Cremation Or Burial

singh di fauj

No.. Burial type of funeral should not be allowed at any expense as it marks the place where maybe your loved one start making visits often whenever they feel sad or remember you. With full respect follow what our ancestors are doing since guru jees time.

I've heard of no creamtion stories of the Guru's. - And our ancestors live in india so they do as they do, just like the hindus!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Veerjee, are you sure that you haven't heard of cremation of any of our Guru Sahibs (Hint: Kiratpur Sahib). All our saints cremated for ex: Bhagat puran singh ji, Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh ji, Sant Kartar Singh ji and many others.. Name me one who got burried? If they didn't then why should we adopt this method? Chardi kala bruv

Veerjee, are you sure that you haven't heard of cremation of any of our Guru Sahibs (Hint: Kiratpur Sahib). All our saints cremated for ex: Bhagat puran singh ji, Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh ji, Sant Kartar Singh ji and many others.. Name me one who got burried? If they didn't then why should we adopt this method? Chardi kala bruv

Read my preious posts! If the Gurbani doesn't dictate to what method should be used for a funeral, then why is it a big deal for you to understand? - Just beacse the above mentioned Khalsa's, were cremated, are you saying this is the only method that should be used?

Did you find out the names of guru sahibs who got cremated?? Maybe you should research and find out more info about it and you will learn something new instead of arguing on the same point in this thread :umm:

Respect Akal Takht Maryada as someone already replied..

Cremate the body, if not possible then go for burial or dispose of in the water.

Whether you want yourself to bury or dispose in the water.. i care less.. so good luck with you brother :TH:

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

(Lakhi put fire to his house and thus was as well as saved of the wrath of emperor and he also cremated Guru ji's body, at this site now stands Gurudwara Rakab Ganj)

Guru Teg bahadur was historically documented to be cremated.

post-5391-1157122079.jpg

Cremation is done to prevent the jiva from getting stuck in the astral-realm of ghosts (Pretaloka), by continued attachment to their former body and life. Cremation forces the Jiva to remove its attachment to the body while burying the body allows the attachment of the jiva to remain. Which can make it difficult for the Jiva to move forward on its journey.

Sadly the west has yet to fully understand this. This is one of the reason why there are so many more Haunted and Ghostly stories, place in the west as oppose to the east.

So Pakhandi baba ji, it is not so much what you choose to do with the flesh and bones, its your attachment to it that can cause unnecessary problems once the body has run its course. If you are detached from the body, then it is irrelivent what you do with it, but if you do not see yourself seperated from the body yet, then I strongly urge you to question your state of attachment in what and who you truely are.

i wanna get buried so later on my evil soul would mess that place and scare ppl LOL.gif

Penji, a picture of Tatu is not suitable for the likes of a site that has Gurbani! Please can you find another which isn't showing women who indulge in sexual acts so publicly! :TH:

Hope you're not offended Gur Fateh Ji