Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji To Be Taken To Hall

R4G

I just e-mailed them this.

========================

Dear Sir or Madam

As a member of the British Sikh community I am deeply distressed about a Sikh religious ceremony to be performed at your premises on 16 July 2006.

This ceremony is performed in the presence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji (revered Holy Scriptures of Sikhism). However it is blasphemous to take Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji to a hotel, halls etc because substances like alcohol, tobacco & meat are present within these complexes.

Sri Akal Takht Sahib is the Sikh equivalent to the Vatican City of Roman Catholics. This Institution compiles religious code of conduct and has ordered Sikhs worldwide that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji cannot be taken to places where alcohol, meat or tobacco is served because it is against the principles and ethics of Sikhism.

This is an important issue within the Sikh community as Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, revered as the living Guru of the Sikhs, is being exploited primarily for pretence and monetary gain.

It would be sensible if the Centre did not allow Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji (revered Holy Scriptures of Sikhism) on their premise as so not to cause offence to the Sikh community.

Thankyou for reading my e-mail.

===============================================

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

It looks like calls are being diverted to voicemail. Please leave a message on the voicemail of the centre.

Where is Maharaj's Saroop coming from and who are the granthi/ragis? Has anyone spoken to the Granthis (who should know better)! Might be good to get in touch with them too...

Maharaj's saroop is coming from Maidenhead near Slough. There's meant to be some freelance jatha from there, anyone know who they are?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

It looks like calls are being diverted to voicemail. Please leave a message on the voicemail of the centre.

Where is Maharaj's Saroop coming from and who are the granthi/ragis? Has anyone spoken to the Granthis (who should know better)! Might be good to get in touch with them too...

Maharaj's saroop is coming from Maidenhead near Slough. There's meant to be some freelance jatha from there, anyone know who they are?

Maybe Gurdwaras in Maidenhead will know.

Guru Nanak Sat Sang Sabha, 31 Rutland Road, Maidenhead, SL6 4HT

Tel: 01628 673329 Contact Mr Karnail Singh Pannu (karnailpannu@yahoo.co.uk)

Sri Guru Nanak Gurdwara and Sikh Community Centre, 30/32 Cumberland Road, Reading, RG1 3LB Tel: 0118 962 3836 Contact Mr Mohinder Singh Buttar (General Secretary)

Looks like no ones that interested in this issue so I thought I better BUMP it up.

People more interested in bashing the babay or the jathay or concerned about the contents of langer! Come on guys, need the Sangat's help here. Please do not let the beadbi of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's Saroop take place in Watford this weekend.

Ring/Email the centre above.

Looks like no ones that interested in this issue so I thought I better BUMP it up.

People more interested in bashing the babay or the jathay or concerned about the contents of langer! Come on guys, need the Sangat's help here. Please do not let the beadbi of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's Saroop take place in Watford this weekend.

chatting about jaswant singh or akjs or bamans wont stop anything. ring the centre up and at least do something productive!!!!! looks like a protest this weekend if we carry on wasting time on meaningless things ohmy.gif

chatting about jaswant singh or akjs or bamans wont stop anything. ring the centre up and at least do something productive!!!!! looks like a protest this weekend if we carry on wasting time on meaningless things ohmy.gif

If there is a need for protest, also makesure you turn up!

Keep ringing in and emailing in!

The Centre Manager

The Mutli-Racial Community Centre

70 Durban Road West

Watford

Hertfordshire

WD18 7DS

Dear Sir or Madam

In February 2006 we wrote to all London Hotels informing them about trends of unscrupulous Sikh priests and Sikh Temple Management misguiding Sikh families to conduct Sikh Religious Wedding Rites in Hotels or Banqueting Suites. Sikh Marriages can only be performed in the presence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji (Sikh Holy Scriptures revered as the embodiment of God). However it is sacrilegious to bring Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji to such premises where alcohol, meat & tobacco are served.

We have received some very positive feed back from organisations like Docklands Excel, Le Meridien, and Blackpool Hilton. These organisations will not allow any Sikh Religious Ceremonies take place within the hotel or banqueting premises.

It has been brought to our attention that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji will be brought to Multi-Racial Community Centre on 16th July 2006. We ask you to not allow Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji onto your premises on 16th July 2006 and for the foreseeable future.

The Sikh Sangat at MRCC committee will no longer be holding programmes at the Community Centre as only Watford Sikh Gurdwara can prove the ideal environment for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

These individuals who wish to hold their programme at MRCC 16th July are not willing to accept the decision of the majority. Please support the Sikh Community to stop corrupt individuals profiting from selling Sikh Religious principles and feelings.

Thank You

Ajeet Singh Rai