What Should U Say to someone who asks you out?

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

bhaji who ever said this person isnt attractive??? i might like sum1 but i like our Guru ji more...and hopefully Guru ji will continue to give me the strength to control myself......i'm around ur age too so i could say yes but i decide not to...i want to keep it in the hands of Guru jiand hopefully i will stay that way

ok so, you like him too? if you like him n he likes you, then wats the problem. get the parents involved.

I wasnt talking about the guy not being attractive,,looks fade away pretty fast. as long as the guy is heathy it should be ok,, you should be looking for values. all i'm saying is that if a amritdhari (a guy with sikhi values) is interested and the family is nice there is no harm in checking it out. now, you might want to get your parents involved thats upto you.

if someone asked me out, my first question would be something along the lines of, whats the possibility of this going all the way?. i dont want no fling on the side type of thing.

i know people will tell you o this is a test, guru wants to see if you'll say yes. ok fine it might be, but also, wat if its an opportunity. look at both sides of the coin before you make a decision.

instead of just saying no you could say something like "if you are really interested then tell your parents to talk to my parents and if they agree then i'll go out with you" saying that will weed out the ones that are looking to just "get it on".

man...read my post! i cudnt care less about muh interests..i care about guru jis interests...ps he's muslim!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man...read my post! i cudnt care less about muh interests..i care about guru jis interests...ps he's muslim!!

ok well then theres no question its a no rolleyes.gif

EDIT: I wonder how one would react if an amritdhari (payar wala sikh) asks them out??

hmm, why is this becoming such a big issue for the youth of today, when sikhi is getting across to them in far much better ways, where ever you go, sikhi is there, internet, multi-media, and yet some people don't see the hidden aspect of sikhi, reaching to the Eternal One, He is your only true love, the One you should "go out with".... not to offend everyone or anyone, i have also been asked by so many girls to go out or so called, have a date!? - what i would tell them is my situation as a child of the Guru. I make them understand my religion, my beliefs, my views, and what God Himself has set for us.

I tend to go on if they still dont understand, and believe it or not, they actually become intrested into listening to you if you explain them with your pyar and mithi avaj (sweat way of speaking with great love and respect). They will ask me questions while i am speaking, i have no objection with that, i actually find it very comfortable for them to ask me something about sikhi, relationship with girls etc.

I tell them that having affairs is a bad thing, why? because we all know that Guru ji has kept a girl or guy for us, He makes the best choices for us. Think of it this way, if you were to go out with a guy or girl and after its over, you are married and one day your wife or children ask you if you had an affair, and if you have self-respect, you would in-fact think not twice but many times to answer that question and will haunt you forever with the guilt that - why did i do it!? etc...

So let me put it this way, you can avoid so-called "affaris" and have a friend relationship if you want to understand each other better. As for the denial part, you can try what i did and tell them about your sikhi and your love for Guru ji and that He has the perfect girl for you and you dont want to go into this type of situation as yet, ofcourse you can put this in a much better and respect way, by means of also communicating it with strong belief.

There was this one coloured girl who i had the experience with, she used to go out with a lot of guys, and i was her next target, i explained to her and she kept smiling throughout, after i had finished, i asked her why she was smiling, she replied " If only i was in your place" just that made me feel more proud to be a sikh and even raised and glorified my love for Guru ji.

Ok now, i think i said enough now... back tp Chemistry and Physics now :D

bulla chukha leh maf(ph), i never read the whole thread tongue.gif

i have a question and i dont wana offend anybody but i figured since a lot of bhan jis and bha jis use this forum that maybe i'll get some good insight...

ok here it goes:

what should you say to someone who asks you out??are you supposed to throw the whole religious thing at them...but how do you do that without sounding too weird?? what if it's someone that's not in your religion and they have no clue what u're talking about?? or are there any other ways to say no without ruining the relationship and making the other person feel bad/hurting their feelings?

tell me what u guys think.

Personally, I tell them OK, We go out have fun; just as GOOD FRIENDS, nothing more then that... But If someone asks for a relationship i just tell them not till i do something, but we can go out anytime you(they) want as friends... LOL.gifLOL.gif (Which i'm not sure about, whether i will or not)

What i wrote above is what my dad tells me..lol...lol... LOL.gif and I OBEY IT...

