First Women To Take Amrit.

Barik

Who was the first women to take amrit. Some one asked me that question and i didn't know the answer. I couldn't find any refrence anywhere. Is there any refrence women taking amrint in Guru gobind singh sahib's writings?

Please educate me.

Thanks!

~ Barik

Guest Narinder Singh

Who was the first women to take amrit. Some one asked me that question and i didn't know the answer. I couldn't find any refrence anywhere. Is there any refrence women taking amrint in Guru gobind singh sahib's writings?

Please educate me.

Thanks!

~ Barik

The first person to have the blessing of Guru Ji's Amrit was a woman, and that woman was Bibi Nanaki (Guru Nanak Dev Ji's sister).

Fateh

Those who say that women didnt take khande dee phaul, are completely wrong. How is it possible that Mata Sahib Kaur Ji, the Mother of the Khalsa, wasnt khalsa herself? Or mata Bhaag Kaur Ji, who led the Khalsa Army out onto the battle field,wasnt Khalsa herself?

So,those such as Mata Sahib Kaur Ji and Mata Bhaag Kaur Ji

People need to stop making such ridiculous claims, that women didnt take khande da amrit, our bhainjis are our equals in EVERYWAY.

Books I mentioned did not mention any women taking 'Khande Ki Pahul'. Brother 'Barik' wants 'reference', not 'logic'. See my articles: http://www.amritworld.com/kirpan_da_amrit.html and http://www.amritworld.com/hazooree_maryada...an_da_amrit.pdf

Those who say that women didnt take khande dee phaul, are completely wrong. How is it possible that Mata Sahib Kaur Ji, the Mother of the Khalsa, wasnt khalsa herself? Or mata Bhaag Kaur Ji, who led the Khalsa Army out onto the battle field,wasnt Khalsa herself?

So,those such as Mata Sahib Kaur Ji and Mata Bhaag Kaur Ji

People need to stop making such ridiculous claims, that women didnt take khande da amrit, our bhainjis are our equals in EVERYWAY.

Read Hukamnamas by Mata Sahib Devaan Ji. Where did she call herself 'Kaur'? It is 'Devaan'. :T:

Brother 'Barik' asked for references. You can tell him about 'Guru Keeyaan Saakhiyan' to satisfy the people who do not know that it is modified by its editors. :T:

Guest Narinder Singh

Today we refer to amazing Sikh women such as Mai Bhag Kaur as "Mai Bhago", and Mata Sundri Kaur as "Mata Sundri", and even Mata Gujar Kaur as "Mata Gujri". Would we ever refer to Bhai Taru Singh Ji as "Bhai Tar", or Baba Deep Singh Ji as "Baba Deep". All the women in Sikh history took Amrit whether is was Khande-Pahul Da Amrit or Charan-Pahul Da Amrit. It's these MACHO men who have changed history to water down the signifigant role Sikh women played in Sikh history.

But yes, Barik veerji did as for reference and not logic, so i'll stop right here.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguru jeo,

I never questioned or will never ever question about women taking amrit. This whole concern came up with a discussion that guru gobond singh sahib has mentioned many times about a Men taking amrit and after amrit he becomes singh. So in relation to the Singh where did the "Kaur" came into existence. All i am looking for is that if there's any refrence to whether any women taking amrit and then called as kaur or any other refrence where guru sahib mentioned about women being "Kaurs".

I from my bottom heart always agree and believe that there should be any refrence but again for the believers no refrence is required because thats wht our guru's hukam is. But sometimes we do want to show some refrence to non-believers so they can think and stop questioning our guru's hukam.

thanks everyone for your input.

Stay in chardikala!

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

Early books written by Sikhs do not mention any woman taking 'Khande Kee Pahul'. 'Sri Gur Sobha' was written by Guru Gobind Singh's court poet 'SainaPati'. He does not mention any woman taking 'Khande Kee Pahul'. Same is with Bhai Kuyer Singh, who wrote 'Gur Bilas'.

when Mai Bhag Kaur ji was in battle the mussalman thought that a Godess had come to fight the war against them...amrit was running through Mai Bhag Kaur Ji's veins, how else could you explain them being Goddess- like?

I believe Just like God doesn't need a certificate to be a God, a Kaur doesn't need a certificate to be an amritdhari or to be a Kaur. Along with the khalsa their was a birth of singh and a kaur.

WaheGuru Je Ka Khalsa WaheGuru Je Ke Fateh.

Just a quick few questions in relation to this topic!

Why call women Kaur (Princess) and men Singh (Lion)...or have I been taught this wrong and Kaur means something else?!

However if the above statement is true, then why is the woman's name submissive? (I dunno if thats the correct word but you get me!)

And where did the name Singhnee come from?

WaheGuru Je Ka Khalsa WaheGuru Je Ke Fateh.