Religious Intolerance Growing In Pakistan: Study

Mehtab Singh

If Islam and intolerance are inseperable, why did Guru Nanak Dev Ji have a Muslim as one of his closest friends and disciples? Do you know something better than Guruji?

Bhai Mardana Ji was a Sikh. Do you really think he would stay Muslim after spending his entire life with Guru Ji? Do you have any reference to show that Bhai Mardana Ji kept fast, did hajj and ate halal?

Also if that is true, then Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is also containing the work of Bhagat Farid Ji, which means Guru Ji contains the work of the intolerant. Surely you're not saying you know better??

Bhagat Fareed Ji was also a Sikh. His bani clearly rejects Islam. He did not fast, go to hajj or did five prayers. You can study His bani and see it yourself.

If Islam is not what majority of the Muslims practice today then it only means that they have not understood the true meaning of Islam for 1400 years. Then what is the need for such a complicated religion? Studying Sikh history prior to British Empire gives the correct picture and understanding of Islam. Guru Rakha.

Bhagat Fareed Ji was also a Sikh. His bani clearly rejects Islam. He did not fast, go to hajj or did five prayers. You can study His bani and see it yourself.
http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5280

This Shabad is by Bhagat Sheikh Fareed Ji in Salok Fareed Jee on Pannaa 1381

auTu PrIdw aujU swij subh invwj gujwir ]

out(h) fareedhaa oujoo saaj subeh nivaaj gujaar ||

Rise up, Fareed, and cleanse yourself; chant your morning prayer.

jo isru sWeI nw invY so isru kip auqwir ]71]

jo sir saa(n)ee naa nivai so sir kap outhaar ||71||

The head which does not bow to the Lord - chop off and remove that head. ||71||

oujoo is the ritual cleansing that Muslims do before Namaaz, also called wazu or uzu.

nivaaj here refers to Namaaz.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA
And top of that the Holy Quran says 'Allah has honoured the children of Adam'... and the Children of Adam is everyone... because we are decendents of Adam... hence Muslims shouldnt disrespect anyone based on religion, colour, creed etc.

If you are christain or muslim then you should beleive this qoute.

You actually think the whole Earth is from two people {adam & eve}

If this is true then the whole world is incest.

I never agreed with the qoute above . It always seemed alittle contradicting to me.

This is only my educated opinion because we will never know {while living} how humanity came to be.I think Waheguru made humanity at once, split into diferent groups, lets say, asian,black,white,spainish, and over time we have mixed to form new societies which over time have become races. Humanity came from one source, Waheguru and we should leave it at that because we cant go off of other religions prophets because of all the changes in their faiths etc. Bible is corrupted from translations and modified versions. Quran has two versions, the word of mouth version and the literally copied version so it to has corruption within the religion. Sri Guru Granth Sahib doesnt go out of bounds with origins and never known "facts" and only Rag mala is corrupt because a mohamedean tried to corrupt the Bir of Sri Guru Granth Sahib. We should quickly findout if Rag Mala should be incorparated into SGGS from Akal Takhats extensive studies not just a biased opinion. If it isnt Gurbani then we need to eradicate it from SGGS a.s.a.p.

Monopoly religions try to claim the origin of humanity but was there history to write or language and then the "tower of babel" thing doesnt make sence.

People people, islam isnt about peace unless the world is muslim!!!!!!!!

Get a quran and skim through it, and you will find it to be a diary of a controller and tyrant. I beleive in Allah but not mohamed. I beleive mohamed put alot of his own works into the quran. The hadeeth is literally the works of mohamed and to muslims they are almost the same.

Muslims in general dont show a humble attitude so they are lacking some spiritual guide {GuruJi} Hindus/buddhas are stuck in the twilight zone while worshipping statues. Christians just think if you beleive in Jesus then you are "saved" without actual devotion or complete righteous deeds. Sikhs are forsaking Gurus authority and have started the degradation of the society of Sikhs {A.e Ek Niwas incident, Hotel marraiges, beadbi in general}

Sikhs need to be the example.

My advice is to not debate with muslims because they are correct in everyway possible and is like talking to a wall. They are like christians how they can "interpret" their scripture to work for their benefit. When I was raised a christian I used to debate but now I feel more at peace with just leaving it to them to decide to follow it or not. For me I dropped it and let them debate over themselves.Ill just learn from my source of truth and let them fight over theirs. Its like them trying to take Santa Clause away at christmas for the non-christians, or forced conversion to islam. {{{{{I cant think for you so how can I force you peace????}}}}}

Blah blah blah only a select few are real submitters to God and dont forse convert/kill about others spiritual matters. Islam is a corrupt government {period}

Islam and intolerence are inseperable. Nothing surprising. It's pity that people still don't recognise the true face of islam and are still converting to this dangerous cult. If this doesn't stop "qayamat" is surely gonna come on humanity.

If Islam and intolerance are inseperable, why did Guru Nanak Dev Ji have a Muslim as one of his closest friends and disciples? Do you know something better than Guruji?

Also if that is true, then Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is also containing the work of Bhagat Farid Ji, which means Guru Ji contains the work of the intolerant. Surely you're not saying you know better??

I used to think in the same terms as you do. Then I thought about it for a moment, and realised yes, there is a large degree of intolerance at the moment amongst Muslims. But is that caused by politics, nationalism, or religion?

Also, I look at the amount of racist Sikhs these days, full of intolerance and bigotry and hatred, and I think its time we looked at our own selves, as well as criticising others. The face that these hatred filled Sikhs present to the world is not a good one.