+++++ I'm A Great PERSUDER, so never had problem... :D :@

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

hmm, why is this becoming such a big issue for the youth of today, when sikhi is getting across to them in far much better ways, where ever you go, sikhi is there, internet, multi-media, and yet some people don't see the hidden aspect of sikhi, reaching to the Eternal One, He is your only true love, the One you should "go out with".... not to offend everyone or anyone, i have also been asked by so many girls to go out or so called, have a date!? - what i would tell them is my situation as a child of the Guru. I make them understand my religion, my beliefs, my views, and what God Himself has set for us.

I tend to go on if they still dont understand, and believe it or not, they actually become intrested into listening to you if you explain them with your pyar and mithi avaj (sweat way of speaking with great love and respect). They will ask me questions while i am speaking, i have no objection with that, i actually find it very comfortable for them to ask me something about sikhi, relationship with girls etc.

I tell them that having affairs is a bad thing, why? because we all know that Guru ji has kept a girl or guy for us, He makes the best choices for us. Think of it this way, if you were to go out with a guy or girl and after its over, you are married and one day your wife or children ask you if you had an affair, and if you have self-respect, you would in-fact think not twice but many times to answer that question and will haunt you forever with the guilt that - why did i do it!? etc...

So let me put it this way, you can avoid so-called "affaris" and have a friend relationship if you want to understand each other better. As for the denial part, you can try what i did and tell them about your sikhi and your love for Guru ji and that He has the perfect girl for you and you dont want to go into this type of situation as yet, ofcourse you can put this in a much better and respect way, by means of also communicating it with strong belief.

There was this one coloured girl who i had the experience with, she used to go out with a lot of guys, and i was her next target, i explained to her and she kept smiling throughout, after i had finished, i asked her why she was smiling, she replied " If only i was in your place" just that made me feel more proud to be a sikh and even raised and glorified my love for Guru ji.

Ok now, i think i said enough now... back tp Chemistry and Physics now :D

bulla chukha leh maf(ph), i never read the whole thread tongue.gif

I agree that explaining sikhi and ur values not only lessens the tension b/w u 2, but it also helpd the other person understand that u're not dissing them but u do infact like them in a different way (as a bro/sis) and it might actually make the person respect u more.........in this way it doesnt kill anybody's ego

Thas a whole heap of longness!!!!

I hope HardKaurWarrorz got ur advice you were looking for, interesting views amongst the funny business. Jokes aside, a pretty RELEVANT topic for the youth of today, these issues need to be addressed:

FOR THAT MATTER, A Sikh Girl asked me - Sikhism preaches equality for all (she is seeing a white guy)

SO WHY HAVE I BEEN DISOWNED BY MY PARENTS FOR GOING OUT WITH A WHITE GUY Now, I know this is wrong but to be honest I couldnt back it up with a STONEWALL ANSWER does anyone have one? Gurbani/Other SENSIBLE ANSWER.... :TH:

Thas a whole heap of longness!!!!

I hope HardKaurWarrorz got ur advice you were looking for, interesting views amongst the funny business. Jokes aside, a pretty RELEVANT topic for the youth of today, these issues need to be addressed:

FOR THAT MATTER, A Sikh Girl asked me - Sikhism preaches equality for all (she is seeing a white guy)

SO WHY HAVE I BEEN DISOWNED BY MY PARENTS FOR GOING OUT WITH A WHITE GUY Now, I know this is wrong but to be honest I couldnt back it up with a STONEWALL ANSWER does anyone have one? Gurbani/Other SENSIBLE ANSWER.... :TH:

i think parents take it to the extreme when they "disown" their kids for going out with someone who is not a sikh. they should sit em down and try to explain to their kids what life will be like if they go through with a relationship like that. for example, having two people of drastically different background is bound to cause tension in the marraige(white vs brown in this case). in the end one will have to sacrifice their values to keep the marraige and in today's society you can easily guess who thats going to be. is she willing to go through that?

and ofcourse then the good ol question of what religion kids would follow. parents should explain that its VERY important to them that the kids get raised as sikh kids.

i'm not saying that it will never work, it might BUT sticking to your religion when it comes to marraige simplifies things a lot, for both the parents and the kids involved.