Mera Sohna Watan Punjab, Kitha Giya?

Today I spoke with my father, who is currently in Punjab. He has been there for the last couple months. My grandmother was very ill and so my father went with my uncle on an emergency trip to see my grandma. She passed away two weeks into their visit. Akaal Purakh blessed my father, my uncle , and my other uncle from England, the opportunity to serve their mother in her last days. What more can someone ask for? She lived a long beautiful life to the age of 87.

Well, I asked my father, so how is Punjab? I'd like to point out that I lived in Punjab for about 41/2 years, 1981-1985….We visited about every four years…The last time I visited was in 1996, around the time the last of the kharkoos were eliminated.

My father became very sad and said, Punjab is not the same anymore. He said all he sees is the youth doing drugs and the crime is way up. People on drugs are robbing people's homes to get money to buy drugs. He says even in Guru ghars, people don't follow maryada and walk around without their heads covered. He said the Doaba, where we live, is especially bad because a lot of the educated people are leaving for foreign countries and the region is left with a majority of very ignorant people.

I asked him if the whole incident in Manji sahib was a big deal there..He said no one even cares in Punjab. He said people in Punjab are so ignorant of everyday events that they don't care about anything sikhi related….I said Simranjit Singh Mann got his turban knocked off, does anyone care, he said most people don't care or don't know. He told me to forget about khalistan. He said if I were to see Punjab today, I would be very disappointed.

He had a sadness in his voice, a great great disappointment. The sad thing is that this is the third or fourth person I have heard this kind of news from. This coming from my father made it even worse.

Sorry for the long post. I know many people have written on this very subject. All I would like to say is, where is my Punjab? Where is the Punjab of our gurus? Why have you people ruined my Punjab?

Guest militant singh

i FELL the same way u do .............................. but we gota keep strong evrytime i go back it gets worse and worse hurts and hits home when u realise 4 me if i didnt have my faith i wouldnt have nuffin and these people are destriying it serves cats like avtar makkar right singhs should bang up all these traitors badal lot and dat im not proud of 2days panjab listen 2 panjab da ghumaan on shaheedi 400 immortals album expresses the truth of what My and urs panjab has become and u still get S**tHeads who oppose the freedom movemnet all i can say is we need the dirt out of our faith .... a fresh start I hope 1 day we can all cross paths and go and do something 4 our beloved homelnad the beautiful panjab and historical panjab is almost mythilogical nw u cant imagine that the same land produced Lions and soormeh and it had such a beautiful history sprayed with sacrifice and dignity

Guest PunjabSingh

Today I spoke with my father, who is currently in Punjab. He has been there for the last couple months. My grandmother was very ill and so my father went with my uncle on an emergency trip to see my grandma. She passed away two weeks into their visit. Akaal Purakh blessed my father, my uncle , and my other uncle from England, the opportunity to serve their mother in her last days. What more can someone ask for? She lived a long beautiful life to the age of 87.

Well, I asked my father, so how is Punjab? I'd like to point out that I lived in Punjab for about 41/2 years, 1981-1985….We visited about every four years…The last time I visited was in 1996, around the time the last of the kharkoos were eliminated.

My father became very sad and said, Punjab is not the same anymore. He said all he sees is the youth doing drugs and the crime is way up. People on drugs are robbing people's homes to get money to buy drugs. He says even in Guru ghars, people don't follow maryada and walk around without their heads covered. He said the Doaba, where we live, is especially bad because a lot of the educated people are leaving for foreign countries and the region is left with a majority of very ignorant people.

I asked him if the whole incident in Manji sahib was a big deal there..He said no one even cares in Punjab. He said people in Punjab are so ignorant of everyday events that they don't care about anything sikhi related….I said Simranjit Singh Mann got his turban knocked off, does anyone care, he said most people don't care or don't know. He told me to forget about khalistan. He said if I were to see Punjab today, I would be very disappointed.

He had a sadness in his voice, a great great disappointment. The sad thing is that this is the third or fourth person I have heard this kind of news from. This coming from my father made it even worse.

Sorry for the long post. I know many people have written on this very subject. All I would like to say is, where is my Punjab? Where is the Punjab of our gurus? Why have you people ruined my Punjab?

