Devil at work

chamkila

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

As most of you know I am on a mission to become a Gursikh, so far so good. Some times I think WHY am I wasting all this time do Naam, getting up at Amrit Vaal listening to Nitnam growing a beard. Why can't I drink as before eat meat so on.

At work all the guys go to the pub after work, I also say that I can't go because I am a Sikh and I am not allowed to drink, but the people at work say get a coke or some thing, I say its bad for me to go to a pub were they serve Drink. Trying to keep a good Sangat, so people think I am some mad person who does not have a life.

Also some lunch time some people go to some restaurant I don't go does I have stopped eating meat, and if I get a veg dish from the place it most likely cooked it the same oil/pan as the meat dish. Again people think I am some sort of mad person.

Some time I think why am I wasting time doing this, how would I deal with this. I think this question would be best answered by some one who as done Amrit or is following the Rehat 100%.

Please help, Thanks for the support guys

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Just say, I would prefer not to stay in places where alcohol is served or my food might be made in the same place as meat......obviously some people wont accept that......dont ditch all your collegues though just dont go to those places.....

I admire u man........youve gone from monnah to amritvela singh and at hte moment i dont even get my nitnem done consistently and im kesadhari from birth........big pat on the back 2 u :@

Pubs and meaty places are definately not great places to be. But Ill admit, I do have the odd pizza hut, even if I shoudlnt :@

Just say, I would prefer not to stay in places where alcohol is served or my food might be made in the same place as meat......obviously some people wont accept that......dont ditch all your collegues though just dont go to those places.....

I admire u man........youve gone from monnah to amritvela singh and at hte moment i dont even get my nitnem done consistently and im kesadhari from birth........big pat on the back 2 u  :@

Pubs and meaty places are definately not great places to be. But Ill admit, I do have the odd pizza hut, even if I shoudlnt  :@

I was not monnah. If you want to know a bit about me here goes.

I was Kesadhari from birth like your self but when I was at school people use to beat the hell out of me, I use to get pushed in the girls toilets, some guy tried cutting my hair. I ended up cutting my hair, then when I was 13 I started growing my hair become a Singh but never followed any thing (no rehat) just had my hair, now in my early 20s I want to become a GurSikh.

It not a special story or a

ny thing. I think its best if every know about me.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Chamkila

It's all to do with the type of Sangat you associate with. If the people at work go to the pub it's not necessary to go with them. There must be others in your workplace who do not drink associate with them. As for lunch try taking your colleagues to a vegetarian restaurant. People do like to change their diet once in a while so take them to a veggie restaurant.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fatehh!!

Wassap Singh,

I can relate to your situation, since I use to be a mona, a year ago. Been there done it, was in a gang too, and one of my good friends was part of the 'Tamil Tigers', Its all in the sangat bro, I just got in soo much trouble with school (suspended), and family.

I still got friends who go out to clubs, drink, etc. But I don't associate with them, I leave em where they are, which a very low level of self-conciousness, hopefully waheguru helps them to realize..

I think its all an individual process, you control your thoughts, your surroundings, your sangat, the true sangat is at Guru's feet, who can save you. The sangat for going out to "chill", or clubs, etc. is all false hopes, when in time of need, no-one will come to you. I use to say all this <admin-profanity filter activated> about back-up, etc. But I know in real time of need they all desert you. So go where you'll have real back up, which is Guru Maharaj, once you take amrit he's got your back for life!! trust me :@

Bhul chuk maaf!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fatehh!!

:nihungsmile:

paakha(n)dd bhagath n hovee dhubidhhaa bol khuaar ||

Hypocrisy is not devotion-speaking words of duality leads only to misery.

so jan ralaaeiaa naa ralai jis a(n)thar bibaek beechaar ||2||

Those humble beings who are filled with keen understanding and meditative contemplation-even though they intermingle with others, they remain distinct. ||2||

so saevak har aakheeai jo har raakhai our dhhaar ||

Those who keep the Lord enshrined within their hearts are said to be the servants of the Lord.

man than soupae aagai dhharae houmai vichahu maar ||

Placing mind and body in offering before the Lord, they conquer and eradicate egotism from within.

dhhan guramukh so paravaan hai j kadhae n aavai haar ||3||

Blessed and acclaimed is that Gurmukh, who shall never be defeated. ||3||

karam milai thaa paaeeai vin karamai paaeiaa n jaae ||

Those who receive His Grace find Him. Without His Grace, He cannot be found.

lakh chouraaseeh tharasadhae jis maelae so milai har aae ||

The 8.4 million species of beings all yearn for the Lord. Those whom He unites, come to be united with the Lord.

naanak guramukh har paaeiaa sadhaa har naam samaae ||4||6||39||

O Nanak, the Gurmukh finds the Lord, and remains forever absorbed in the Lord's Name. ||4||6||39||

>keep your company with your friends at work, if u wish not to go to the pub then dont, if u wish not to eat with them then dont, but just because they dont understand then why should u change yourself?

we walk this path for ourselfs, not for no one else, if they ask why u do a certain thing then tell them, they might find it interesting and ask more, end of the day the reason why your gettin asked is because lack of knowledge. its not easy to do what you have done so you definitly are a kismet wala :e:

all my friends who i grew up with are druggies and do all sorts of stuff :@ i keep my company with them but i dont let them affect me and we have a mutual understandin between each other.. rolleyes.gif