Guru Fateh

I said islam and intolerence are inseperable....not muslims......there are quite a few moderate muslims around who don't follow islam to the core ....even now as i m typing this post muslim guys around me are watching news and cheering over 5th anniversary of 9/11whereas one of them a shia says "lekin jo bhi hua yaar zulm hua hai....aakir insaan hi maare gaye hain chahe musalman ho chahe koi aur" (afterall whatever happened was tragic...at the end humans are killed whether muslims or non muslims)...sounds unbelieveable from a mouth of muslim isn't it?......there are different sorts of people ....but if u analyse islam i think it puts more weight into killing and hatred towards non muslims than actually teaching equality.

Now if u think of bhagat farid ji......was he a typical mohammaden muslim?......had bhai mardana ji been a mohammaden muslim he would have never accompanied guru nanak dev ji( a kafir in eyes of islam who actually rejected various islamic practices).......now let's look at the followers of mohammed....when guru nanak dev ji went to mecca and laid down with his feet towards kabba he should have not been hit in chest in the first place by feet of a mullah.....but because there was hatred in the mind of a devout muslim (mullah) the kick in the chest was instantaneous......think of aurangzeb a hardcore muslim and strong supporter and implelentor of sharia a hero in eyes of islam...how tyrant he proved to be for humanity?...wherever sharia lawa are implemented there are always problems....wherever islam flourishes there are problems for others....ever searched for answers????

ਜਿੰਦੁਵਹੁਟੀਮਰਣੁਵਰੁਲੈਜਾਸੀਪਰਣਾਇ ॥ ਆਪਣਹਥੀਜੋਲਿਕੈਕੈਗਲਿਲਗੈਧਾਇ ॥

ਵਾਲਹੁਨਿਕੀਪੁਰਸਲਾਤਕੰਨੀਨਸੁਣੀਆਇ ॥ ਫਰੀਦਾਕਿੜੀਪਵੰਦੀਈਖੜਾਨਆਪੁਮੁਹਾਇ ॥1॥

ਲੇਖਾਰਬੁਮੰਗੇਸੀਆਤੂਆਂਹੋਕੇਰ੍ਹੇਕੰਮਿ ॥38॥

If Fareed Ji was Muslim he would not have rejected Islamic belief that all Muslims wait in their graves for judgment day. He believed in Karma which is gurmat.

ਫਰੀਦਾਲੋੜੈਦਾਖਬਿਜਉਰੀਆਂਕਿਕਰਿਬੀਜੈਜਟੁ ॥ ਹੰਢੈਉਂਨਕਤਾਇਦਾਪੈਧਾਲੋੜੈਪਟੁ ॥23॥

The above Shabad of Fareed Ji clearly proves that He believed in the concept of

ਜੇਹਾਬੀਜੈਸੋਲੁਣੈਮਥੈਜੋਲਿਖਿਆਸੁ ॥

Fareed Ji further says:

ਅਜੁਨਸੁਤੀਕੰਤਸਿਉਅੰਗੁਮੁੜੇਮੁੜਿਜਾਇ ॥ ਜਾਇਪੁਛਹੁਡੋਹਾਗਣੀਤੁਮਕਿਉਰੈਣਿਵਿਹਾਇ ॥30॥

Guru Ji says:

ਇਕਘੜੀਨਮਿਲਤੇਤਾਕਲਿਜੁਗੁਹੋਤਾ ॥

Bhagat Ji says:

ਫਰੀਦਾਪਿਛਲਰਾਤਿਨਜਾਗਿਓਹਿਜੀਵਦੜੋਮੁਇਓਹਿ ॥

This proves that Bhagat Ji emphazied the importance of Amrit Vela. Bhai Gurdas Ji says:

ਕੁਰਬਾਣੀਤਿਨਾਂਗੁਰਸਿਖਾਂਪਿਛਲਰਾਤੀਂਉਠਬਹੰਦੇ॥

Bhagat Ji says:

ਦਾਤੀਸਾਹਿਬਸੰਦੀਆਕਿਆਚਲੈਤਿਸੁਨਾਲਿ ॥

ਇਕਿਜਾਗੰਦੇਨਾਲਹਨਿ੍‍ਇਕਨ੍‍ਾਸੁਤਿਆਦੇਇਉਠਾਲਿ ॥113॥

Guru Nanak Dev Ji says:

ਦਾਤੀਸਾਹਿਬਸੰਦੀਆਕਿਆਚਲੈਤਿਸੁਨਾਲਿ ॥

ਇਕਜਾਗੰਦੇਨਾਲਹੰਨਿਇਕਨਾਸੁਤਿਆਦੇਇਉਠਾਲਿ ॥1॥

Notice how similar the above two Shabads are. The above quotes are only a preview. You can read entire Bani of Bhagat Ji and would not see it contradicting Gurbani.

The Shabad you have provided in fact does not prove that Bhagat Ji did Namaz according to Islamic way. Namaz means to remember Waheguru. Just because the Arabic word is used by Bhagat Ji doesn’t mean he believed in Islam. His entire Bani is in Gurmukhi. He talks about waking up at Amrit Vela, remembering Waheguru all the time and soul going to the court of Waheguru after death. All these beliefs are contrary to Islam. Guru Ji says:

ਕਰਿਇਸਨਾਨੁਸਿਮਰਿਪ੍ਰਭੁਅਪਨਾਮਨਤਨਭਏਅਰੋਗਾ ॥

This is not any different than what Bhagat Ji has stated but he stated it in a different way. Both talk about the same thing. There is no panktee in Gurbani that supports fasting, or going to hajj. Guru Ji would not have included Bhagat Ji’s bani if it contradicted Gurbani. Bhagat Ji did not mention prophet mohammad and neither did he praise him. Last year I posted couple of topics showing how Bhagat Bani is similar to Guru Bani which proves that Bhagats were Sikhs and not Hindus or Muslims. This topic is very long but if you want to discuss any particular Shabad then let me know as it would help me as well. More we question to learn better it is for us. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh