Jatha N Caste

_(JI)_

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it is creating "levels" of sorts. Why do people feel they have class themselves as a certain jatha, be it AKJ, Taksaal, GNNSJ, Nanaksar, Nihang Dals etc etc?

The way i see it, my life, my rehat incorporates a LOT of the teachings that are associated with those jathas. Its quite funny - i dont even class myself as a Sikh, for i am such a paapi. But being such a paapi and low, Sikhi has touched me from "way up there" and has reached to me. I think these jathas try to reach as high as possible but why dont they see that in doing so, they surpass Sikhi because Sikhi does not reach your heart, mind and soul if you are trying to push and shove and climb higher than others. Sikhi reaches those who bow ONLY to the feet of the Guru and try to dig deeper and deeper into the earth to find the true honest meaning of "lowest of the low".

Forgive my mistakes, for i know i make many...

I believe it is creating "levels" of sorts. Why do people feel they have class themselves as a certain jatha, be it AKJ, Taksaal, GNNSJ, Nanaksar, Nihang Dals etc etc?

The way i see it, my life, my rehat incorporates a LOT of the teachings that are associated with those jathas. Its quite funny - i dont even class myself as a Sikh, for i am such a paapi. But being such a paapi and low, Sikhi has touched me from "way up there" and has reached to me. I think these jathas try to reach as high as possible but why dont they see that in doing so, they surpass Sikhi because Sikhi does not reach your heart, mind and soul if you are trying to push and shove and climb higher than others. Sikhi reaches those who bow ONLY to the feet of the Guru and try to dig deeper and deeper into the earth to find the true honest meaning of "lowest of the low".

Forgive my mistakes, for i know i make many...

Hey Golee Maro, pretty good posting...I feel like that about the levels and classes which exist out there today. Why are some people so ashamed to classify themselves as the Khalsa? It seems to be AKJ Singh or Taksali Singh or Nihang Singh.

I was at a gathering once and I was asked by my auntie to recite Chaupai Sahib da path. I recited Chaupai Sahib as I knew best. After I finished this elderly man came up to me as assumed I was a taksali singh because he said I recited the taksali Chaupai Sahib. I recited the bani i knew i did not know it was part of a specific jatha.

People always want to know who you took amrit from so that they can classify you. To some people it's like Amrit can only be given by "the Jatha". There's only one Jatha and it's the Khalsa Jatha.

fatehjee

yh i do agree that jatha has divided ppl into groups etc....but i was just thinking is it possible to take amrit from a non- jatha gurdwara....i mean when you decide to take amrit will it be possible to take amrit from no jatha or sumthing...?

sorry if i have got things wrong but me just confused dnt know much!

fatehjee

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Yeah, its starting to feel like it sometimes. There are many people that see themselves as "this jatha" or "that jatha" and of course everyone else is wrong, only they are right.

It's unfortunate...

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Seems like it. people also like to promote that their jatha is the best and keeps the best rehat. Even if it is brahmanvaad. Jathas would not be bad if they all followed Akaal Takht maryada. No, they have to make their own and link it falsefully to someone like Bhai Daya Singh or Baba Deep Singh. Why would not the RSS take advantage??? Give them opportunities. Guru Ka Sikh is conected with Guru Granth and Guru Panth. Guru maryada is Panth maryada. Any other maryada is false. Panthic maryada is the one from Akaal Takht.