Taking Amrit

Guest sum1

and alsooooooooooooo... u do need it 2 fit u

e.g. sum1 might feel they do not want keski.. so obviousli they shud go 2 panj who say its acceptable not 2 wear 1!

tht is manmat

if u dnt feel comfortable wearing a keski and u go to panj pyare jus bcos they say u dont have to wear one.

u are not ready to take amrit

u are not ready to give ur head

u are picking and chosing

and no jaspaul singh, i wasnt discriminating, i was simply stating the differences as asked

• 2 weeks later...

i usuallly wear a durmallah as well but during my amrit sanchar i wore a patka as they sprinke amrit 5 times on ur dasam duar, i was in 2 minds whether to take amrit from akj or no jatha, i came to a conclusion that these new jathas like akj nanaksar etc show how our sikhi has been divided, did Guru gobind singh ji maharaj take amrit from a specific jatha and no he didnt, so i decided if my father hasnt then why should i

i dint mean to offend anyoneeeeee

d_oh.gif Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

If you believe in Guru Gobind Singh Ji/Mata Sahib Kaur Ji and the KHALSA PANTH they created in 1699.. then goto any amrit sanchaar recognizable in sikhi terms and not against sikhi principles. (ie. taksal/akj/nanaksar .. and NOT naamdhari/nirankari etx..)

..but if you think you think MUST need something from a specific jatha.. then go for that one .. but let me beg of you for one thing..

please do NOT degrade any other group like the one who posted before me did towards another group within sikhi..

just my two cents..

I think your questions has been answered from this post. I MUST GIVE THIS POST MY RESPECT. :TH:

respect.gif

"hi i want to make sure i take amrit"

you cannot take amrit. amrit takes you

"from a place"

amrit is not given from a place or group it is taken from sri guru gobind singh maharaj

"that fits me"

you cannot make amrit accomodate you, either an amrit sanchar is performed according to gurmat and puratan rehat, or it is not performed according to gurmat and puratan rehat. there is no picking and choosing which amrit sanchar you like the look of most. either an amrit sanchar is gurmat or it isnt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cudnt have sed it better myself!! the punjpyareh give u amrit.. u dont take it.. its not your choice weather you are given amrit or not.. its up to the punj pyareh... and u cant pick and choose.. ther is only one khalsa and one true path. i suggest u read books from bhai randhir singh .. bhai rama singh and some other gursikhs before u take amrit.. to realise the true value of amrit... cus amrit is not free. u have to earn amrit... so please do not treat it lyk its nothing and u can choose between amrits.. ther is only one amrit. and you want to take amrit from a amrit sanchaar that follows the right rehat! and as far as i know.. akj has the strongest rehat. but thats me.. u have to see for urself.

If you believe in Guru Gobind Singh Ji/Mata Sahib Kaur Ji and the KHALSA PANTH they created in 1699.. then goto any amrit sanchaar recognizable in sikhi terms and not against sikhi principles. (ie. taksal/akj/nanaksar .. and NOT naamdhari/nirankari etx..)

..but if you think you think MUST need something from a specific jatha.. then go for that one .. but let me beg of you for one thing..

please do NOT degrade any other group like the one who posted before me did towards another group within sikhi..

just my two cents..

well said bhai sahib jio......i totally agree with bhai sahib