"rakhree"

raj001

Dear people,

Okay lets get the gloves off !

Will all the girls and boys on this site own up

1, how many of u girls have refused to tie a rakhree on your brother ?

2, how many boys and men have refused to accept a rekhree from your sister ?

3, what was the reactions ?

Pls be honest……………this may not eve apply to people of non Indian background.

or should i say people not from indian background need not apply to this quiz.... LOL.gif

Dude, you just threw it up like this-----> :bringitondude. Yeah, I'm Indian from Punjab, you got a problem? LOL.gif Just kidding. I have not refused anything. I always wear the "string" with pride. high5.gif Some people make a big deal over such silly things.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguroo Ji Ki Fateh

Few weeks backs, I listened to two katha tracks on Rakhri by Prof. Inder Singh Ghaga. He did a very good job explaining this ritual. All together they are about 53 mins long. He explained what really Raakhi (Rakhri) means and how Sikhs were used to do real raakhi in the past. It is true that today when a sikh sister sends or comes to her brother to tie rakhri and borther refuses to have it tied on his wrist or mailes it back, it is very hurtful to the sister because she had sent the rakhri or came to tie it on his brother out of devotional love. She gets hurts only becuase she's unaware of the importance of Raakhi in Sikhi. In that case, the brothers need to approach their sisters in a way so that they can understand and be proud of being a sikh and will never think of tying a raakhi on their brothers' hands. There are soooooooo many things that are going on in our community that are taking us faaaaaaaaar away from the Gurbani and our history.

Please click on the link below to download two traks on Rakhri and listen to them. The rest are also must listen. I will upload more tracks on different subjects when I get chance.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/485519/841223ac/sharing.html

Thansk.

[

Honestly, do you sit on tables and chairs in langar? I do when I go, and I aint ashamed. :TH:

but but but is that not against Sikhism ??? :D @

yo lion child

but may be your in the new culture

of tables and chairs in yor gurudwara? LOL.gif

Honestly, do you sit on tables and chairs in langar? I do when I go, and I aint ashamed. :TH:

but but but is that not against Sikhism ??? :D @

Says who? The only "rule" that I was aware of is that you can't sit "higher" than sri guru granth sahib ji in darbar hall, right?

I'm saying, if the gurdwaras already has tables and chairs all set up nicely in the langar hall, I will sit on them. I didn't mean that if the sangat is all eating on the floor, that I will still find a chair and table and eat langar there. LOL.gif

[

but but but is that not against Sikhism ??? :@ @

as long as some don't and some do.. i guess... your right, there wasnt any chairs/tables in gurus days.. but niether was electricty or running water :D

fatehjee

sangat jee going through all the posts im pretty sure now that i think rakhreeya is not part of sikhi.....and nw rakhreeya are coming up soon and its going to be soooooo hard for me to turn away from it and say noo.....as my family think rakhreeya are right etc......soo...am stuck now, if i sey no they guna be like ppl haver brainwashed me ( as they already think that)....do i just tell them on the day that im not going to do dis so called rasam or what? :D

sorry but i will feel uncomfortable both ways....however i dnt want to compramise my sikhi in any way?

says who ??? :D @

says who??? blush.gif

says who??? grin.gif

that lot in india that said no tables or chairs !!!!!!!!!!!

that loveley lot in india who are the final throne in sikhism

that lot that pass the final rules for every guduwara....

to which, us lot in the west do not adhear to !!! we dont care what that lot say ..we will do as we please.

u know they said it ....... but do we listen ? so tell me whats the point

if we dont listen to them ?????

the

Akal Takht in Amritsar d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

said so !! that who...!!!