Gurmat Sangeet ... Or Is It?

Akaali

Guest Singh_jee

no kirtan is rong, but kirtan in raag is powerful and that if evry one does kirtan in raag, the way the guru wanted us 2 do it it would b magical, take your mind back 2 the time of our gurus and the kirtan then...

and then think about how the raagis do it 2 day, the ones u see at your local gurdwara with 2 vajas and tabla, getting paid 4 singing gurus bani...

i play tabla aswell and i havent had a teacher much but i play in regular diwans, sit in front of guru maharaj and play and he found me a teacher, a teacher walkd up 2 me... its all a matter of faith

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker

and then think about how the raagis do it 2 day, the ones u see at your local gurdwara with 2 vajas and tabla, getting paid 4 singing gurus bani...

Becareful. $ signs can lead to hommay.

i play tabla aswell and i havent had a teacher much but i play in regular diwans, sit in front of guru maharaj and play and he found me a teacher, a teacher walkd up 2 me... its all a matter of faith
i guess you are lucky. i have been asking guruji to take me to a good teacher for both vajaa n tabla. but so far i'm still waiting.....dont get me wrong i'm all for raag kirtan, i think its just amazing

Guest Singh_jee

but they making a living out of guru? people should do that with pyaar... the gurudwara gives them evrything a roof over their head, food, clean place, if they need clothes they should ask the gurdwara...

Guest peacemaker

My problem is with a small percentage of raagis whose faces light up when you put money infront of them while they are doing kirtan. Like that's all they are looking for.

our rich sikh musical hertiage has gotten lost somewhere in hisotry.

but thanks to people like Bhai Avtaar singh, Bhai Balbir singh. its slowly starting to come back with guru's kirpa.