What are Nirmala

chamkila

I have a question what are Nirmala, I have only heard about Nirmala from lalleshvari from the sikhaweness forums but I don't trust what lalleshvari says. You can check this link out

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.ppa?t=1717

also lalleshvari link to this site

http://www.nirmalashramrishikesh.org/

I was unable to find any books with information on Nirmala, and I asked a few people but no had the information so could some one help from these forums.

Thanks

Bhai Sahib "Peley lalkare naal" Chamkila Ji

Gur Fateh!

You don't have to trust Lalleshvari (!), although I can confirm that he is a Nirmala nonetheless.

Anyway, without having to discuss individuals, the answer to your question is largley provided in the link and also on a number of other websites, which I'm sure you're aware of, so I do not wish to simply copy and paste these items here (best condensed source: Harbans Singh, Encyclopedia of Sikhism, see http://www.sikhcybermuseum.org/People/Nirmalas.htm)

For the record, I do not class myself as AKJ, Taksali, Nirmala, Nihang, SGPC or whatever...I am a Sikh and at best a Khalsa Singh...

...that said, I do believe that Guru Gobind Singh did establish the Nirmalae and Nihangs as part of the Panth and the accounts given for the Nirmala generally tend to follow the common theme of Guru Sahib sending five Sikhs dressed as Sadhus to learn Sanskrit and various ancient texts when the Brahmins at the time held their puritanical hierachy over such matters...tradition as it that Guru Sahib told the Brahmins that "the day will come that these people who you refer as low castes (Jatts, Tarkhans, Lohars etc) will not only learn and excel in the intellectual arena, but will also teach you and your children all such matters!"

From my understanding, most Nirmalas, to this date are from Jatt and Tarkhan backgrounds, which ordinarily would be considered 'Shudra' by the Brahmins as they work with their hands, however today Guru Sahibs words have indeed come true.

Outside of the Nirmala deras and akh

aras, if we look within for want of a better term 'common' sikh heritage, we can see the impact of Nirmalas through the likes of Gyani Joginder Singh 'Vedanti', Pandit Tara Singh Narotam, Pandit Sadhu Singh and the famous Gyani Gian Singh.

In short they were and are the intellectual, scholars (although Nirmalae have been involved in many battles too) and mystics of the Sikh sampradyas. The 'sant' tradition, Naamdhari, Nanaksar, Taksali Singhs and many other modern Sikh movement have in their history had close linkage with Nirmala institutions.

I hope this helps,

Sat Sri AKAAAAL!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Pyare jio, you need to be careful here and rightly do not believe everything that is written, especailly from sikhawareness.com. Mainstrean sikhism rejects the notion of nirmalas, udasis, sevapanthis and nihangs. Althougth they do exist, their actions are contrary to sikh thought.

Sikhism has a clear sikh rehat maryada. Althougth each jathebandie may have differences upon the finer details, there is a general consensus upon it. This is called the khalsa rehat. It is open to everyone, and anyone who has love for their Guru gives their head to their Guru and accepts his hukam and Amrit. "rehat pyare muj koe, sikh pyare nahin".

Udases started from the son of Sahib Siri Guru Nanak dev ji, and similarly the other 3 also has strong historical links to Gurus or Gursikhs in history. There is no denying of this. The concept of these 4 is now becoming known as Snaatan sikhi. They claim they are the original and true. However this is not the case at all. Snaatan sikhi is a concept which is the process of a diluted sikhi drenched in hinduism, and ritualism of the nature that the concept of the khalsa was trying to eradicate. Similar to the caste system, they may call themselves sikhs, but with specific roles, i.e. raksha, or meditation, or seva.

The concept of the khalsa rejects this, as it clearly ensures that all virtues, of meditation, seva, and sant siphahi should all be in the khalsa. The khalsa through history has ably demonstrated this.

Snaatan sikhi is a concept which Arya samaj also wishes to encourage, as it clearly associated sikhs with hindus, as per their belief that sikhs are h

indus. Bhai Kahn Singh nabha then wote the timeless article, "Hum Hindu Nahin" in response to the propoganda of Arya samaj. This broke the back of their propoganda, and set clear lines between sikhism and hinduism.

Now new age nakli nihangs in UK are also promoting this in their own delusion state of righteousness. They claim that Khalsa thought was a concept of British, which is nonsense. Khalsa thought had a renaisannce period during the Singh Sabha Movement and Gurdwara Sudar lehar. These movement crushed the false British backed corrupt administration of gurdwaras, run by Mahants, Nirmalas, Udasis, etc. When the Singhs went to the jungles, these groups took over sikh shrines under patronage of Moghuls and British.

They will use examples from history to prove their love for the Guru, and create acceptance for their existence. But the reality is anybody who has love for their Guru, does takes Amrit, does wear the kakaars, does keep rehit, does refrain from alcohol, cannabis, intoxicants etc. Many nirmales now want acceptance so they can create their own deras. However they never get time in Gurdwaras because they are rejected by the Panth.

If they really search for the Truth, and have love for their Guru, let them accept His Hukam, and enter the Panth, as Gursikhs.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

thanks for the info, does any one have Bhai Kahn Singh nabha "Hum Hindu Nahin" in English I really want to read this.

Thanks again

I don't think that book has been translated into English. Can you read Punjabi ?. If so then read the Punjabi version it is still the best book on countering the Hindu claims that Sikhs are Hindus. Hindus still use the same arguments that Bhai Kahan Singh demolished over 100 years ago.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

thanks for the info, does any one have Bhai Kahn Singh nabha "Hum Hindu Nahin" in English I really want to read this.

Thanks again

I don't think that book has been translated into English. Can you read Punjabi ?. If so then read the Punjabi version it is still the best book on countering the Hindu claims that Sikhs are Hindus. Hindus still use the same arguments that Bhai Kahan Singh demolished over 100 years ago.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

I am trying to learn Punjabi at the moment, would I be able to find the book on the net.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Pyare jio, I do not currently have a copy, but if some can scan and send to me, I would be happy to have a go at translating it. I think it is dearly needed now, especially with all the sillyness that goes around called snaatan sikhi.

Just to agree with veer gabroo khalistan da, proper nihangs, such as shaheed Bhai Avtar singh Brahma, head of KLF, and Baba Nihal Singh Herian vela wala are accepted by the Panth.

The rest seem to choose cannabis, alcohol, Hindu nation, etc, before the Guru khalsa panth.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

buddha dal, mostly all nihang dehras are corrupt now. The only good one i can think of is taurna dal. Theyre safe. Nihangs were started by guru gobind singh je. Baba deep singh je was not only jathedar of damdami taksal, but also of taurna dal. He was a nihang.

bhul chuk maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!