Akhand Paaths : 24/7 ?

Golee Maro

VGKK VGKF

How can you listen to an akhand paath for 48 hours in a row? my meaning is,

1. is it "excusable" then not to have ishnaan during those 48 hours?

2. Would you not recite nitnem?

3. Would you not eat for 24 hours? Or is it optional? Would you have to leave the darbaar hall if you did want to eat?

4. Is it ok to sit and stand every so often to listen to an Akhand Paath? Help your blood circulation and keep you awake.

5. If you are listening to an akhand paath, and someone recites something wrong, is it not ok to stop them and tell them to repeat the tukk?

its impossible for a human to listen to the whole akhand paath in one sitting.

but, if guru does kirpa then one do it with ease.....

at Baru Sahib, 18 young bibian listened to whole akhand paath in one choukra.....

only if guru does kirpa can one do this.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

It about being a part of the Paath, not about straining yourself to hear 48 hours of Paath. If the need arises to use the restroom then its not lilke you dont bear fruit for attending the Paath etc.

Akhand Paaths are there as a devotional paath from the Guru. Remember the Gurus didnt say you have to do Akhand Paaths. Its a more modern Sikh entity. We all love the Paaths but dont make it a rule for this and that, they can sit for 48 hours etc.

In the 48 hours the bibia didnt let their mind wander from the paath once, not even for two seconds???? Your mind can only function properly after sleep and eatting.

After they stayed up for 2 days did they still do their Amritvela Jaap and then Panj Banis???????? Sacrifice nitnem for Akhand Paath?? Which one has more worth?? We have{and are comanded in the rehat} to read the daily banis. We arent comanded to stay for 48 hours at Akhand Paaths.

Dont get me wrong I like going to Akhand Paaths but lay off the restrictions of restroom, food/water etc. That just makes it more hinduized with all the pointless rules etc.

like i said, no human can sit with their own will. a human will need to eat, sleep, bathe, use the restroom n all that.....no doubt.

but if guru does kirpa then n only then one can sit through the whole akhand path in one choukra. so if guru is doing kirpa on someone to sit through the whole akhand paath without doing their panj bania then who am i to question.

why do we have this whole akhand paath has to be done in 48 hours thing. i'm sorry but that just sounds stupid to me. paath should be done with sehaj n payaar. this 48 hr restriction is a hinduized thing.......

its impossible for a human to listen to the whole akhand paath in one sitting.

but, if guru does kirpa then one do it with ease.....

at Baru Sahib, 18 young bibian listened to whole akhand paath in one choukra.....

only if guru does kirpa can one do this.

i went to baru sahib :)

i hated it no.gif

and yeah...

an Akhand Paath isnt done by one person all the time

i have seen people take turns grin.gif

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

like i said, no human can sit with their own will. a human will need to eat, sleep, bathe, use the restroom n all that.....no doubt.

but if guru does kirpa then n only then one can sit through the whole akhand path in one choukra. so if guru is doing kirpa on someone to sit through the whole akhand paath without doing their panj bania then who am i to question.

why do we have this whole akhand paath has to be done in 48 hours thing. i'm sorry but that just sounds stupid to me. paath should be done with sehaj n payaar. this 48 hr restriction is a hinduized thing.......

Khalsagirl: You shouldnt hate going to any Gurdwara

Papi: What I am saying is, if you sit through a whole Akhand Paath then what did you gain??????? Unless you learned new words/vichar etc Did you come closer to memorizing Sri guru Granth Sahib etc????

We should just have Akhand Paaths with people beautifully singing each pauri/Salok etc in however long it takes of the Guru Granth not people quickly mumbling of which seasoned Granthis cant understand.

If it took 3 or 4 days the Paath would sound more beautiful and fullfilling to the listening Sangat.

Next some Sikhs will come up with, during prakash you can only walk 20 steps to the Manji Sahib with Guru Granth Sahib on your head etc rolleyes.gif

i'm in no position to say wats gained from it because i haven't sat thru the whole akhand paath yet.

late bhai parminder singh sat through one whole akhand paath and after doing that had something different about him. it was like was complete somehow really hard to explain.