Women getting Amrit

chamkila

jagjit_waheguru that is very admirable of you, but surely if you believe in a maryada then you believe in it wholly and fully, not chopping off bits that are not to your satisfaction...you see it is very easy to say that the sgpc is corrupt, and I believe you, but then why accept the rehitnama made by them...and not only does it support meat eating..but chatka. :@

I am looking for a rehit to follow, I will not just take amrit and believe whatever suits me, I want a rehit that is unchanged since Guru Ji's times..... not one made up after Guru Ji passed away...I'm sorry if this offends people, but these are just my views, I do not suggest that anyone should follow my views. rolleyes.gif

I think Guru Ji is watching us all hating each other in disbelief and is probably dissapointed that his Sikhs couldn't even get the first thing right...about hukum, as Vaheguru wills it, so will the person live, whether they look like turban wearers, or whether they have their hair open...I believe God is in all, yet nowadays we have even amritdhari people thinking they have the right to hate the next man.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

Ok, you know what. That's it. Now I want some evidence. Prove to me that ONLY members of th SGPC made the Rehat Maryada. Show me texts that point directly to SGPC members as the authors of the Rehat Maryada.

THEY DO NOT EXIST!!!!!

The SGPC of olden was NOT anything like the current SGPC (corrupt and bought). That SGPC hosted a meeting of prominent Sikh scholars and highly spiritual Sikhs to convene and deliberate on all of teh Rehatnamas present. Each was compared with Gurbani. Whatever was in line with Gurbani was kept...whatever was not was tossed. The acceptable Rehatnamas were compiled into the current Rehat Maryada. It was then passed along to various groups of the Panth and even internationally. That draft, after the input of the above stated parties, was then made into the final draft. The committee then gave the SGPC the authorization to PRINT (NOT MODIFY OR CREATE) the Rehat Maryada.

Enough of this calling the Rehat Maryada incorrect or wrong. All of the Rehatnamas were evaluated by the committee who made the Rehat Maryada. Contrary to what the majority of the message forums say, the majority of the Panth has no problem with the Rehat Maryada. If they did, it would not be in its current publication now, would it?

Now, as per that Rehat Maryada, women can even participate in being the Panj Pyare in administering the Khandae-Di-Pahul Amrit. There is NO provision for this Kirpan Da "Amrit". Such a view that women should be given Kirpan Da "Amrit" is utterly ridiculous. Not a single time does Gurbani state that women and men should be treated differently. In history, women were given the equivalent

responsibilities as the men. The Guru Sahiban even gave almost 50% of the Manjis (missionary districts) to women. Women were never told to take a step down and let a man do their job. What is a Rehatnama in comparison to Gurbani and history? Rehatnamas were only writings of prominent Sikhs of the time. They were NOT the Gurus! Bhai Chaupa Singh was supposed to be a close associate of Guru Gobind Singh Sahib and yet he writes that Chibber Brahmins made superior Sikhs to other castes!!! Is this in line with Sikhism? (One person did raise the issue that these Rehatnamas might have even been modified...more of a reason to not take them as the Absolute Truth).

You want to read extra Gurbani in your Nitnem...great...do it. You a women who wants to wear a Keski? Fantastic. But what gives any of you the right to tell the rest of the Panth they are wrong? If you feel that strongly, raise the point with the Akal Thakat. But until changes are made to the Rehat Maryada, it IS the law of the Panth and it is the duty of every Sikh to follow that law.

forget all rehtinamas

stay strict to the rehit provided by guru sahibs 52 hukumns live as gur-sikhs

guru ji never said ne thing about women or men, he adressed khalsa

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ke fateh!

No offence to Garboo Khalistan Dah but who are u to say the following? after all u are a mona so that obviously means ur no amrit dari so wut makes u think u can speak on the subject? Its better to do sumthing urself 1st then tell others to do it...

sorry ggb ur rite :@

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Pyare jio, I think veer or bhenji, ms 514 has basically clocked it.

Serenity, you question me. It is straight forward. I believe the Akal Takht rehit maryada is only way to bring the whole Panth together on one platform.

However, one side is Panth, one the other is personal jeevan. I believe in my personal to achieve the spiritual goals that I want, I follow mainly what the AKJ says. It is far more strict, and more focussed on achieving deep level of abyass.

However the jatha has always taught us to respect the Panth, and its maryada. Which is why you will note the AKJ is only jathebandie that does not print its own maryada like, taksal, nanaksar, sant smamaj, etc. Instead they print a points of contention, which is a way of having mature debate, and not just dismissing it. I think it would be far more helpful if all other groups did the same, rather then saying only they know best, and dismissing the Panth.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I came across this explanation of Kirpan Da Amrit by our knowledgable friends, Narsingha and Lallesvari.

Narsingha writes

...kirpan da amrit (also referred to as "kard da amrit") is also the standard form of administering Amrit to women within the Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa.

In contrast, within the Akali Nihang Dals, men receive Amrit that has been stirred with BOTH a "kard" (held in left hand) and a "khanda" (held in right hand)

For both men and women, Amrit is made in the "hazoori" (presence) of Adi Guru Durbar, Dasam Guru Durbar, (where possible Sarbloh Guru Durbar), Sarbloh (weapons), and 5 Akali Nihangs Singhs (with farlas)....without any of these being present, Amrit is considered invalid.

*waits for the uproar*

lallesvari responds

It actually makes sense that men get amrit with kard and khanda and women just with kard. Incidentially it coincides with the fact that men have chromosomes X and Y whereas women only have X.

:@

GurFateh

Bikramjit