A Question For All

SSM

Some forum members have a ''guilty until proven innocent'' attitude on this forum.

No names will be mentioned but can anyone comment on why they throw accusations althouth there may be a lack of evidence about something and why for that reason the forum threads have to be closed.

This is a SIKH YOUTH FORUM but are we Sikh? :e: :e:

I personally think it is to do with our inner ego of being better sikh and knowing all about sikhi. Most ppl like myself enter path of sikhi and have steep learning curve, which brings in this pride, that we know all. And then we are ready to judge others based on heresay and rumors. Most ppl also tend to support so called jathebandis and are totally blinded by their peer groups. Most are internet warriors and would do least on other issues pertaining to sikhi and would waste time debating online. I am one of these ppl and pray to waheguru to put some sense into my head!

The fact remains that keeping all those "macho" kind of nicknames on the internet doesn't make one a real macho man for real. We have to accept the fact that a number of forum members (I won't be taking names either) have preconceived notions about a particular non-Sikh community or a jathebandi within the Sikh community, and 99% of the time these "ideas in advance" are terribly harsh. The sad part is that such people suffer from a weird kind of "mental phobia" towards these non-Sikh ethnicities or Sikh jathebandis, and at the same time call themselves "lions". Any idea, thought, or word that is microscopically different from their own "closed box mindset" is dealt with as a serious mark of disrespect and sedition towards Sikhi.

It surprises me when I see Sikhs sticking to the "caste system", and at the same time blaming Hinduism for it. Take my word for it, as I am telling you from personal first hand experience- educated Hindus today don't even dream about castes, while a huge majority of our fellow Sikhs, no matter how highly educated, have practically refused to let go of it. There are a number of ways to justify it as a "class" system, but Gurujee has given us a class already- KHALSA. We don't need anything else because nothing is better. Educated and moderate/liberal Muslims today are more accepting than their fanatic co-religionists, whereas a number of educated Sikhs have become hard liners (I said a number of...not all). Unless we don't let go of this attitude, unless we don't learn to atleast listen to what someone else has to say without throwing insults at them just because their viewpoint/ideology differs from our own, we are not going to learn anything. Because to put forward a solid argument/logic at your opponent, you got to know what is going on in his/her head as well. And unless we listen to what they have to say and flatly silence them, sorry to say, we are no different from the frog who lived in the well and refused to believe that the ocean could be bigger than his well.

no offense intended towards anyone

bhull chukk maaf

Some forum members have a ''guilty until proven innocent'' attitude on this forum.

No names will be mentioned but can anyone comment on why they throw accusations althouth there may be a lack of evidence about something and why for that reason the forum threads have to be closed.

This is a SIKH YOUTH FORUM but are we Sikh? :e: :e:

i'm not sure this is relavant, but the recent thread on the sikhi boy attacked was just repulsive and was a all new low for sikhsangat. Some of us feel as if the issues we have with several mmebers here are being jsut swept under the rug by deleting some of the topics that have been constructed.

Of course, when things get out of control, the quick hand of a mod is mutch appreciated, however, a explanation would be nice sometimes.

And yes, this site is for youth, and adults too.

Some of the members say they are Sikh AND think it's OK to accept what is said against others without even wanting to accept the other side. When everyone thinks they are right we have serious problems.

The site should be to discuss but we often read posts in which members have been rude about other people. It's just not Sikh and I wish people, myself included, would stop doing that. It's not a good thing for the teenagers that read these forums, we are not setting a good example.

Just hope you all can agree with me.....as I'm right! And 'debate' rather than 'fight'.

individuality is a gift to us all. Maharaaj has made us all unique, but equal at the same time however, i think too many people abuse that right for their own intentions - some of which include jealousy and hate.

Ask a psychologist and they will tell u that for some people, they feel excited and thrilled when something major happens. Take 9/11... people were glued to their sets but inside were really excited to see what will happen and waiting and waiting for the towers to collapse. And the same applies to this forum. Lets spark a real controversial debate and watch the events unfold live infront of our pc screens! Its true and its happened so many times on the forum.

I agree with the above sentiments. Something has happened over the last few months where, I believe, a group of individuals are shaping threads to suit them.

The recent thread about the Sikh boy being attacked by Somalis seemed like a series of postings by the Southall youth to seek some kind of legitimisation from this forum to attack a Somalian youth.

The Mann Singh rapist issue at this stage seems to be a conspiracy theory, but again some individuals keep coming on line with little evidence to back this claim, yet they are adamant to prematurely accuse someone with such a serious allegation.

There have been more threads than the ones that I have mentioned above which have ended up as embarrassing internet brawls between individuals

It is so important we look into both sides of the debate before we make conclusions. The recent problem is some individuals don’t accept that the topic is debatable and have their predetermined conclusion.

I know from others that external parties (journalist, Police and even intelligence) view sikhsangat.com forum from time to time. Even on an internet forum we need to realise that we are representing Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj’s Khalsa and can so easily be collectively judged on what some stupid individuals post on the forum.