Overweight Guy In Bana

Guest fatboy

Guest fatboy

i never used to wear bana. as i got to know more gursikhs especially chardi kala singhs from up north they encouraged me to wear guru sahibs bana. i felt uncomfortable but at the same time overjoyed! the singhs always used to tell me that with bana must come bani.they are so chardi kalaa. so i start wearin bana as much as i could,to a point where hopefully i could do bana 24/7.

then something happened.(cant say what) and i totally stopped. and i had this kind of breakdown in my life and sikhi. i gues it was a test from maharaj.... yes of course it was. a few singhs n singhniya helped me alot but in that time i stopped all excercise (gathka,boxin,weights etc). i wasnt very fat but was abit chubby. its been a year n a half since ive stopped and ive tripled in size. im litterally 3 times bigger now and of course its my fault. but recently ive been spending more time with the singhs i mentioned b4.

again they encouraged me 2 wear bana and i feel more stronger now becoz of what happened.

BUT..

IM MASSIVE i look disgusting in it and i cant get myself to loose weight. im huge. if guru gobind singh ji was here in person he'd look at me in disgust. i look so ugly in bana and so fat its just not nice. i get alot of 'looks' from people and many uncles n aunties tellin me to loose weight. i try n tr.....but..it..just..dont...HAPPEN.

i wana stop wearin bana. i duno how to loose the weight i feel so ashamed of myself.

Problem : Gained Weight

1) Need to have STRONG WILL POWER & Paitence.

2) You won't become slim overnight. It will take months or even years to be something you was before.

3) Gaining weight is easy but loosing is hard.

4) It will take disciplined strict diet and exercise routine. Just don't be lazy.

Regarding bana.. Don't stress on BANA.. Stress on Bani.. If someone follows gurbani with pure heart, he/she knows the rule "Ghat Khana, Ghat Sauna" "Eat Less, Sleep Less". Overweight by choice is not part of sikhi as our guru sahibs told us to be healthy all the time. Stress on Gurbani, do amritvela routine and keep simple lifestyle and naturally you will see positive results that you want to see.

Hi Fatboy

I am in similar situation. I too used to exercise alot , walk like 10km or more than i left and i gained weight. I again i have started excercising . It os my advice don't loose weight because you feel you disgusting or bad but your reason should be fitness. To me being overweight is a sign of being anti life, so i am trying to be fit.

Best of luck

It's easy for majority of the people to gain weight but very hard for some. Personally i gained 8 pounds in just last 40 days and it will take months for me to loose that fat... Another way to see is that there are thousands of WEIGHT LOSS programs around the world but we hardly ever hear about a weight gain program because for majority of pop. its easy to gain weight.

IM MASSIVE i look disgusting in it and i cant get myself to loose weight. im huge. if Guru Gobind Singh Ji was here in person he'd look at me in disgust. i look so ugly in bana and so fat its just not nice.

Oh Khalsa ji, Guru ji would NEVER look at his true Sikh in disgust!! You think he judges by appearance or by what is the the heart? I'm sure you already know the answer to this!

No matter how fat you are you can always lose weight, all you need is tenacity.

I knew of a chap (wasn't a Sikh but a english chap) and he was just around 22 stone! No lie, he reduced his fat intake, as they say if you don't adjust your diet no point in trying to lose weight! Anway he is now a buff looking mutha :T: and weighs 12st. All he did was decide cut out all the fatty food and eat healhy. Even though he now eats what he wants (on modertation) So the moral of the story is cut out the indian high calorie foods. Parothe and a truck load of butter etc etc. and make yourself a realistic target. Don't keep putting it off or, all you will have is regret.

Hope this helped

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji ke Fateh

gaining weight is NOT easy

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

So true, when i was in school (not long ago) i was only a mere 8st. skinny a rake, a gust of wind would send me flying Whoooosh.....

Anway, then i discovered these whey protien thingymijigs. I'm now a lovely 11 st and it's all muscle BABY! I've hit the gym 3 times a week, an hour each time is nothing, if you really want to achieve that look you desire! - Brad Pitt eat your heart out! (If you've seen Fight Club you'll know what i mean)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh