Women getting Amrit

chamkila

Guest Akaal108

Here is reference for kirpan on the same post:

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...p?p=22903#22903

Thats from the amrit..one of our respected members at Sikhawareness.

Here is what he writes for the members who are allergic to go SA:

I took 'Amrit' from Sri Hazoor Sahib. I wrote what I saw myself. I discussed this matter there with the Maraatha Sikhs. I gave the reference of 'Sri Hazoori Maryada Prabodh'.

It would have been better if you continue to discuss in this regard and tell the member what has been written in that book. It was easy to prove that book wrong. 'Sri Hazoori Maryada Prabodh' was written by Singh Sahib Joginder Singh, the Jathedar of the Holy Takht of Hazoor Sahib. I am not agreed with many of its views, but I cannot show disrespect for him. After all he was the only person of his time, who served the Holy Angeetha Sahib. I am not Gurbax Singh Kala Afgana, who could start an open war against the Jathedar.

We should not forget that at Sri Hazoor Sahib they still distribute 'Kirpan da Amrit' to women. This discussion should not be avoided. We should be realistic.

Only for your information sir, I took part as a 'Piyara' in many 'Amrit Sanchars'. As a Piyara, I distributed the 'Khande Da Amrit' to hundreds of women. I never distributed 'Kirpan Da Amrit'.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest balwinderkaur

their justification for kirpan da amrit using chromosomes is total bakwaas... im surprised why sikhawareness tolerates them?? what if a youngster gets brainwashed the wrong way??

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Pyare jio, so basically the significant majority of the panth is not Amritdhari, according to jagdeep and lalleshavri, because when we took amrit only our Guru, sahib Siri Guru Granth sahib was present, with the Panj Pyares. The fact that the panth does not accept the dasam granth, and sarbloh granth as necessary in the Amrit sanchaar is irrelevant.

The Guru Granth does not have the Shakti, to be a guru in its own right. And the majority of the bibian in the panth are not Amritdharis because they took Amrit from a khanda, instead of a kirpaan.

So much for believing Amrit, sahib Siri Guru Granth sahib ji, khalsa spirit, equality in sikhi, love for One Panth, etc, etc.

I can hardly see how this has any justification in sikhi, and it also makes me wonder how on one side the same people talk about religious tolerance to Hindus, etc, and yet they themselves are so intolerant to sikhs.

Veer N30, I do not think you can possibly continue to justify them and their views. You may be upset with us for mentioning your messageboard, but the reality is you are the only ones giving them a platform, and if as a result if your forum is being slated, then it is justified.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Guest Akaal108

Amrit from sa is writing on article on kirpan da amrit.. he should be done by tom.. i ll keep you guys posted....i personally think there should be an need of a article or explanation... because soo many people including myself curious about it...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

N30 Singh

Have you succeeded in getting any references from Lallesvari about Kirpan Da Amrit other than the bukwas about X and Y chromosomes! :@

He seems to have disappeared from that thread.

Gurfateh

Bikramjit

orite no...He has yet not answer after me asking time and time again..

however u might want to come and ..refute his arguements..if u want that it :@:@

BHULL CHUKK MAAF

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Sat Sri Akal:

Just for fun...do you actually know what the Y chromosome is and what it means?

The Y chromosome serves ONLY one purpose, and that is to make the embryo develop into a male. Besides, the Y chromosome actually has no other significant genes (aka. genes that do anything). How is this relevant versus women who have two Xs?

Women get two chromosomes of X, one from moms and one from pops. This actually serves as another determinant of characteristics in the female besides just sex. The two Xs interact and determins whether dominant or recessive characteristics are displayed. For instance, if a female has one copy of the bald gene and another of a full head of hair gene, then the female will not expreience baldness. A male does not have another X chromosome with which to neutralize a recessive gene, so if a male has one bald gene in their only X, they will be bald as they have no genes on the Y to counter it (note: not ALL recessive genes are bad....).

That's what genes mean. If your logic is applied, then the WOMEN should be getting amrit froma Kard and a Khanda, as they have two functional sex-determining genes and the males should be getting amrit from only a Kirpan. Unless someone is now going to contend that males need two Shastars for Amrit to supplement their deficiencies in which case...

hit.gifhit.gifhit.gif