"rakhree"

raj001

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Its a hindu thing just as much as the sacred thread, now days alot of Sikhs do hindu things so I can see why Sikhs cherish a piece of string.

You will only see you sister to tie a pointless string????? sounds loopy to me wacko.gif

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will only see you sister to tie a pointless string????? sounds loopy to me

she lives so far from me and there is no one else left from my wonderful family.....

yes she is the only person left....

so i make that effort expecially for her...one day she will not be there, so to me its not pointless..

as all familys in the west, people never see or speak to each other but on christmas day,

is it different is it not?..

peace.

ps 99.9 % its hindo thing,

sorry i stand corrected...butn just shows u how wrong i was...

As I have said, it is 'Indian'. It is not 'American'. Where in Vedas Rakharhi is mentioned, if it is Hindu thing?

It is between a brother and a sister. Even Humayun cared when a Hindu girl tied him a 'Rakhrhi'. Yes, it is between a brother and a sister. Others are not allowed even to make comments.

It is not a Sikh festival, it is not a Hindu festival. It is an Indian festival. So far as 'Rakharh Punneya' is concerned, Sikhs do celebrate it and it is a major festival in Punjab. We do not need to confirm it from anybody living outside Punjab.

You will only see you sister to tie a pointless string????? sounds loopy to me

she lives so far from me and there is no one else left from my wonderful family.....

yes she is the only person left....

so i make that effort expecially for her...one day she will not be there, so to me its not pointless..

as all familys in the west, people never see or speak to each other but on christmas day,

is it different is it not?..

peace.

ps 99.9 % its hindo thing,

sorry i stand corrected...butn just shows u how wrong i was...

I was saying you cant visit your beloved sister anyother days of the year only that day, is pointless. If you love her then why dont you see her other days too???????

when people only see family on thanksgiving, christmas etc then they dont care about their family as much as families that see eachother at different times than a holiday.

Indian thing or not, a string is a string is a string. You should show love all year long and not on one "special" day to love your sibling.

Indian thing or not, a string is a string is a string. You should show love all year long and not on one "special" day to love your sibling.

You celebrate Guru Nanak's birthday only once a year. You should show love all year long and not on a special day to show respect to your Guru. No?

If Sikhs celebrate Guru Nanak's birthday once a year, does it mean they forget him on other days? If a brother loves her sister on Rakhrhi, does it mean he starts to hate her on other days?

Rakhrhi is an Indian 'Parv' and only Indians know it. Full stop.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

rakhree is against sikhi principles. a sikh women is a lioness, she doesnt need her brother to protect her, instead you guys can do sukhmani sahib paat for each other..but not b/c it's rakhri, but b/c it's outta love for each other...tying a piece of thread thas gonna fall off in two days is pointless, is the thread gonna stay with your soul?? this is pointless...gursikh families that i've talked to dont do this...

Guest Narinder Singh

rakhree is against sikhi principles. a sikh women is a lioness, she doesnt need her brother to protect her, instead you guys can do sukhmani sahib paat for each other..but not b/c it's rakhri, but b/c it's outta love for each other...tying a piece of thread thas gonna fall off in two days is pointless, is the thread gonna stay with your soul?? this is pointless...gursikh families that i've talked to dont do this...

:TH:

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

Full stop.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA FULL STOP HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif :D :@:@ :lol:

Full stop.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA FULL STOP HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif :D :@:@ :lol:

haaahhahahahahahahahahahhaah.... What does "full stop" mean in this context? Is he riding a bus? grin.gif hahahahhahahaahaah

My cousin back in Punjab says it to me all THE time.

You celebrate Guru Nanak's birthday only once a year. You should show love all year long and not on a special day to show respect to your Guru. No?

If Sikhs celebrate Guru Nanak's birthday once a year, does it mean they forget him on other days? If a brother loves her sister on Rakhrhi, does it mean he starts to hate her on other days?

Rakhrhi is an Indian 'Parv' and only Indians know it. Full stop.

O.K then when is the Rakhrhis birthday????????

I said a insignifegant thread means nothing. You can tie it or not tie it but it doesnt mean love or hate it means you tied a thread on someones wrist.

So now if I love my mom or dad there is a special thread to tie to them too?????

Pointless ritual after pointless ritual when will the madness stop?