Flop Event Kirtan In The Park

Guest militant singh

Guest militant singh

Yh jus like 2 say what a flop the kirtan in the park event was apart 4rm Guru jis presense all else was a flop and not worth it .Naamdharis came along 2 who believe in fake guru jagjit lolll so called sikh warriors watched but did nothing 2 stop naamdharis..............Also few of my friends were mobbed by sum nihang stylie singhs yh and this in front of Guru Jis presence They cant take on naamdharis and chuk them out insted pick on sikh youths and say they gna call backup on them no.gif In fighting between sikhs da new phase in sikhi what a joke ....wasnt worth it at all Panjab radio was there selling thier DAB radio sets around hundered quid each - money makin shceme and barclays had india flags up at a so called sikh event .....im not impressed

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

militant singh,

ure entitled to ure opinions so alls good. but i was there yesterday and it was an amazing event with rass pariya keertan and beautiful kavishri. Gatka demo was just wkd. Singhs from India killed it! The video clip u put up was not in the presence of Guru Jee. Also, there was no anti-Sikh parchaar being done. They did not tell others to become Naamdhaari. I would like to hope that these YOUTHS who were there performing on stage would have listened to the veechaars being done on stage at some point and realise who the True Guru is. You cant bring people onto the path of the True Guru with hate. You do it with pyaar. If you had listened to what was going on stage rather than wonder around finding what you could to criticise the event, you would have heard the veechars on stage.

In terms of ure friend, maybe the other Singhs had reason to. You can come out with whatever story, but truth is, theres always two sides to a story.

Also, did you speak to Barclays about the flag? Because I did when i saw it and they said no one had said anything at all and they didnt realise. I never wandered the stalls until Maharaj left so i didnt see it before hand. Maybe if you'd actually spoke up ureself to them, they may have responded accordingly. But its evident from your inital post you were only "making observations" rather than being active.

As for the Punjab Radio - whats wrong with selling DAB radios? I didnt go over there but ive always wanted a DAB radio! I looked not too long back and they still CAN cost in the region of hundreds.

Anyway, forgive my mistakes and sorry if i offend neone.

WGKK WGKF

Appearance by Western Union again. How come they make every Nagar Kirtan, Kirtan event, someone would think they sponsor the Khalsa Panth!

post-5283-1154335302.jpg

Who got approached the Braclays Bank at the Kirtan in the Park? Did anyone transfer their current account?

hahaha! lol

Yeh i know, Western Union are ALWAYS there! THey attend more events than me! They fund a lot of events though so alls good.

As for Barclays, they werent giving me easter eggs like Natwest did at Vaisakhi 1999 so i thought "allow dat"...

This programme was nothing more than advertising in the park. Before I got the chance to matha theek a barclays bank representative came up to me offering a bank account in India!! Come on!!!

I personally had to stop someone from lighting a cigarette!!!

For at least 1 & half hours the organisers were doing each others Wah Wah LOL

Worst of all the amount of people with their heads uncovered was beyond belief! The organisers should have seperated the Darbar Sahib from the rest , It was impossible to concerntrate on the kirtan because of the Mela happen around.

Very disappointing.

Dear Sikh Sangat,

Gurfateh ji, just reading the comments on Kirtan in the Park. My I add, I went to the one before (I think in Leamington Park) and it was FANTASTIC. This must take some organisation to pull off! so well done.

I agree with GurSikh, it is very easy to criticise and harder to "do," although noone (including friends or others) should be discriminated against - AFTER ALL THIS IS NOT SIKHI! I feel this is the problem today no one actively participates but everyone is a critic, why not get involved?!

If anyone took any photos and would like to write a little something I CAN POST IT IN THE SIKHSPEAK Sept edtiion SIMPLY send everything (vids, photos, small article) to SikhSpeak@Gmail.Com I AM hoping someone can write something as I did want to go, but couldn't!

Thanks Khalsa Ji!

