Keski ! !

Guest ........

Guest ........

GuruFateh

I have been wearing a keski for a year now and due to marriage pressure, had to seek help from sangat to get me a match who would accept my Dastaar. But the people who were supposed to represent me turned out to just give me word but nothing more than that. On the other hand, my relatives who I told that I got someone waited too long and got me another rishtaa where they want my me keski off.

The people that the sangat have tried to approach havent contacted my parents, and seems like they are not interested. This makes my rents think i should just go for the guy that my relatives have set me up with as they do not want to create family tensions...

I have been going through this for like i dunno how many years and Im just fed up of it all. People are gonna say Sikhi comes first... I know how much a Keski means. My Uni is gonna start soon and I dont want to screw up school in the same tension that has been going on for so long. Im getting engaged this weekend and It feels like its the end of my struggle...

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

I know you know that everyone is gonna say don't sacrifice your keski for anything... and they're right!!

Your Sikhi should come first. Millions of lines of Gurbani all tell us that at the end of the day, its between you, your guru, and Waheguroo. Your family won't come with you, nor your friends, your fiance(e), husband/wife, whatever. So you have to make the long term decision to stick with your faith first and formost. I've seen people not do that: and they arn't happy. Please, please, please try to use whatever strength you have to fight being forced to do something that goes against your primary principles.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Guest Guest

what is the meaning of a dastaar?? like i know it covers the head, i am in favour of the dastaar, but to think about it, i have no clue why a dastaar is special, one might say that sikhs wear it to show that they are from part of the khalsa, but i dont think that is the right answer... can anyone clear things up... then i think it'll make this bibi's life a bit easier

Don't do it!! From what I've seen in similar situations, once you compromise one thing, there's no end in sight. Where will it end? Today you "compromise" by taking off your keski, tomorrow it could be your kes, what will go the next day?

It isn't a compromise of any sort. Compromise constitutes accomodation from both sides, not you losing yourself in order to please another. I know it's tough and it seems like this would be the easiest thing to rid yourself of the stress and trouble it's bringing to you, but it really is only the beginning of a long road of trouble that will come ahead. If keski is a critical part of who and what you are, and your future spouse/family is unwilling to accept that, is this really what you want to marry into? You can and should put your foot down NOW before things go any farther.

As for those who were supposed to represent you -- if they've failed you, they surely aren't the only ones in the world who can look after your best interests and your concerns for rehit. Before you can expect others to look out for those interests though, YOU need to look after them yourself.