had khanda on their jackets and couple shouted out "waheguruji ka khalsa, waheguruji ki fateh". Also there was a team called khalsa junction. Some of you might know tht name being discusses here on a thread. The point is that if we stay complacent, these ppl are not gonna stop. You never know what they will come up with next. So Akal Thakt sahib should issue directives for use of all sikh religious symbols and bana.

SHUDNT HAVE KHANDEH FULL STOP IT HAS BECOME A FASHION ACCESSORIES

PEOPLE WANT TO MAKE A PROFIT OF THESE THINGS

WE SHUD NOT SELL KHANDA CHAINS OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT