Bomb Blasts In Srinagar And Bombay

Guest PunjabSingh

ManMohan Kaur has made his token statement...

In New Delhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh tonight reviewed the security situation in the aftermath of blasts in Mumbai and Srinagar after which he expressed the government's resolve :| to "fight and defeat the evil designs of terrorists".

"We will work to defeat the evil designs of terrorists and will not allow them to succeed," LOL.gif Singh said in a statement read out by Patil after the meeting which was also attended by National Security Advisor M K Narayanan, Home Secretary V K Duggal and IB Chief E S L Narasimham.

Even a token show of tough talk was not forthcoming. The collective spine and nads of the Indian political class have so completely atrophied that they are not even capable of talking tough. We don't even expect tough action, just tough talk will do and they can't even deliver that.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PunjabSingh

On a different note Sikhs have so far got nothing from Manmohan Kaur.

By the way Im quite sure Sikhs are not involved in either the Srinagar or Bombay blasts .

No one is blaming Sikhs. I have been following it all day. Pretty disturbing to watch chaos on TV. In the morning, there were 5 blasts in Srinagar in a span of 3.5 hours in which 5 are said to have died. Tourists and maybe Hindu pilgrims going to Amarnath were the main target it seems. In the evening there were 7 blasts in Mumbai in a span of just 12 minutes, all in local trains. The timing of the bombs was done in such a way that maximum deaths occur. 6 million people are daily on the trains returning home from work at the time of these blasts. Here the target were the working middle class of Mumbai, India's commercial/economic capital. The number of dead in Mumbai is rising constantly. The bombs were placed in the first class compartment because there is alot of space in there while the rest of the compartments are jam packed. The people were really mad at the police for not doing their part. People helped each other to the max and the display of humanity was soul stirring. One of the bombs went off in a ladies compartment. Even old people and children were not spared. Almost all major Indian cities have been put on high alert. May Waheguruji bless all those affected.

Guest PunjabSingh

Read the news today. It is reali devastating to see the pictures. Let us all pray for all of those who were killed and for those who are fighting for their lives in the hospital.

Waheguru Rakha

Yes this is the real Sikh spirit of "Sarbat da bhalla" .

Such dastardly acts have to be condemned by all.

Sikhs have no involvement in these incidents.

I wish Hindus or atleast the middle class hindus had said similar words after the 1984 anti sikh pogroms but no one did .

Instead many were happy at teaching the Sikhs a lesson.Though some people will start arguing with me here that some hindus did help the sikhs during the pogroms but such instances are few and only in case of punjabi hindus in delhi.

To add salt to the wounds the indian parliament has to date not expressed regret about those 1984 pogroms.

Moreover no one has been punished so far .

Similarly hindus distributed sweets after Operation bluestar .

So you see the difference between Khalistan and Hindustan demoncrazy.

das nimana

Sat Sri Akal Sangat.

Well Somebody asked OVEr here asked that if nyone is here in Mumbai to tell what has exactly happened.

I stay at Matunga that is at one of the suburbs at which the Blast happened ****and im a live witness to the blast that happened in front of me and will post the pics frm my own digicam.

My house is right next to the station and i was having my evening tea in my balcony of the Railway Flat where i stay and then this train was pasing by as ny other normal train ...thsi was only till the the blast sound captured everyones attention.....people started shouting and jumped out of the runnign train as soon as they came back to the senses to realise what had happened and even I was dumbstruck for a moment....*me and my family were very lucky as my Father had arrived a few minutes earlier ie 2-3 trains earlier*...and i was a little late for going out.

**then the train halted and evryone jumped out of it and there was a lot of support frm common public ...i took my tools and helped people cross the rly fencing and some ladies also came to our place to inform their near and dear ones that they were fine....but the people who were in side the comptmnt that had blast were nt as lucky as the people tried to rescue the injured and battered bodies one by one on strecher ...polies was there but a little late (as usual) and then if nothing else but there were heavy rains and the Whole Mumbai Local Trains were halted because these serial blasts which took everyone by surprise....The rly coach was all debri in seconds but the Mumbai public did what ever they cud do**

**Right now when im posting this message things are looking much better and the trains have started .Sad part is Death toll has risen frm 90 till yesterday evening to 190 today afternoon.abt 650-700 are injured and are in the Various hospitals ...the city has faught back like nything and most of all the common public has acted like true heroes...they offered water and tea to the commuter of the overcrowded buses as there was no other mode of Transport.

If i need to explain the severeness of the Blast and intensity i can go on and on but the fact remains that it was a very Cowardly act by mankind and Foriegn Forces like LET have been suspected along with the D-Gang.

If there is ny info u need more plz rely or my email is akitosforever@yahoo.co.in

Here is one Pic rest are vids:Ill be uloading the Vids soon

bombblasts11070620os.th.jpg

Got this in an email today.

A letter from Bombay (that's the spirit)

Dear Terrorist,

Even if you are not reading this we don't care. Time and again you tried to disturb us and disrupt our life - killing innocent civilians by planting bombs in trains, buses and cars. You have tried hard to bring death and destruction, cause panic and fear and create communal disharmony but everytime you were disgustingly unsuccessful. Do you know how we pass our life in Mumbai? How much it takes for us to earn that single rupee? If you wanted to give us a shock then we are sorry to say that you failed miserably in your ulterior motives. Better look elsewere, not here.

We are not Hindus and Muslims or Gujaratis and Marathis or Punjabis and Bengaliies. Nor do we distinguish ourselves as owners or workers, govt. employees or private employees. WE ARE MUMBAIKERS (Bombay-ites, if you like). We will not allow you to disrupt our life like this. On the last few occassions when you struck (including the 7 deadly blasts in a single day killing over 250 people and injuring 500+ in 1993), we went to work next day in full strength. This time we cleared everything within a few hours and were back to normal - the vendors placing their next order, businessmen finalizing the next deals and the office workers rushing to catch the next train. (Yes the same train you targetted)

Fathom this: Within 3 hours of the blasts, long queues of blood donating volunteers were seen outside various hospital, where most of the injured were admitted. By 12 midnight, the hospital had to issue a notification that blood banks were full and they didn't require any more blood. The next day, attendance at schools and office was close to 100%, trains & buses were packed to the brim, the crowds were back.

The city has simply dusted itself off and moved one - perhaps with greater vigour.

We are Mumbaikers and we live like brothers in times like this. So, do not dare to threaten us with your crackers. The spirit of Mumbai is very strong and can not be harmed.

Please forward this to others. U never know, by chance it may come to hands of a terrorist in Afghanistan, Pakistan or Iraq and he can then read this message which is specially meant for him!!!

With Love,

From the people of Mumbai (Bombay)

Does anyone know if any British Sikhs were caught up in anyway (victims/witnesses) in the Mumbai train bombings.

Following a Press Release from the Sikh Federation (UK) this morning condemning the bombing of innocents ITN News have been in touch with the Federation and would be interested to cover it from a British Sikh angle.

Please email the Sikh Federation (UK) ASAP on sikhfederationuk@yahoo.co.uk if you know of any British Sikh that could assist.