Overweight Guy In Bana

Guest fatboy

Guest peacemaker

gaining weight is NOT easy

I don't agree with this. Shouldn't it be that gaining weight is easy, but losing weight is NOT easy? grin.gif

Also, I'm confused. Isn't bana like "free flowing" clothes? I mean shouldn't you look heavier in "western clothes", because they are tighter in style?

Like when you wear a Kurta, you can't see your "gut" all that much, if you have one, because the top part goes down to your knees, so it hides it. grin.gif

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL.......hey something related to me rolleyes.gif

anwyas i think it depends on the individual...like for some ppl its easier to put on weight and for some its harder.....cuz its how your body/enzyme system works inside......but in most cases it easier to gain weight and hard to lose it lol ( trust i could say that lol)

but yh agree.....ALOT of exercise should be done.......haha sometimes when uve been doin exercise on a tread mill or something for ages and your proper out of breath ....it feel as if youve lost loadzz like 100 stonez or something!!!!.....but on the machine it only say 50 calories ohmy.gifohmy.gif:)

lol i give up toooo easily!!!......i run to the kitchennn...haha so the exercise has been such a waste tongue.gif

if you have such good fortune to be able to wear bana then wear it with pride as you're only going to get one chance at this janam hunna.

Regarding saying that if Guru Sahib was here he'd look at you in disgust well Guru Maharaj is here - Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj King of Kings is here and He says on Ang 328:

khu kbIr jYsy suMdr srUp ] nwm ibnw jYsy kubj kurUp ]3]25]

kahu kabeer jaisae su(n)dhar saroop naam binaa jaisae kubaj kuroop 325

Says Kabeer, without the Naam, the Name of the Lord, beautiful and handsome people are just ugly hunch-backs. 325

on Ang 89:

vys kry kurUip kulKxI min KotY kUiVAwir ]

vaes karae kuroop kulakhanee man khottai koorriaar ||

She may wear good clothes, but the bride is ugly and rude; her mind is false and impure.

nwnk ibnu nwvY kurUip kusohxI prhir CofI Bqwir ]1]

naanak bin naavai kuroop kusohanee parehar shhoddee bhathaar ||1||

O Nanak, without the Name, she is ugly and ungraceful. She is abandoned and left behind by her Husband Lord. ||1||

i'm dark and tubby and people say "thoo sohnaa nii lagdhaa" and all the rest!! and ask me to do stuff about my appearance and stuff too but you gotta say does their opinion count for anything?

the only opinion you need to worry about is yours and Guru Maharaj, with the Bani will come the understanding, acceptance and appreciation of just being who you are. with bani and bana you'll be beautiful inside and out.

Hi fat boy.

1 stay away from the ladoo’s

2 go to the local gurudwara every day and do cleaning and washing up, not only this will settle your mind but it will help with the weight loss.

Ps stay way from the keer (rice puddings).

And only have no more that 2 roties,

Drink lots of water…..

Good luck.

waheguru jee ka khalsa, waheguru jee kee fateh!!

set yourself a target

how much weight you want to lose

give yourself about a year

write it down if you have to

each morning look at that piece of paper

remind yourself of what you want to achieve

sometimes the problem is the relationship the person has with food

i realise that half the time that i eat, its not because im hungry

im just being greedy, i like the taste

dont give up, keep going

remind yourself every morning

motivate yourself

hope it works out for you!

waheguru jee ka khalsa, waheguru jee kee fateh!

P.S we can be very paranoid

most of the time we dont look half as bad as we feel!

• 2 weeks later...