Editor@SikhSpeak.Com

THE FREE SIKHI e-MAGAZINE COMING SOON

SikhSpeak.Com

Subscribe@SikhSpeak.Com :T:

This programme was nothing more than advertising in the park. Before I got the chance to matha theek a barclays bank representative came up to me offering a bank account in India!! Come on!!!

I personally had to stop someone from lighting a cigarette!!!

For at least 1 & half hours the organisers were doing each others Wah Wah LOL

Worst of all the amount of people with their heads uncovered was beyond belief! The organisers should have seperated the Darbar Sahib from the rest , It was impossible to concerntrate on the kirtan because of the Mela happen around.

Very disappointing.

Yeh i kinda agree there - its a shame. I can imagine the event cost THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of pounds to organise but the whole "next on stage is ..." thing was very annoying and there wasnt enough keertan which left me unsatisfied a bit. The mela was also TOO much. Having DTF etc there - no point. Fair enough, community projects like Police are kool and the advertisers will want their own stall too which is fine. Other point is, Gatka should have been done at the front again like last time, rather than in a seperate section. I agree there could have been lots of improvements but i sat mainly in the darbaar and i loved it... totally loved it.

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF!

I DNT THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE MELEH KIND OF THINGS MAN, AT SMETHWICK MELA, Y WERE THEY DOING BHANGRA AND THAT WHEN ITS GOT NUFINK 2 DO WITH SIKHI? I DNT GET IT, NEXT VAISAKHI WE SHOULD DO A KIRTAN STAND, GIVING KIRTAN CDS OUT 4 FREE AND BLASTING KIRTAN INSTEAD OF BHANGRA, WHOS WITH ME?? LOL :D

I AM SERIOUS ABOUT IT!

VJKK VJKF!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa wheguru ji kee fateh

I attended this kirtan in the park at lampton park yesterday. i enjoyed the gathka display. there was alot of sikhs doing sewa. AS allways im honoured to be in GUru ji's presence. However there was a large tent fairly close to maharaj ji in which naamdharis came in with their instruments and started doing whatever they think they do. Yeh didnt look like they was doing much harm, but are these not the naamdharis that say Guru granth sahib ji is false? and claim there is a living guru, some jagjit singh? As far as i know they didnt have any photo of him up so i wasnt too concerned.

courage and invites

Well there was a small gathering preparing to move the naamdharis out by force. But then it emerged that the organisers were the ones that actually invited the naamdharis. So basically we learnt that the oranisers of "kirtan in the park" invited naamdharis that opnely oppose our guru ji and claim that a living man (jagjit singh) is the true guru. Claiming Guru gobind singh ji hid for many years and didnt pass the title of guruship to our beloved current and forever lasting guru ji. Some questions need to be asked, why was the naamdharis handed an invite?

if the naamdharis were handed an invite then why wasnt the Rss, radhaswami and nirankari handed invites?

im sure the radhaswamis and nirankaris and Rss would have loved to have their own tents set up there in lamprton park. no? they also opnely say our guru is false.

Alot of sikhs there were telling me at the park that the naamdharis are rong and ect ect , but they were all word warriors because they was not willing to take action.

Punjab radio had their own tent set up. . we had a heated debate about the punjab radio leaders of the religious program on sikhsangat.com not long ago, 1 of which who recently came out of hospital because he was attacked due to his words which hurt the sikh nation. None of the sikh program hosts of punjab radio were present yesterday, perhaps they feared being in such an open place with so many people that have words to say to them. I had nothing against the punjab radio tent, they seemd to be handing out decent material.

india flag

FIrst of all why was barcalys there? tryna sign up people on barclay accounts and how is that related to sikhi? it was an advertising playground for them. To top it all off they put 2 or 3 gigantic india flags outside their stall. ummm why? for what purpose were the india flags required? was there a cricket match going on that day? lol i think we are 2 weeks early for august 15t independance day for india.

ANyway it was good to see sikhs gathered in large numbers, next year lets hope there wont be gigantic india flags or naamdhari programs. A good spectable on the whole.

Sat Sri akaal