Im in Punjab and I second what your father says .

Media has always been biased against true Sikhs .

It is time the young generation like you living in foreign countries come back to their motherland and do something for your motherland rather than sit in AC rooms and comment about Khalistan on various forums on the net.

Come here,feel the heat.Feel what Shaheeds' families are going through.

You people have left Punjab and the vacuum created is being filled up by bhaiyaas .With bhaiyaas comes another culture,drugs,crime etc .

das nimana

We (so called NRI) cannot do anything unless we go there and work for the betterment. All we do (including me) is go to india or punjab, convert our dollars into lakhs and spend like some crazy man and when punjabi youth see us spending money like crazy.. they get discouraged and all they want is to day dream of going abroad instead of rebuilding their self esteem and work for the society betterment. I suggest that its UPTO the punjabi Youth to get up and stand on their feet and rebuild the strong economy and have the strong pro punjab news/media. Its the punjabi youth who needs to bring back punjab what it was decades ago and one can start without getting into politics.

hore sajna kee haal hai,

theek thaak?yeah u r right that punjab is going down and down.I feel u man but as DAS NIMANA has said that NRI's want to see the punjab in the same way as they left it but they want to throw all the responsibility on the punjabis living there.I have lived my first 25 yrs in punjab and i know how the ppl living in villages r getting poor and ppor.

And i'm not going to say that u have to really come to punjab today.Keep doing whatever u r doing, if u r studying study hard with some purpose in ur mind towards punjab cuz if u get a nice jjob or business or whatever u can help ppl of punjab financially or maybe for buying weapons oneday.That'll be upto u.U KNOW WHO TOLD ME THIS?ONE KHARKOO SINGH TOLD ME ALL THAT.HE WAS A STUDENT OF MY DAD, AND ONE DAY HE CAME TO MY HOME TO TALK TO MY DAD.HE TOLD ME THAT THIS MOVEMENT IS GOING TO FAIL ONE DAY CUZ PPL WHO R COMING(MAJORITY OF THEM) R NOT EDUCATED,AS THEY DONT KNOW ABOUT THE SIKH HISTORY,THEY DONT EVEN KNOW THE BOUNDARIES OF PUNJAB OR INDIA AND THEYDONT EVEN KNOW THE PURPOSE OF THEIR FIGHT.THEY JUST KNOW ONE WORD KHALISTAN.SO WE NEED PPL WHO R EDUCATED,SO GO AND STUDY BE AN OFFICER IN ARMY ORSOMETHING ELSE AND THEN COME TO FIGHT FOR KHALISTAN IN A SOLDIER WAY OR A DIPLOMATIC WAY.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE HE IS NOW, THERES NO NEWS ABOUT HIM.

And if u really care about punjab, what is that u were there in 1996 last time?Mitra bus gallan karnian hee aundiyan ya fir koi pyar vee hai?Go to punjab every year and pick one boy or girl whos 5-6 yrs old and whos parents cannot pay them for their education and then put him/her in a nice school/hostel(baru sahib or whatever u prefer), and one day he/she will be an important person for punjab.How much thats going to cost ? just 2000 US dollars a year.If u dont have that, just stop eating burgers and pizzas etc.Lets do it, lets do something for our motherland.Just save ur money, cuz if u really want to go on that path, then nothing is urs everything is of ur motherland where u came from?

baki i agree with u that simranjeet

changa mitra,

fer milange.

Im in Punjab and I second what your father says .

Media has always been biased against true Sikhs .

It is time the young generation like you living in foreign countries come back to their motherland and do something for your motherland rather than sit in AC rooms and comment about Khalistan on various forums on the net.

Come here,feel the heat.Feel what Shaheeds' families are going through.

