How Far?

Guest relationships

I think if a couple talk, hold hands and hug, thats fine...

How its fine?Singha you dont know a persons mind. sada damaag chakri vangu haiga pata nai kadu ghum jana, so my request is to all those singhs online, stay away from bibia meaning dont try to hold hands or talk to them alot,because one second u will be talking the other second u will be thinkin thoughts about them. even if its a amritdhari sikh unless they are brahmgyanis, a person will always have thoughts about a bibi doesn't matter who it is unless you are a brahmgyani(once again). So dont be tryin to start a love relationship like that jahagir and mumtaaz cuz they are dead and singhs must live. I wanna say one more thing to the singhs not be racist or anything against bibia , elders have told me that bibi's mind will change like weather so becareful. Wars took place because of bibia and people were hanged because of bia not offense just to let the singhs know. The choice yours.

its all about intentions. BUT one should not indulge in a physical relationship - save soemthing for marriage!!

I think if a couple talk, hold hands and hug, thats fine... but kissing, touching, and other lustful activities are just not on and not something a GurSikh should be doing at all.

When you talk to someone, remember you are the Son of Guru Gobind Singh Jee. Dont talk dirty, look dirty or touchy dirty. Theres a lot of definitions to "flirting" and a lot of people do it (some without even realising it) but theres a line.

Inevitably, you will marry, and i wouldnt say "right, totally keep away from people of the opposite gender". I would say "in moderation, with good intentions and respectfully." Dont do stuff. And ESPECIALLY dont do "stuff" in public where you disrespect Sikhi saroop and our Father, Guru Gobind Singh Jee.

Forgive my mistakes.

i get wha ure sayin Khalsa Force jio,

but im talking when it comes to drawing a fine line. Im sorry but people nowdays, compared to 300 years ago, are not self-willed or strong minded enough, to be able to control their thoughts and feelings enough to stay away from such indulgence. This is why we have problems when it comes to people controlling kaam and apne kissing, touching, having sexual relationships and so on.

what i wud say to people is fine, if u feel the need to show ure expression of love towards one another, do so by not kissing, touching/feeling each other up and not having sex. But i think holding hands and an occasional hug, is nothing bad. Sorry if u disagree, but im being a realist here.

I remember when i was a kid, i would be walking down the street and i would have to hold my brother and sisters hand and we were encouraged to do it and when i greet my friends or family, i give them a hug. Theres nothing lustful about it. Its different with a partner, but i reckon if people can refrain from kissing etc and just hug one another, then i think that shows that the intentions that the person has is true, not falsely drowned in lust. For those really stronged individuals who dont even hold hands or hug... good on u and i would encourage others to TRY to do the same.

We dont know whats in peoples mind but thats a bigger subject. U seem pretty much Gurbani-orientated, loving Gurmukh of the Khalsa Panth and i see u as a treasure of this faith. But i dont know reli whats deep in ure mind... same applies for everyone i meet in this world, and everyone on this forum. But we cant always be paranoid and we have to give people some chances.

SikhSangat, how far can a relationship go between a boy and a girl?

My sister is not currently amritshak but i've suspected her of being relly close to an amrittari boy. I dont see anything wrong cos I know they not dodgy people and must be doing everything to the maryada. They make a nice couple in my head and I think its why my sister wants to become amrit shakked.

I will not be surprised if a marriage proposal is made :| It would be cool to have an elder brother good in sikhi (and to play cricket wiv) but if this contacting is wrong then he must be dodgy.

Im still a beginner sikh finishing college and hope to do amrit shak and become guru da sikh.

gupy

WJKK WJKF

well panji/veerji.....having relationships before marraige isn't right.....becuz we must look at the opposite sex as our sis/bro.....and even if they think they can control....it sometimes happenz that they can't ji....and so i think its better if they didint go this far and try to make a relationship....and well yuo did say that a marraige proposal could be made.....well then i can't really say anything.....and uummm....they shouldn't be doing anything lustful especially in public.....das jus makin their sikhi gion down and plus ur sister must be extra careful because no one will care about the guy....he'll be walking around watever watever but wen it comes to your sister if anyone recogtnizes her they'll immedietly start tokin and sayin oh that was their daughter wat was she doing with that guy? and stuff like that.....ive realized one thing and das da fact that usually that honour of the entire family lies in the daughter's hands.....if she messes up her whole family is humuliated....so she must be careful....and khalsaforce veerji/panji i undestand wat u sayin too cuz its very true.....and well ya....sorry if i made any mistakes...i made lots...bhul chuk muaf

WJKK WJKF