Sikh Student Camp Update

Charan Singh

Guest Dancing Warrior

Provide facts; provide evidence that’s the only way forward. If what was discussed in a conversation actually lead to an actual incident by the persons who took part in the conversation then that is proof. Otherwise its pure propaganda and speculation.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any verifiable evidence to support your claim?

It's not my claim, I am only communicating what's going around. I have summarised what I think the issues seem to be. I do personally know there was a stong nang influence in previous camps and I know from personal conversation with some of the camp organisers that they have a more relaxed attitude to what I would term as Sikh Maryada. That's only my opinion.

Respectfully,

Your post and opinion is bias, you need to state the facts and provide evidence as support.

Dancing Warrior, where's your evidence to counter argue? What do you want, signed confessions and tape recordings? Discuss your points like the blog does.

These discussions have been going on for months now and i don't think there been any resolve. I was present in the july meeting in Gravesend between the Sikh Student Camp Organisers and members of the concerned Sangat. I was with the concerned sangat who put foward the issues to the Camp organisers. The brunt of issues did boil down to the banning of 10 or so individuals who are either sevadars or campers involved in the camp. Both parties accepted this resolve but I don't think anything progressed.

I lost the plot of what has happened afterwards! From Gurmastak's blog it looks like the camp is going on but I can't seen any pictures of the individuals who were asked to be banned, so we can assume that they banned those individuals.

Regarding the weak parchar, I suppose that is always a subjective issue. But the sanatan/nang influence needs to disappear from the Camp

Guest Dancing Warrior

Is there any verifiable evidence to support your claim?

It's not my claim, I am only communicating what's going around. I have summarised what I think the issues seem to be. I do personally know there was a stong nang influence in previous camps and I know from personal conversation with some of the camp organisers that they have a more relaxed attitude to what I would term as Sikh Maryada. That's only my opinion.

Respectfully,

Your post and opinion is bias, you need to state the facts and provide evidence as support.

Dancing Warrior, where's your evidence to counter argue? What do you want, signed confessions and tape recordings? Discuss your points like the blog does.

If some one is claiming that females have been harassed etc, this is a serious accusation nothing short of a proper investigation will do so a sighed confession would be a good starting point maybe you could be constructive and source it.

The fact that some people don’t agree with the philosophy of others is not a crime or is it?

The fact that some people don’t agree with the philosophy of others is not a crime or is it?

I suppose it's not a crime, but if they are going to do a sikh camp and profess to promote Akal Takht Maryada then they need to be more responsible with their parchar and adhere to the Akal Takth Maryada regardless of personal beliefs.

I do agree to an extent that some of the girls who have been intimated and harressed need to try and come out to substantiate the allegations.

Guest Dancing Warrior

Veer with all due respect it is not easy for any girl to come forward, as our community is such that people will not want to marry her. It is a sad but true fact.

Then this needs to change maybe you should look in to this what causes this disease and then look for its roots, then finish it, destroy it.