You people have left Punjab and the vacuum created is being filled up by bhaiyaas .With bhaiyaas comes another culture,drugs,crime etc .

das nimana

I live in the UK and we dont have AC rooms- we have centrel heating :| , mind you its been hot these couple of days

Guest PunjabSingh

U KNOW WHO TOLD ME THIS?ONE KHARKOO SINGH TOLD ME ALL THAT.HE WAS A STUDENT OF MY DAD, AND ONE DAY HE CAME TO MY HOME TO TALK TO MY DAD.HE TOLD ME THAT THIS MOVEMENT IS GOING TO FAIL ONE DAY CUZ PPL WHO R COMING(MAJORITY OF THEM) R NOT EDUCATED,AS THEY DONT KNOW ABOUT THE SIKH HISTORY,THEY DONT EVEN KNOW THE BOUNDARIES OF PUNJAB OR INDIA AND THEYDONT EVEN KNOW THE PURPOSE OF THEIR FIGHT.THEY JUST KNOW ONE WORD KHALISTAN.SO WE NEED PPL WHO R EDUCATED,SO GO AND STUDY BE AN OFFICER IN ARMY ORSOMETHING ELSE AND THEN COME TO FIGHT FOR KHALISTAN IN A SOLDIER WAY OR A DIPLOMATIC WAY.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE HE IS NOW, THERES NO NEWS ABOUT HIM

This reminds me a person I happened to have conversation with on the net .

That person claimed to be a "communist" and later he told me that his father was once close to Bhai Amrik Singh and was there near about the time when operation bluestar took place.

I became very interested as I had met someone whose father had been close to the real kharkoos.I told him to show his picture.When I saw his picture I was surprised to see a completely clean shaven person with cropped hair .

On seeing that I was a turbanator he tried to talk some some negative things about Bhai Amrik Singh and other shaheeds .Later on he told me that his father was a Sikh at the time of Operation Bluestar and later he cut his hair .At the same time he was talking about girls of Amritsar and his affairs.

I at once realised that here is a typical sikh lad of the present generation who have left their sikhi and are into sex and drugs these days which is exactly opposite Gurmat.

Actually I was angry at his father who being so close to Sant Bhindranwale instead of telling his son to follow the path of a true Gursikh instead himself became an anti sikh.

The true Gursikhs became shaheed during Operation Bluestar and we are left with the scum which we can see even today .

These people surrendered before the security forces or were actively involved in helping the security forces during the operation .

Among the leaders who came out with their hands up in front of the army were Prakash Chand Badal,Gurcharan Tohra,Longowal,Balwant Ramoowalia,various jathedars of Akaal Takht,Darbar Sahib,SGPC employees(like we see today).

Not only this we had Sikh Students Federation leaders like Harminder Singh Sandhu,Amarjeet Singh Chawla,Rajender Singh Mehta,Virsa Singh Valtoha,Harminder Singh Gill and others .

All these were considered close to Sant ji and committed to the cause but began to show their true colors after getting out of jail.May be they came out of jail after spending less time in jails after compromising with GOI.

Rajender Singh Mehta and Amarjit Singh Chawla formed Sikh Students Federation(Mehta Chawla) and later aligned themselves with badal .Badal gave them posts of directors of various boards for their wafadaari.

This very federation was involved in the attack on Akali Dal(Mann) leaders at Akaal Takht Sahib.

Then we have Virsa Singh Valtoha ,he is again a badal dal activist and is now a chairman of some board.

Another similar person is Harminder Singh Gill who is again a chairman of Public Service Commission affiliated to "congress".

So we see the true Khalistan warriors have either become shaheed or in various jails in india or are living in foreign countries which we are left with the scum who are after "chairmanships","waziris","ministries",'kursis"

and living for their own selfish deeds.

However we still have some committed Gursikhs in Punjab but the above mentioned people are not letting them perform even politically .

Just yesterday some SGPC men attacked the dera of Tarna Dal(Baba Deep Singh) which is anti badal .But Baba Deep Singh said that they will not tolerate such attacks by badal men.

These filthy scum associted with badal,congress,bjp,rss.GOI can go to any extent for "vote" and "kursi".They can even indulge in Sikh versus Sikh civil war for their "vote" and "kursi".

The true Khalistan warriors died for their principles but had never had "vote" or "kursi" in their minds.

We are today remembering one of those Khalistan shaheeds General Labh Singh who attained martyrdom on July 12,1988 at Tanda near Mukerian.

PPL WHO R COMING(MAJORITY OF THEM) R NOT EDUCATED,AS THEY DONT KNOW ABOUT THE SIKH HISTORY,THEY DONT EVEN KNOW THE BOUNDARIES OF PUNJAB OR INDIA AND THEYDONT EVEN KNOW THE PURPOSE OF THEIR FIGHT.THEY JUST KNOW ONE WORD KHALISTAN.SO WE NEED PPL WHO R EDUCATED,SO GO AND STUDY BE AN OFFICER IN ARMY ORSOMETHING ELSE AND THEN COME TO FIGHT FOR KHALISTAN IN A SOLDIER WAY OR A DIPLOMATIC WAY.

I dont agree.Many kharkoos may have been uneducated in "duniavee padhaiyee" but they were very high in "Gurmat Padhaiyee".

I dont about the kharkoo singh you are talking about may be he's uneducated in both studies:Earthly and Gurmat .

It can be easily said that Sant Bhindranwale was a scholar in every way although he had not studied in any school except the religious school "Damdami Taksal".

Earthly studies makes a person Manmukh,whereas Gurmat studies makes a person Gurmukh.

Earthly studies lead to "kaam","krodh","lobh","ahankaar" whereas Gurmat studies kills all these.

I also disagree with this that one should join the indian army and then come up to fight for Khalistan.In the army one is first brainwashed and made to believe that an enemy is an enemy no matter who it is.It may even be your own brother.They are brainwashed in the names of "secularism" and "duty" .We all know most of people go in army for their livelyhood rather than anything else.

A Sikh can either be in the Khalsa army or in the army of any other country including india.Im saying this from the own experience.We hardly have any true Khalsa in the Indian army these days.Those days are gone when we had true Gursikhs in the army.

One young person who is in Indian army told me that they kill terrorists and then bathe in their blood.He said even US army personell were shocked.He said this with a sense of pride.

Indian Army has been involved in rapes,molestation of woman,beating of people in railway compartments,bullying etc etc.

Mr sbw1845 you can not argue with me .We know about the US army's activities in Iraq.

das nimana

its soo sad...

thts y ppl have a valid reason to say tht no one want a khalistan!!

and they r correct...

becoz u see ureself ...no one cares in punjab... and when we (mostly frm he west) say sikhi needs khalistan...then ppl point fingers on us...y

the answer is in front of ure eyes!!

i dont have any power..nor any funding rite now..still struggling to settle in a foreign land...

but i can give my opinion.... seriously....spread sikhi in punjab...it is going away..and it will take to come back... i was watching a video of april 84 keertan by dulla ji...

and the sangat thre was sooo chardikalla singh and singhnis...

nowadays...i see less pughs in amritsar streets...

sikhi...is not dying spiritually...it will never die...

but whts the use if u cannot even c it....??????

we need a leader.... a religious leader.... again....politics can be played later...but we need someone who can infuse the spirit of sikhi in india...

we say sant ji ne sutti kaum jagayee...

yes he did ...but tht kaum is dead decade ago...and lil bit left is all in west...

so the kaum in india has again gone in hibernation!!!

we have been labelled as terrorists...deshdrohis (tht is agains nation)... we were alwys a joke for them anywys (i remember my school days)... very few ppl feel to be proud as a sikh in india...thts the REAL reason ...

they feel ..they r not "kool"...

if i wud have been living in india..i wud have been a mona..thts 500% for sure....

even in canada...if i wud have not met the sangat... i was soon going to be a "yo yo " person...

me still struggling ...its not easy... it takes time...

SO THE POINT IS ..WHT I FEEL IS THT.. INFUSE THE SPIRIT OF SIKHI ...RELIGIOUS TEACHING IN PUNJAB.... i dont kno whts wrong with the ppl thre..so corrupted politics...our gurudware..our religious "heads" are soooooo corrupt.... even my dad laughs when i speak abt sikhi and khalistan... even he has forgotten... i dunno... how can he forget..my dad even didnt come out for 3 days ...he was in bombay during the 84 masssacre...

mayb thts wht indian culture is..forget and move on... but i cant!!

pray.gif .... i dunno wht to say...me getting tooo senti rite now,...byeee